It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Law Enforcement, what is happening?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I know there are quite a few LEO's and gov't people that post on ATS.

This thread is to attempt to keep our eyes and ears open to the situation at hand.

The gulf oil spill is major doom. There are going to be unforeseen consequences that come of it. I want to know what they are telling you guys to expect. I think that the select few of us that care about our country, and take the time to do research on sites like this to find out what is going on deserve to know, so that we can prepare accordingly.

It will be in the best interest of LEO's to have some allies in these troubled times, and one way for you to give yourselves a leg up on the situation is to have an informed percentage of the population helping you.

I don't want specific secret documents or anything that would jeopardize your safety or employment status, but I would like to know if they are preparing you all for the fallout of a possible gulf of Mexico evac.

I am just an observer, that wants to have a nice place to raise my kids, and do business. You could say I am a concerned citizen/businessman who is just trying to survive any potential apocalypse that may befall us.

We should not limit this to GOM doom, but also I would really like to hear about your observations in the line of duty. For example if you see some alarming new trend in your area such as certain types of crime rising rapidly, or any other anomalous activities.

Really I just want to raise my level of situational awareness, and also there are others here that seek info/knowledge that I'm sure would be happy to hear what you all have to say.

Thanks!

BTW this will not be allowed to become a cop bash fest. If you want to bash cops go somewhere else, you will be ignored.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by downtown436]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
This just takes me back to Katrina. Why hasn't the government done anything, and what responsability does law enforcement have without orders to "do something?"

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justice4Jack
This just takes me back to Katrina. Why hasn't the government done anything, and what responsability does law enforcement have without orders to "do something?"

Well, I don't know.

When a hurricane hits it is going to be Katrina x1000.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Im sorry i dont understand how its going to be Katrina x1000? I see it as a cleaning act. The storm will pick up the oil and dispers it over a larger area rather then sit in the GoM.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

Thanks for the great thread, I will be watching this one closely!

We need some credible information from the region about what is really going on already!

Lets get this one rolling people!

reply to post by camaro68ss

Millions of gallons of methane and oil leaking into the atmosphere that are displaced over the continental US by the 'worst hurricane season' since Katrina....?!?!?

If this happens there will massive sicknesses and disease, not to mention the possibility the methane igniting and causing more loss of life. On top of this, it has been shown that long term oil exposure can cause sickness as well.

It just seems inevitable before the region must be evacuated because of environmental and health hazards caused by the spill. Hence why I would be very interested to keeping a keen eye on this thread if I lived in the region.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Im sorry i dont understand how its going to be Katrina x1000? I see it as a cleaning act. The storm will pick up the oil and dispers it over a larger area rather then sit in the GoM.

Perhaps this is true but I think that will only make it worse. This is simply because sometimes its not the level of concentration that matters....with oil it doesn't how much there is....if it gets into fishing lanes then that fishing area is to be condemned...and look at natural disasters...what if a hurricane makes something like Katrina happen again....it will be both major flood issues and an oil cleanup project...

Only time will tell what happens and whether or not it will be any better....but I am guessing it wont be this easy

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I think that military and DHS will have more authority and from what I've read so far, local law enforcement has not much to do with anything other than support. BP still seems to call the shots under the guise of cooperation. It just seems that all parties are taking the 'wait and see' approach. I can definitely be wrong though.

I can understand not creating panic, but people need to have more understanding of the situation. Maybe they could release more data that the public can use, IF they are interested. Most folks won't be, but its better than the doom and gloom they spread on the news.

Its hard to say, but if an evacuation becomes necessary, people need to be calmly prepared in advance. Much like a hurricane or tornado. Thats probably not the plan though, sorry to say.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Well, for one, what Lindsey Williams and others have said will happen, of the three substances that are coming up from this "super deep well," that will and do become aerial, spreading in the natural percipitation, and through the effect of a hurricane.

Besides that, and I am speaking to the question of why this would be Katrina X1000, if a storm moves through the gulf, or storms move through the gulf, it will destroy any and all of BP's containment ships. Temporarily of course, but still.

Check out the Lyndsey Williams interview with Alex Jones. Very interesting, and so far not contradicted by MSM.

Here in New Orleans, I think it's in the back of everyone's heads, and we're just going to keep on doing what we do, without any fear.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by franklin555]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Hello,

I have this sick feeling in my gut;

Us consumers have relied so heavily upon the oil industry, and TPTB is said to be following some kind of agenda that entails "culling of the eaters."

Suppose that this is the plan to begin the "culling of the eaters?"

Think of the irony, and yet hurricanes are natural; thusly, an epidemic hazard placed just in the right place?

Maybe I've had too much coffee.

ETA; What if an evac is purposely avoided?

100777.com...

[edit on (6/22/1010 by loveguy]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
When did this thread become about hurricanes and weather, and spreading oil everywhere. Go to another thread if that is all you guys want to discuss, this is about if law enforcement can give anyone a heads up on coming engagements. I for one have a couple of cop friends and am in the criminal justice field and always have my ear to the ground. If I see or hear of anything I will post for sure. Lets stay focused on the subject people.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter
When did this thread become about hurricanes and weather, and spreading oil everywhere. Go to another thread if that is all you guys want to discuss, this is about if law enforcement can give anyone a heads up on coming engagements. I for one have a couple of cop friends and am in the criminal justice field and always have my ear to the ground. If I see or hear of anything I will post for sure. Lets stay focused on the subject people.

You're right, sorry.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dennislp3

Perhaps this is true but I think that will only make it worse. This is simply because sometimes its not the level of concentration that matters....with oil it doesn't how much there is....if it gets into fishing lanes then that fishing area is to be condemned...and look at natural disasters...what if a hurricane makes something like Katrina happen again....it will be both major flood issues and an oil cleanup project...

You are both right.
The oil will be brought to land.
Then they can start to use bio-remediation; or more specifically mycoremediation. But a catalyst will be needed to remove the current type of land use. Isn't that what Agenda 21 was all about----returning the lands to wildlife and wetlands to "heal"?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Did you read the title of the post? at all? maybe?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

When oil gets brought inland by high tides, and strong winds, when toxic chemicals come raining down, it will be freaking bad.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx

Yeah, hopefully we can get some good intel without the thread getting de-railed to bad.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Even the OP has lost focus of his own thread, you guys are to funny

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dfens

True, but nowdays there are feds operating in most police depts. They do give situational reports to locals.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter
Even the OP has lost focus of his own thread, you guys are to funny

Yeah, dang it you are right.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
yes but the quetions we are trying to answer here are the how, what, and when, not the why. How are they going to control the people, what means are they going to use, and when is this going to go down, We already know why this is going to happen, (because of the oil disaster) or something related to it

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

Lots of joint task forces. Have we had any LEOs in here yet? lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join