It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TX GOP platform: Re-criminalize sodomy, make gay marriage a felony

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Kinky Friedman is a "Bush" boy.

Like I said, WE HAVE few choices.

We, the free thinkers, don't get a break here on ATS. For a website that is supposed to be intelligent, it is the same old same old.

I hate to say it.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by Stewie

Texans aren't dumb, and they are not likely to be following YOUR advice, because they may have noticed...

I'm a born and bred Texan but for Texans to vote in Pretty Boy Rick Perry when they could have had Kinky Friedman in Austin.... That ain't Dumb?

How's Rick workin out for ya!!

[edit on 22-6-2010 by whaaa]

Go out there and start a lumber/crucifix Business

Maybe a gay police, not gay police but A Gay Police, privatized in accordance with thee word of Ron.

Sunday sink/float tribunals at town lake + BBQ + live music = I'M THERE!!!

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I voted for Kinky.

Perry is worse than George W (as governor). Seriously. He is the most intrusive governor in the history of the state. A lot of people in Texas just vote for people labeled as Republican because their preacher tells them to.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

Same for the dems there.

Either that, or someone in the family knows them or knows a friend of a friend that knows them.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stewie
reply to post by whaaa

Kinky Friedman is a "Bush" boy.

Like I said, WE HAVE few choices.

We, the free thinkers, don't get a break here on ATS. For a website that is supposed to be intelligent, it is the same old same old.

I hate to say it.

Kinky is "Bush" boy? www.burntorangereport.com...

I don't think you are a Texan at all to make a foolish statement like that.
You sound like perhaps you're from Connecticut; like that other Texan wanna be, George W. Bush.

Free thinkers don't get a break?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Link

Link

Friedman is friends with Bill Clinton and George W. Bush, and he has visited both at the White House. He wrote about his friendships with them in his November 2001 column ("Hail to the Kinkster")[11] for Texas Monthly.

I like where he stands on most issues, but what he says right there is a bit disturbing, no?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by argentus

Oh man, i read that "natural man and natural woman" part and laughed. Does that mean no plastic surgery in Texas?

Actually if you read the Sumerian tablets, we were created to procreate.....

Just food for thought.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Isn't sodomy already illegal? If so.. all they are saying is this law needs to be enforced. Nothing wrong with that as long as this law stands and is valid.

It's the people who do not want to enforce the laws you have to look out for.

Listen Up.

Lots of people here are calling these Texans morons.. But back in the 50's and 60's America was Proud to be a Nation Under God and applauded God given values of high morals and decency.

This type of Law would be the Expected thing to do nation wide.

I look at the ATS post and the majority of people oppose this law. That is backward from how it used to be.

So.. Er.. What changed? Did the values and Principles Our Nation was founded on change? Or did the people change?

I submit that the people changed. There is no morals and values in this country any longer. Many posts on ATS and other deep discussion forums are a shining reflection of that.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I would like to take a moment here to encourage all gay texans to SHOOT the idiots who try to pass such nutty crap and show that tyranny of all forms will NOT be tolerated. Next we just need stoners shooting police when attempting to take their property and a clear message will be sent. No more lunacy. Insane laws should be met with sane guns.

That's right, I'm a nutty libertarian that believes people should be left alone.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by SmokeandShadow]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I'm a little surpised I didn't see this already but according to Lawrence v. Texas, sodomy laws have already been struck down in the U.S. Supreme Court. I imagine they'll attempt to ban abortions too.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

TX GOP platform: Re-criminalize sodomy, make gay marriage a felony

rawstory.com

Texas Republicans are a conservative lot. Still, it's difficult to imagine mainstream GOP voters demanding their neighbors be jailed for engaging in a little hanky-panky behind closed doors.

Nevertheless, the state's Republican party has voted on a platform [PDF link] by which their candidates will stand, and it includes the reinstatement of laws banning sodomy: otherwise known as oral and anal sex.

