It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican Gangs Maintain Permanent Lookout Bases in Hills of Arizona

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Mexican Gangs Maintain Permanent Lookout Bases in Hills of Arizona

www.foxnews.com

Mexican drug cartels have set up shop on American soil, maintaining lookout bases in strategic locations in the hills of southern Arizona from which their scouts can monitor every move made by law enforcement officials, federal agents tell Fox News.
The scouts are supplied by drivers who bring them food, water, batteries for radios -- all the items they need to stay in the wilderness for a long time.
In these areas, which are south and west of Tucson, sources said there are “cartel scouts galore” watching the movements of federal, state and local law enforcement, from the border all the
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.newson6.com
www.washingtonexaminer.com

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
This is disgusting folks. Just disgusting.

The border is wide open. Criminals are openly breaking the law, entering illegally, and even setting up shop to observe OUR border and security agents. Here we have serious breaches of law, our sovereignty, with real criminals, real gang bangers, real drug smugglers, and here is Obama (the future "one term blunder") picking fights and SUEING Arizona for enforcing the immigration laws. And Obama is ignoring the real issues completely. Now why is that? I'll tell you why!

Obama and his band of [snippity snips] are holding our border protection hostage because he NEEDS the illegals to be on his side when elections come up again in 2012. Why else would he refuse to do anything about the border or protection? Why else is his going to punish Arizona for doing the RIGHT thing? Because its all going to destroy his new voter base: the influx of illegals that will vote him back for a second term! Isnt it obvious?

He is going to become (or already is) the one term-blunder and he knows it. So how else can you win an election when the odds are agianst you? Appease to the millions of illegals. Give them everything, kiss their @$$, give em amnisty, give them the right to vote, and presto! New voters and a new chance at a second term. Its sickening.

And after reading a story earlier about giving the hispanics SIX VOTES per person in NYC, isnt this starting to make sense? here is Obama's new voter base. I doubt many blacks will vote for him again. I'm positive a lot that voted for him sure as hell wont make that mistake again. What better way than to test new voting rules than try it out small scale. Give the hispanics 6 votes for their candidate choice.

Now is this really going to happen? I dont know. It sure does look like it though. I'm not one for conspiracy (as many here may know
) but this stuff is starting to make me wonder about what Obama is really doing with Arizona. I sure as hell hope this is all really in my head, with my slightly over-active imagination messing with me. What do you folks think? Is this a pattern?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6/22/2010 by GenRadek]

+17 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I would think the Governor of Arizona would be well within her rights to recall all those serving in the Arizona National Guard back to Arizona to deal with this problem militarily.

Put Arizona together with angry Gulf states and Voila, a new movement out of the USA... not hard to imagine at all.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
But the real big issue here is the NON-action of securing our border and the active PUNISHMENT of those that are actively trying to secure our border, uphold the laws, and enforce our laws. I am so mad right now that its just driving me bonkers. I need a drink.

And the cartel scouts are laughing their @$$es off, comfortable in the knowledge that no one will stop them, no one will prosecute them, and they will have free-range to commit their crimes and have an open season on our Border Agents. While at the same time, they fully know that anyone that will try too stop them, our own government will punish the LEO and let the real criminals go.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Nogales Police: We won't back down from cartels

www.gvnews.com...

Mexican drug cartel threatens to harm U.S. police officers who bust drug shipments while off-duty

www.nydailynews.com...

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
arizona buy some predators or reapers hire blackwater to paint targets using lasers take out lookouts send bill to obama.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by proteus33

It would be nice to see our military defending our border the way its suppose to. And knowing that the Zetas are helping the cartels, well, isnt that enough to send in armed troops and equipment to defend agianst such incursions?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
if the top of the hills there using for spying on the border patrol is within the US shouldn't the border patrol take over those hills and use them to spy the other direction. The border patrol should be using every advatage point to watch the border not complaining the cartels are.

And why not use Forestry Towers on the border.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by JBA2848]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

That would be a great idea to observe them like that. But they wanted the "virtual fence" idea instead and that flopped.

But then again, it seems as if the federal govt doesnt give a rat's @$$ about border protectioon or enforcement. Its up to the states and private citizens to do the work the feds dont want to do. But as is usually the case, when that happens, we get punished for doing the fed's job.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
So where are all those SWAT teams Homeland Security funded?

Why aren't they dealing with this? Too dangerous for them? It pulls them away from the vastly more important work of delivering warrants for parole violations and traffic court?

Why doesn't Arizona quit whining and deal with the problem with the tools they were given for precisely this sort of thing?

Either Arizona is milking it for cynical political gain, or the SWAT teams are too gutless to do the job they accept good paychecks to do.

