It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks & UFO's

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat
It would appear the vast majority of those with "clearance" feel the same as I do.

Perhaps... you may be right but the landscape is always changing.

IRM

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Hey GAOTU789!

Thanks for playing a part!

Originally posted by GAOTU789
If the any of the claims about alien tech and the like are true, what makes you think that the people who have the clearance to know/work with the stuff would be interested in leaking it?

It's hard to guess the psychology of others. Especially when we are talking about an unknown quantity.

IRM

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Great subject, great comments so far. Maybe I did not see this asked in a previous post so here goes......what if there has not been any leaks because there is absolutely nothing to leak?

Could it be that our Gov't doesn't have a clue either about aliens or UFO's? What if all the cases of UFO's and such have baffled even our GOv't?

I do not belive this to be true, but what if.......

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I don't think Wikileaks would touch anything to do with UFOs or aliens now that they know the Pentagon is out to discredit them.

Anyhow, who wants to risks everything on something that no one will believe anyways. Leaks of diplomatic cables and videos of aerial slaughter have a lot more weight and deal with more pressing issues.

*Short of getting an actual alien to wikileaks, I just don't think it would be worth it - No one would believe images or documents no matter who they were allegedly from.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
Great subject, great comments so far. Maybe I did not see this asked in a previous post so here goes......what if there has not been any leaks because there is absolutely nothing to leak?

It's a very valid question sheepslayer247! We certainly have enough evidence to suggest that there is something to this. In the end, none of us can be certain. That's why I feel an organization like wikileaks may be vital in proving this once and for all.

It seems everyone else has failed thus far because we're all still asking the same questions we were 60 years ago.

IRM

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
Short of getting an actual alien to wikileaks, I just don't think it would be worth it - No one would believe images or documents no matter who they were allegedly from.

So where does this leave us then Exuberant1? Your prognosis for the future of UFOlogy is very dismal I must say!

IRM

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

So where does this leave us then Exuberant1? Your prognosis for the future of UFOlogy is very dismal I must say!

There are more cameras and better video analysis technology than ever before.

It is all so new that most people don't know how to use it.

So perhaps once the technology becomes more user friendly and investigators become more proficient at using it, we may see some real progress when it comes to incident analysis.

But as for believable physical evidence ever emerging, I wouldn't bet on it.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
lets just say what if tptb, if they are such powerhouse of information and disinformation, allow certain info to be leaked. just for the fact that if no info was leaked something would seem fishy. and maybe aliens and ufos just arent in tptb best intrests right now, they are more about their wars and other negative things to stir up the hornets nest. i feel no ill could come from any disclosure of ufos on the governments part would occur,oh im sure in the civilain market some devastation would occur but overall it would be more beneficial to mankind and not neccisarily to the pocketbook or level of control that tptb seem to have. is there maybe a graph of what type of information has been released over a timeline to see if any pattern develops? these are just ideals from a guy who just woke up so bear with me, thanks

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Originally posted by Helmkat
It would appear the vast majority of those with "clearance" feel the same as I do.

Perhaps... you may be right but the landscape is always changing.

IRM

If there were hints that was going to happen then the standards and screenings would only get tougher. Sensative information is not handed out willy-nilly, back ground checks are conducted and all that implies. If you are of a type that can't keep your pie hole closed you are not going to learn anything.

However no system run by Humans will be perfect and leaks will occur but the question you have to ask your self is "at what cost". Lets say "That" document that spills the beans on Aliens is found, are we ready for the "truths" that will follow? There has been ancedotal evidence that what we would learn is deeply disturbing.

I can tell you from experience that there are some things you do not want to know.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
An interesting post.
I love how you phrased this:

Originally posted by InfaRedManI like Stanton.. really I do, but the guy has been suffering from cognitive dissonance in relation to the MJ12 documents.

Now you mention it, it does seem odd that nothing has surfaced regarding unofficial disclosure of the UFO situation. Especially when you consider just how many people are snooping about for information. You would think that due to the level of interest in the subject something would have come out by now or somone would have found themselves in a position to leak a document or two.

In fact, you would think Wikileaks would be spewing out revelation after revelation!

That world governments have covertly investigated UFO's is beyond question in my opinion and, as somebody else said, finding no answers they nailed a lid on everything and closed the case.

The only people around to leak anything are probably all retired and cant be bothered with the hassle.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
In a case of something as outlandish as UFOs you could be held hostage by your own need for third party verification.

Wikileaks could have something earth shaking but be unable to release it because they cannot verify it. Given the difficulty in just getting hold of something good in the first place this is not that unlikely.

For them to be found to be hoaxed would destroy their credibility as an organisation. This has to be their number one worry.

Its easy too see how things could remain leaked to wikileaks but not by wikileaks for a long time. For very sensible reasons.

Breath holding is not advised.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
When you are, threatened with a knife (so to speak, not literary) to your throat should you disclose nay government information, either way, until you are face with this circumstance, you than shall understand what the circumstance you are gambling with is really worth, your life or the risk?

Now, imagine and place, your self into the shoes of such an agent, than you will, or perhaps, may verily, fill what it is like, but ... I say ... NEVER ... will you feel what it is like UNTIL you **foot** it into the shoe.

