It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gen. McChrystal Called In to Explain His Anti-Administration Comments

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Originally posted by ABNARTY
reply to post by antonia

Indeed he was in the 101st in 03' in OIF I. However he will be working someways above whichever BDE is rotating in. I cannot see how he would have asked for the position since in effect it is a demotion for him.

It is not a demotion. He still has the same rank and the same pay, it's just a different position.

And more responsibilities, and more obligations.
and plenty of experience living up to neither.

fire the corporate mercinary companies, not the military.

Fire the Corporate Mercinaries and Not the Military!

XE (pronounced Z) and formerly known as Blackwater just got some new and extended government contracts this week, while still under investigation for many many violations of the Geneva Convention's requirements.

Requirements America helped put in place, and requirements that justify the prison in Cuba???

have you seen your leaders' sanity lately?

ughh, what the? and insert censored variable here...

Corporate Mercinaries and the lobbyists that put them there,
Fellowship Unification Coalition Knowledge
You Owe Unification,
ET

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I haven't read all 13 pages, so shoot me if this is already posted.

How do we know that the general did not try the appropriate channels first?

Maybe, just maybe, based on the generals previous accomplishment, he knew the only way to get any comments out was to sacrifice himself for his men.

He has said, and proven, that he is willing to fight for and die for his men.

And maybe, here's hoping, his comments will get some kind of investigation into how this war has been run, from the top down, from day one?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Indeed the same pay but a smaller command. He was the Commander of CENTCOM which is the Theater level command for the Middle East and Central Asia. McChrystal, as the Commander in A'stan(ISAF), was subordinate to him. So Petraeus will step down to ISAF and give up CENTCOM. In the Officer world this is going backwards since Petraeus already had punched this ticket in Iraq prior to 2008.

Instead of moving up McChrystal's Deputy or selecting a good fit for that 3 star billet, they moved a 4 star down to it. Forget pay, this is a demotion.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

As one who actually read the actual article I am amazed that most of the reports about the actual article distort what it actually says. General McChrystal, who I haven't liked for many reasons that I won't go into here, didn't say anything justifying burning the jet fuel to get him back to Washington, let alone to be "fired" (military speak for being reassigned). Now his staff was another story. I doubt General Petraus (sp?) will keep many of them around for very long.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood
Funny how when military brass spoke out about Bush/Cheney's ineptitude, the Right called the Traitors. Now, they call them heroes.

partisan funny, that.

Nah, what's funny is that moveon.org took down their BS "General Betray Us" ad since now their fearless leader needs him (Gen Petraeus).

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join