It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks & UFO's

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

Fact.

Fair enoght ?

edit: Spelling: enough

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Dagar

Are you saying wikileaks is a political tool to portray the wrongdoings of governments, and that citing highly controversial and decades old UFO phenomena would discredit the truth they bring to the table?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
OK... The debate is good! And I'm not seeing too many blows below the belt! Excellent work guys. I have to go to work now and when I get back, I will be reading through each response carefully. Hopefully I can respond to many of you.

Please remember, this thread is really about quality of evidence and if said evidence is of the quality that a rogue organization like Wikileaks would release it. If that quality exists, would wikileaks blow the lid?

If the quality of evidence does not exist, what does that say for the state of UFOlogy... the state of our evidence? Our future?

Have a great day/night one and all!

IRM

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Now I'm even more confused. It is unfortunate that we seem unable to effectively communicate. I regret any role in that failure I caused and apologize.

*Bows out of thread*

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I haven't read this thread in its entirety, but SBS Dateline had a program a month or so ago about WikiLeaks and specifically Assange, after the program there was a live chat with the reporter Mark Davis and Julian Assange on their website

Live Chat with Julian Assange on SBS

I put the question to him about UFO's, and his response was something to the effect of "Nothing definitive..."

So yeah,

[edit on 22/6/10 by ghostsoldier]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by againuntodust
reply to post by Dagar

Are you saying wikileaks is a political tool to portray the wrongdoings of governments,

No idea about their motivations... Could be political, could be ideological, could be humanitarian... Who knows

Originally posted by againuntodust and that citing highly controversial and decades old UFO phenomena would discredit the truth they bring to the table?

Precisely
... How many times have you seen someone dismiss an idea/thought/event/tale/report/etc purely and simply because someone involved has previously been involved/tarnished with a discredited event ot info?

Happens here on ATS all the time, especially here in the UFO forum.

All it would take is one discredited/debunked UFO-related leak, and that would be the end of Wikileaks' reputation and credibility in many people's eyes.... Sad, but it's the way of the world.

I really can't ever see them touching UFOs

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
im not familiar with wikilieaks or its creator but from what im hearing it seems to be a platform where people can come forward and post what they believe the world should know. basically a platform for whistle blowers.

i know this might seem a bit paranoid but there is no such thing as a wrong question so here goes.

what if wiklileaks was setup specifically to gather the harvest so to speak. they leak to the world what they consider an acceptable amount of collateral damage thus creating an environment of authenticity and safety to the potential whistle blower. then all they do is sit and wait for the leaks to come home to roost. and every now and then they will release a few tit bits of info to make the site seem legitimate.

i know it seems like quite a devious strategy to employ but how else would you know where the leaks are? i mean if i was working counter intelligence thats what i would do. create a fake site with the emphasis on anonymity pretend like the guy in charge is running for his life to give the whistl blower a sense of commonality. make sure the story gets enough coverage on the mass media so the bait is spread through all the right channels and the trap is set.

its simple and effective. hmmm is counter intelligence the opposite of intelligence??? does that mean you counter intelligence with stupidity? lol have a nice days guys.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Why isn't someone stepping up?

They have stepped up. Unfortunately, they ended up lying down.

www.metatech.org...

[edit on 22-6-2010 by Phenomium]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

If you knew Assange's background, you'd understand that this isn't really a tenable proposition (see AUCRYPTO postings and, if you care, investigate his other circles). After he's spent a few years in a jail-cell then it might be more believable. I also wouldn't be surprised if other people on the Wikileaks board have been compromised, but that's just usual renegade-politics.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by Xtraeme]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I'm in agreement as well that the vast majority of Ufo sightings are either secret craft or misidentifications. And lets face it, the Greers and Goodchilds of the world are like a cancer to serious researchers.

If even a fraction of a percent of the hundreds of thousands of Ufo reports from around the world are true and accurately described, there exist some thing, some group of entities that are capable of feats of technology so far beyond what we currently know to be true that it's scary.