[edit on 6/22/2010 by krystalice]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

S&F.

I think there is nothing to leak. So far all we have on ufo's from the government docs are just sightings accounts made by people in the military which is really no different than our sighting accounts on ATS or Mufon

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I would assume that these 'secret' organisations won't
conduct themselves in a similar fashion as other large
companies, the information would leak out through all
sorts of means.

Computers can't be relied on, the Brit that broke into the
United States Military system -looking for Ufo evidence,
reckoned he got through because some of the more elderly
of the top brass didn't bother with passwords and just had
'Admin' as their access word.

Paperwork can't be chanced... a missed burnbag or a litter
bin left in an awkward place, can lead to problems.

So how they store information must be by a means we haven't
heard of yet or the people who work at these places, know how
to keep their mouths shut.

The alternative is that there aren't any secret organisations
and this is all smoke and mirrors to keep paranoid websites alive!

[edit on 22-6-2010 by A boy in a dress]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan... if there were a lid to lift.

IRM

[edit on 22/6/10 by InfaRedMan]

I think that’s the thing right there....
If the government has something, where did they get it from? Direct interaction, or reports from folks that can’t even identify Venus as a planet?

As someone on another board said “if you think the government really is hiding UFOs, call the Air Force and say one landed in your yard. They will tell you to call the police and hang up on you, not rush out to make sure their secret was still safe.”

Has anybody here reported a UFO to the military lately? What was the response?

Is there other life in the universe? Probably.
Has it visited us? I've not seen anything to make me think that.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Six years ago when I lived in Livermore CA, I saw a UFO. My stepfather who at the time was a true skeptic was out on the back porch having a cigarette when he came running into the house, grabbed a pair of binoculars and ran back outside. I of course followed. As soon as I walked outside I could see what he had the binoculars focused on. It was metallic disk shaped object, likely 60 to 80 feet in diameter, less than one mile away. My step fathers statement as he handed me the binoculars was "That is one hell of a big baloon" I stared through the binoculars and a baloon it was not. There were no wrinkles or seams like you would expect of a disc baloon. It was structurally perfect, with not a seam to be seen. I handed the binoculas back to my stepfather who refocussed on the disk, as both of us watched it it simply dissapeared. "My stepfathers comments were "wow, its gone, I wonder if somebody shot it?" I grabbed the binocualrs and scanned the sky, the object had not dissapeared but had instantaneously moved south about 15 miles over the town of Pleasanton CA. I handed back the binoculars so he could confirm it was the same object. We both stared at it for another three minutes before it "dissapeared" again. His only words as he walked back into the house was "that couldn't have been one of ours". I have always been a believer and likely always will. I have seen several sinse then in many different states. My stepfather died the following year. Even if the government had come out with full disclosure he still would have been a skeptic, but he believed his own eyes. I miss him, and I'm glad he was able to witness this, especially with me in his lifetime. The fact is, with the mistrust in the government, and the true skeptics, no whistle blowers will ever make a difference. People will have to have hard proof in their hands or before their eyes before they are about to believe.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamwalker74

Damn right

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
There have been many UFO 'leaks' over the last 60 years, and none of it has gone anywhere because the public is so well conditioned to refuse the idea. It's simply not worth risking your life and career over something which is so quickly shouted down by common people who are desperate to declare it fake.

There's also the possibilities anyone 'in the know' these days is aware of the extent to which everything is monitored and know they can't truly get away with it, they've been made exorbitant promises for keeping it secret, or they simply like the childish thrill of knowing something few others do. They very well could be psychologically testing people before they tell them anything these days, to ensure they're selfish to the core and not bothered with such things as altruism.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Maybe wikileaks is just afraid of loosing credibility, i mean lets face it the topic of UFO's in the mainstream media is still quite taboo, moreso than warcrimes etc, so it might just be easier for wikileaks to stay away from the topic.

Julian Assange is highly respected amongst many journalists internationally, maybe he is afraid of loosing credibility if he were to go near the UFO topic at all, or maybe he is just a non believer himself, or maybe he knows but does not feel it right to let the general public know yet ( he does get the final say on whatever wikileaks makes public knowledge ) or maybe they have nothing to release that can not be disputed or ridiculed.

There could be many reasons as to why no mention of UFO's from wikileaks.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I think it's a mixture of 2 things.... Fear and ridicule.
Fearful of their reputation, career prospects, breaking confidentiality contracts and so on... and in some cases fear for their lives and the lives of their families.

Ridicule for much the same reasons really.... UFO's have never been the "coolest" or most "acceptable" thing to involve yourself in.... especially if you have some sort of professional reputation.

I don't think many people find the idea of coming forward and exposing what they know, particularly appealing.

It's a very interesting question and It's a head scratcher man.....

Where are they?

Not quite UFO's but look at David Icke.... Went from sports presenter on British TV to absolute outcast....

Not a fan of his but have to say, fair play to him.

I like how he went back on Wogan 20 years after his initial appearance....and kinda did pretty well.... he actually said some good stuff.

[edit on 22/6/10 by blupblup]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join