It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-Mossad Chief: Strike Iran Now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Ex-Mossad Chief: Strike Iran Now

www.newsmax.com

Israel should launch a pre-emptive strike to prevent arch-foe Iran from going nuclear, a former head of Israel's Mossad intelligence agency said on Monday.

"I am of the opinion that, since there is an ongoing war, since the threat is permanent, since the intention of the enemy in this case is to annihilate you, the right doctrine is one of pre-emption and not of retaliation," Shabtai Shavit told a conference.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Turkish Air Defense System Deployed to "Defend Syria, Iran against Israel Raids"
Obama Sets Meetings With Saudi, Israeli Leaders
Saudi Arabia gives Israel permission to fly over airspace!

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Israeli "higher-ups" are beating the drums of war even louder. All of this is starting to come together now. Saudi Arabia is allowing Israel to use their air-space for an attack on Iran. The US and Israel just moved at least 12 war-ships through the Suez Canal and Obama is meeting with both the Israelis and the Saudi Royals at the end of this month. It's all a waiting game as of now. I think the big question here, is will Turkey live up to its promise and defend Iranian skies from Israeli war-planes? If so, I wonder how large this potential conflict will grow.

The question to ask, does Shabtai Shavit have his finger on the pulse of the Israel government? Could this be an indicator of things to come in the immediate future? Does this speech at the Bar Ilan University hold any weight?

--airspoon

www.newsmax.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

join