If we presume that a government or group of highly placed people know that these beings or whatever exist yet know no real information about them, then we have a situation where there is nothing to really disclose other than fear and speculation about a force so scarily technologically advanced. In this instance there is nothing worthwhile to disclosing what little they do know.

If we presume as some speculate that it's all advanced military equipment, we have to ask ourselves some hard questions. Why are vehicles capable of thousands of miles per hour flight, right angle turns at death-causing G's, being soundless and only rarely showing up on radar never used in military conflicts? Why are we still confining ourselves to the earth and just a tiny distance of space around it? A country with that technology could rule the planet easily within a day or two.

I don't know. I think there's a little truth to both hypothetical situations i've described. I think that's why we don't see any verifiable whistleblowers with mindmending information. They either don't know enough besides that these beings or things are incredibly advanced and find us beneath their notice, or we ourselves are the source of this tech and our (the general world public) is woefully ignorant as to the true structure of power in the world.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Let's assume that there is some info on true ufo/extraterrestial existence, and Julian has the evidence. I would speculate one of three things happening:

1st possible scenario: someone intercepted his effort, which he then conceded to refrain from releasing any info because someone convinced him that it (ufo acknowledgement) was on it's way to being "officially" released therefore, Julian is going to allow the info to be released in a more appropriate or official manner.

2nd possible scenario: the info on ufo is so threatening that someone has threatened Julian with his/his families freedom or lives.

3rd possible scenario: there is no ufo or evidence.....

I believe there is also a timing issue with releasing "truth" right now. The world's plate is full of drama and uncertainty right now so the time may not be optimal for any type of ufo disclosure, for too many seams are coming unglued now with the Wars, oil spill, economy etc.

JULIAN ASSANGE - Oslo Freedom Forum 2010 PT1

JULIAN ASSANGE - Oslo Freedom Forum 2010 PT2

I personally believe there is/has been a ufo presence for a few different reasons and if I were to assign credibility to any of those reasons, one would be Clifford Stone's testimonies. I know some believe he is a disinfo agent, and the truth is either one or the other, fact or disinfo, 50/50 chance. In this day and age nothing would surprise me anymore.

Cliff Stone & Bob Dean - The Cosmic Top Secret

[edit on 23-6-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Good thread IRM.

It's always good to see a thought provoking thread on the UFO subject.

I had never really put wikileaks and UFO's together before, It's a perfect match, at least on paper, for most I guess.

The thing is, I don't think anyone has been able to give up any undeniable proof, because there is no undeniable proof.

I've always felt that the government and military's of the world really don't know much more than the rest of us.

There's no actual contact with aliens, therefore nothing to leak, the only things worth leaking would be files on investigations carried out on UFO sightings and they are already reasonably readily available.

The only other thing worth leaking would be details of our own craft, and these details I believe would be highly classified, only a small few would even have access to the real juicy black ops files.

So in summary, wikileaks probably haven't released any UFO information because they simply don't have anything tangible to release.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Where Are The Whistle blowers?

In the UFO community, any material, no matter how bizarre or imaginary, is grist for study, and ongoing debate(s). The subject matter, UFOs, doesn’t rely on truth-seeking as such; it subsists on the basis of rumor and the scantiest information extant, no matter how loony that information is.

Wikileaks, like Wikipedia, is ideal for prolonging the idea that UFOs have been captured and some governments of the world have kept that information to themselves.

Maybe someone, somewhere, will disclose the documents that prove, once and for all, that the mythology of alien visitation and their downed flying saucers are facts held in abeyance by those in power, for nefarious (or other arcane) reasons.

http://__._/wiki/Media/Wikileaks_and_UFOs

So here's the big question. With so much information being leaked from all types of government departments, the military, corporations and scientists, why aren't we seeing any whistle blowers from these so called shadow groups inside our governments and military in regards to UFO's, Aliens and Advanced Propulsion's?

Why isn't someone stepping up? Especially now with the popularity, visibility and clout of Wikileaks being stronger than it ever has? We're talking about the biggest secret ever witheld from the human race here, should it be true. The type of secret you would expect thousands of people to be complicit in maintaining over the last 60+ years.