The party's platform also seeks to make gay marriage a felony offense, which may be confusing to most given that the state does not sanction or recognize same sex marriages, meaning any su
(visit the link for the full news article)

Wow, how pathetic are the TX-GOP. Funny stuff is they are most likely the ones that are partaking in the sodomy which they so "Boldy" stand against.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
This is real simple. You can't tell people how not to behave in their own homes. And gay marriage shouldn't be a felony, though I do agree with the idea of banning it.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Yes,
he ran as a Democrat, effectively splitting the party and insuring a Republican win.
and known to party with the Bushes.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

Regarding several comments, with Carter I actually felt sorry for him. Along with Eisenhower, I think he was the smartest president of many decades, Carter being a nuclear engineer for the Navy was unquestionably very bright. My Dad was drafted into the Army in 1940, before he was married, and they sent him to Princeton. Quite unusual indeed. I mention this subject, because I had a relationship with my Dad, who died on June 10th, thats unusual because of the abilities we each have. I have an IQ of 168, His close to 182. He was almost pathologically strict. I could deal with the physical stuff, when I was about I found I think of another location, its objects, even smells temperature, and bring that to me creating a third reality. And no '___'. But I don't take mind candy for medical procedures, my response is always, 'I WANT MORPHINE!!! I'll be honest, it makes me feel good, and goddammit!! I'm entitled! But the one thing I couldn't stand was his sadistic streak. At IQ182,thats a lot of raw material to spread in a very dark place. Sorry about this, I do talk about personal stuff all the time, but not this.There are people Who know and can identity me and who this is the "Toxic Waste" of my "Conditioned-Adapted, Archetype of my Personality" Or you cou could try the less accurate, but less BS sounding version: Take a horrible events memory, and in your mind be there now, you feel it, but your not in pain, you being laughed at, called names but your not humiliated. "Where are you now?" "At the center of the universe" "What is the universe"? "What I wish" "Where can you go?" "Everywhere" "Where do you go?" "Anywhere, but here" "What is your name?" "Here is aware, everywhere. If needed, wash, rinse, repeat...Maybe 2,500 of this kind of thing over the years and it helps when it seems the universe just will not play well with others, and won't even take my calls, and all I've done for her...

Back to our main feature, I'm embarrassed I can't recall the details of Carters energy policy. I believe we blew it major league after the 1973 Arab oil embargo. I was thinking alternative energy then, silicon cells could be polymerized, and made as flexible sheets. They were but it took twenty years. In 1973 I had a number of Epiphany's (today its called a Prozac moment) on events then and specific areas affected had an impact on my future career. My first worry was the Mideast war would not stay there. Only much later was it revealed publicly it was much more dangerous then realized. Nixon had Watergate issues, and that was causing real drinking issues. Brezhnev was angry and not getting feedback, He thought Nixon was ducking him I don't know if it was the hotline (then actually a teletype, they thought voice communication could be "misinterpreted") like Nixon belting out "sweet Adaline". I just had a thought, if Nixon had gone for the Everclear instead of of the good stuff, this visual feast might not be taking place. Bottom line is whatever the type of energy, if its not on our territory , we got to get and protect it. That system is inherently unsustainable, its the system getting the oil, its will fail. The probability of this system failure is 100% The calculations are not anti-intuitive because I use time as a variable in its rate, perceived effects, and other factors. Look at this way time, time seems to move at different rates at different situations. Of course it doesn't, but stop rejecting half of perceptions, and things start look most interesting. Get back to you.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

What an interesting response to a Thread about sodomy and gay marriage.

I don't have an IQ of 168 so perhaps a little clarification would be in order unless that was just a stream of conscientiousness rant; then I understand.

Thanks
whaaa

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
Isn't sodomy already illegal? If so.. all they are saying is this law needs to be enforced. Nothing wrong with that as long as this law stands and is valid.

It's the people who do not want to enforce the laws you have to look out for.