Both the politicians and cops there are failing in their duty to protect the people of Arizona, preferring to protect themselves first and holding the citizenry hostage to their political agendas.

Grow some damn balls, Arizona, and deal with the problem with local forces and stop blaming the feds for your inaction. Get those SWAT teams out in the field and sweep the hills clean, or quit complaining about how overrun you poor babies are.

Disgusting.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I went to school at The University of Arizona in Tucson and used to go four wheeling in the mountains in that area. It was always a good idea to pack some heat if you were gonna be out there. We even had a few illegals that would make it through the desert near a house we had out there too. Pretty lame job by the gov. The thought that they can't do anything to stop the stream of illegals coming in to the country is a BS lie they keep pushing anyway.

If they wanted to secure the border they could. I can't believe anybody buys their story that they are helpless to stop them. It's sick.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

It is almost criminal how this administration is flagrently breaking the laws, allowing criminals free reign, and punishing those that are trying to do the right thing. Hence this is why i call Obama, the One Term Blunder.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by GenRadek

Obama and his band of [snippity snips] are holding our border protection hostage because he NEEDS the illegals to be on his side when elections come up again in 2012. Why else would he refuse to do anything about the border or protection? Why else is his going to punish Arizona for doing the RIGHT thing? Because its all going to destroy his new voter base: the influx of illegals that will vote him back for a second term! Isnt it obvious?

He is going to become (or already is) the one term-blunder and he knows it. So how else can you win an election when the odds are agianst you? Appease to the millions of illegals. Give them everything, kiss their @$$, give em amnisty, give them the right to vote, and presto! New voters and a new chance at a second term. Its sickening.

[edit on 6/22/2010 by GenRadek]

I understand your anger here. I agree that this is a pathetic example of the current state of the USA.

But I do disagree with these two paragraphs for the simple reason that Obama doesn't need the illegal vote to win another election. Bush didn't need it to steal his second election either.

What they both have/or had at their disposal are Diebold voting lap tops. You can throw any election with this and it has already been done in the past.

I think Obama is just carrying out the plan to bring down the USA by TPTB who have decided that America has served its purpose.

Hell, Obama probably ain't even American to begin with so why should he care if one more straw on the camel's back is made up of a flood of illegal cheap labor?

[edit on 22-6-2010 by warequalsmurder]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GenRadek

What does Obama have to do with the failure to use the SWAT teams (funded at taxpayer expense) for what they are expressly designed to be used for?

That is a local failure, not a federal one. If the will to confront the illegals and drug cartels actually existed in Arizona, the SWAT teams would be targeting and arresting the lookouts until none existed.

I fail to see how a SWAT team can be outgunned or outmanned. SWAT teams have the latest firepower, armor, technology, and specialized gear..at least they better have, or all the billions we spent were misappropriated and wasted. If that's the case, then Homeland "Security" needs to be abolished and all those SWAT teams disbanded.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

Well I think history has shown that any sort of "physical" enforcement of the law using force has ended up getting the local LEO in big trouble.

Recall the two border agents that got locked up for shooting a drug smuggler in the butt a few years back? And look now, the federal govt is now suing Arizona for daring to enforce the immigration laws already on the books. I mean if Arizona is getting crapped on for just enforcing laws already on the books, I dont even want to think what would happen if they were using SWAT members on the gang bangers keeping watch on the hills.

And God Forbid they use force! If they shoot and kill one or two, then its gonna be another "Oye vey! Oye vey! How can the kill such a poor kid. He was only 17 and was doing nothing wrong. He was just standing there minding his own business and the bad bad bad SWAT/Border Agents just shot him dead!" Its damned if you do and damned if you do.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Senators Challenge Pres. Obama on Rumors of Executive Order Amnesty
www.numbersusa.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by warequalsmurder

Well like I said, its just my idea
I think its a result of my over active imagination.

But yes you maybe right as well. Hell this whole mess is making real mad. And what they did in NYC with the 6 votes to a hispanic voter in order to "get one of their own" voted in, is highly suspect in my book. I pray this is not the case.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by GenRadek

Hello Gen ,

I think you may be somewhat right in your assertion about the votes that will be garnered through this whole 'amnesty' BS .

At the same time tho , I seriously doubt that Obama will see a second term , I could be wrong but , I'm betting he doesn't .

He will have served his purpose by then and will become a has-been , much the same as Carter .

Apparently , I must have missed the 'six-votes-per-person' . Got any links for that ?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
A simple idea would be to declare hilltops off-limits, place fence and warning signs around these and put a few land mines inside the perimeter thus designated.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

It was on the first link below the main article, but I U2U it to you as well. Reading it made my blood boil big time!
www.newson6.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join