Surely there must be a disgruntled 'employee' out there! Surely there must be one person in the know who believes that withholding such a secret is the worst type of crime a government could perpetrate against it's citizens!

So where are these reports? Why aren't they there? Why aren't they coming in? I find them conspicuous by their absence! Don't you?

What are your thoughts on this? Give me your rants! ... and please keep the debate lively but civil!

IRM

Because none of what you want to hear actually happened? Media is used by people, like us, to converse, talk and discuss. It's also misused by people that just want to poke fun and start fights, we all know that. But it's our officials that use this information to create things that just never happened. Reverse-PR. spin doctoring. The internet allows the world to talk to one another (apart from China, Korea and Liverpool). The problem lies with the officials. Why not try something a little more creative.. Just for a change, the next time an MP or Member of Congress is stood in the back garden recieving head from an intern, or smoking a cigar, take the time to look upward..The dodgy handshake crew is alive and well (I don't mean the Masons, there are'nt enough people here, on ATS that qualify for an argument, so don't start).

BTW I love Liverpool, I was only joking.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I believe that disclosure is coming soon. If I was a betting man, I would say Wikileaks will release the information. I also believe that they already have the proof.

However, I also believe that they need to gain some notoriety as posting factual, leaked information before they release something like that. Honestly, if they released a 100 page document from the government before they build credibility, I do not think many people would take it seriously and the site would fall into the "conspiracy" category and soon be forgotten. On the other hand, after they become know for releasing truthful information, they can release evidence of life on another planet and less people would doubt the material and be more prone to believing it.

I think it's just a matter of time. Give them more time to build up a credible reputation.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Catalyst317

Ah-ha!! - Excellent point! And a very probable theory.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
u guys believe wikileaks is a gov project to make wikileaks a credible source and then release ufos like they were stolen from the government?

I dont think this makes that much sensew ... just throwing out there

and they wouldnt release info related to UFOs, but related to life outside earth first, then UFOs years laters in my opinion if they are real

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Maybe there's no such thing as UFO phenomena in reality. I haven't find any normal man related with UFO yet. I doubt I will. Thanks for really good post!

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I have always said this, and see that others here ponder it as well, and that is maybe there is no evidence, no secret cabal nwo types, no men in black, no real government knowledge being hidden, thus no whistle-blowers to come forward.

I think that is the most likely explanation in this case. I would bet that the governments of the world don't know anymore about this than you or I do. Perhaps that is the hardest explanation to swallow because it flies in the face of what we want to believe.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I do not know if the UFO phenomenon is created by alien visitors. What I do know is that humans have mental blocks that could prevent us from even seeing evidence right in front of our face.

Example; I saw a person walk nude in public on a dare. To my amazement nobody stared, pointed, laughed, nothing. The person was invisible. Search some videos of what I just described and you will see it is entirely true.

I have tried to explain simple relativity to many people and nobody can get it. They have a block preventing them from seeing it. Imagine humanity before we developed these blocks. How would an Einstein or Tesla fare in primitive society? They would be outcasts incapable of propagating their genes. The ability to "see" things that are not beneficial to survival and reproduction are rooted out of our genetic pool and replaced by ... ignorance.

Perhaps the mental block is ingrained into us to the point where the few that "see" don't dare try to convince those that do not and leaks simply don't make their way to the the likes of Wikileaks.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
First of all if it was up to us to run this secrecy we definately would have blown it a long time ago. But as I have to remind people that its not up to us and we don't make the decisions here, They Do. when people become whistle blowers they have a sense of security that our goverment will protect them in some way or the other. Let me remind you that its not our goverment that your dealing with when it comes to the UFO subject, For whoever these people are they have absolutely no problem putting you 6' under, if it suites their purposes, let me make that part very clear. Thats Straight from someone that been dealing with this for 35 Years. If You think your safe on being a whistle blower on this subject. You might want to rethink that.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join