Listen Up.

Lots of people here are calling these Texans morons.. But back in the 50's and 60's America was Proud to be a Nation Under God and applauded God given values of high morals and decency.

This type of Law would be the Expected thing to do nation wide.

I look at the ATS post and the majority of people oppose this law. That is backward from how it used to be.

So.. Er.. What changed? Did the values and Principles Our Nation was founded on change? Or did the people change?

I submit that the people changed. There is no morals and values in this country any longer. Many posts on ATS and other deep discussion forums are a shining reflection of that.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

I'd have to disagree with you there. That is what I believe to be progress. Bigotry I.E Women can't vote, slavery and Gays not having rights are things we need to leave dead in the past and teach our children well about so it doesn't ever peer it's ugly face in society again.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

What an interesting response to a Thread about sodomy and gay marriage.

I don't have an IQ of 168 so perhaps a little clarification would be in order unless that was just a stream of conscientiousness rant; then I understand.

Thanks
whaaa

For me many emotional moments now, it was a rant...I just buried the SOB, going through stuff. If you read my original response thats more along the lines of what my views are on this subject. Sodomy was not the main point, but an example of what I see as bigotry justified by religion, its inter-room boarder control, like companies that tell employee's what they can do in their own home, like smoke. I would be encouraged if such people only thought they could do better.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Might be a good time to review...

Top Five Republican Gay Sex Scandals
www.badmouth.net...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

When my father was drafted (flatfooted, 2 kids, and thought he was above the age to be drafted) for WW2, the Army found out he made a great sniper. Your father's time at Princeton back then must have been very interesting. Sorry to hear about having to deal with his recent death. Do all you can to take care of yourself.

Since this is a conspiracy forum, I will interject here something I heard a couple months ago on the Thom Hartmann show, that the CIA was responsible for propaganda about Carter leading to his downfall. Someone else here might be able to supply the details I can't remember from the show (I was listening to it while riding on a windy mountain road, hoping to be distracted enough to avoid car sickness...seemed to have worked.)

But here is something interesting

Carter's speech drew a strong reaction from the Saudis and the oil industry. Think tanks soon emerged - many whose names are today familiar - to suggest there was really no energy problem, and they led the charge to establish a permanent right-wing media in the US. Within two years, Saudi citizen and oil baron Salem bin Laden's sole US representative, James Bath, would funnel cash into the failing business of the son of the CIA's former director, political up-and-comer George H. W. Bush. With that money from the representative of Osama Bin Laden's half-brother, George Bush Jr. was able to keep afloat his Arbusto ("shrub" in Spanish) Oil Company. And he would be in the pocket of the bin Laden and Saudi interests for the rest of his life. But Carter was incorruptible.

source

Interesting about the type of de facto national religion promoted after Carter. It was a type of religion built around exclusivity, you are either saved or not ("You're either with us or against us!" as George Bush was fond of saying.), you are either one of the chosen who will go on to a heavenly reward or you will go to hell, you'll be either raised up in the Rapture or stuck on Earth, you're moral like us or immoral. To be fair, the world quite filled up with this type of religious view, no matter what religion. Black and white, authoritarian, too.

The onward march of corporate influence into the government broke into a "Charge!". Until we have today's corporatism. The ensuing pitfalls of allowing the above now dwarf the old social wedge issues (meant to divide and conquer), to where this attempt at re-criminalizing sodomy to galvanize voters is laughable, pathetically laughable. We should all turn towards Texas and laugh. But, then, the people that start this and buy into it are beyond embarrassment.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
This is what we get from todays politition, sometimes when i hear things like this i think our species are doomed. Sometimes they get in on the dumbest of platforms, and then they actually start running things. SCARY THOUGHTS.
ALL polititions , in my opinion are crooked to some extent, all people have sin and are guilty of something. We see that as a communal species, we start trying to classify people, then we move on to judging them.
Our greatest fault.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join