It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Texas GOP Wants To Punish Straight People Who Support Gay Rights?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
all this BS legislation being pushed in the name of religion needs to stop. I passionately hate the GOP and its supporters because being Christian has no place in politics.

It's absolutely ridiculous that we're basically going through civil and women's rights all over again, waiting for a well established demographic to be accepted as people. I want to pull my hair out screaming because this makes me so mad. It's unreasonable beyond any patience I have for it.

what's even worse is the republican move of grouping things that would hurt the nation with gay rights legislation. This crap forced obama to not abandon "Don't Ask, Don't Tell", one of the biggest testimonies to human ignorance.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Let's not overgeneralize here: no party or movement is totally homogeneous.

First: This is simply a cynical attempt at pandering to some real whackjobs. I don't believe for one hot second this represents the majority of Texans - I've known too many of them, mostly veterans, and they just want the Govt. to leave them the heck alone, just like most of us do.

Second: Ditto the above for most Republicans, certainly this moderate one.

Third: Knowing a lot of veterans who are Texans, and a few gay and lesbian Texans too, some who are both vets and GLBT, if this craziness ever was to pass, the Texas legislature & Perry would find out something about the exercise of the one thing all of my friends agree on:

The Second Amendment.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join