It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorrel Weed House...Interesting Photo

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by booda

eeeeeeeeeep! if my coffee wasn't working this morning, this sure did the trick. wise guy.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
sorry people - couldnt resist.....just checking the exif data and it was taken with a Nikon coolpix L16

Picture taken 14 June 2009 according to the exif data...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by booda

Correct!

CX

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
It just looks like a reflection to me, and to the right of that figure is the right hand side shoulder and arm of a smaller person, possibly a child with what looks like a short sleeved sports t-shirt on....possible with the Addidas three stripes on the shoulder and sleeve?

CX.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

In the larger photo it looks way more like curtains that a reflection...on it's surface. Aside from the oddness.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Ive ran it through a few filters in photoshop but cant make anything out of it....

do you have any other pictures of the same area..ie the basement that we can compare it to....

Cheers

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by booda

waiting for some to arrive via email...i'll post them on flickr when they get here. and thanks.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Thank you for posting the picture Lucidity. Really looks like a woman with her back turned to me, with old school pulled up hair. Three weeks ago, I went to Savannah GA for my first time, there is definitely energy in that whole city. A lovely place. Again, ty for the post.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sniknej

Welcome

The old-school hair is what kind of got me wondering. There was no one like that on the tour that we could remember. We looked through the photos for that particular hairstyle and style of dress and couldn't find anyone like that.

One of my first impressions when she showed me the photo was that the person was sort of off the ground...and the woman in the story is rumored to have hung herself or to have been hung.

Savannah is lovely. I wouldn't mind living there. I have two kids in school there so now we go there a lot more often. But I'm still not going there again! lol

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
It looks like she is in some sort of costume for a play, or maybe she was from the medieval times. it looks like her hair is pulled back from her face with some sort of gold headband or tie and she is wearing a cape or cloak with the hood down.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Hmmm... ok, haven't read the whole thread yet, just wanted to comment as soon as I saw the photo.

I clearly see a woman (youngish-looking) in the window, kind of semi-transparent I guess you'd call it.

I don't think it is simply an 'actual person' standing in the room because the positioning/height is all wrong - she seems too high up to be actually standing in there, and the angle doesn't look quite right anyway?

So... interesting if it's a real photo and not faked, but I get disappointed by so many apparent paranormal photos because I guess if someone has photoshop/whatever then they can do things like this and its a shame because it takes away credibility of the real thing.

So... OP I'm not saying you faked the photo or anything
just giving my opinion. I certainly think its interesting, thanks for posting it
but I just had to add my wee disclaimer in case it turns out not to be true

Edit to add - I've given your photo a wee blue star cos I like it

[edit on 22-6-2010 by tappy]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by booda

Rofl, that got me! Haha, very funny!

But, about the pic, it's hard to know, not much I can say about it, other than it looks pretty cool, and if it was faked, they did a good job.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by tappy

I can assure you it's not faked. It came straight off her camera to my PC via a card reader. I'm thinking (or it seems like) booda is an expert? He's looking at it but is waiting for more photos from the same time and place, which she is emailing me at any moment (she's back in Oregon now so still at work, I'm assuming). I'll post those and send him more when they arrive.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Savannah has an interesting history. I too saw some weird things while there! I remember reading that the grid od the city layout was supposed to encourage the supernatural. Anyway, next time I go for a visit, I'll try and check this place out as well. Thanks for posting.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
I can assure you it's not faked.

Well that's good enough for me
To be honest it doesn't scream 'fake' to me like some photos do. So good catch

Good if we have an expert here who can analyse it. I know zilch about photo data and stuff
I only know what I can see on the picture

It certainly sounds like an interesting place to visit though.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
This is the EVP Ghost Hunters caught at that house. It's sound only.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
You know, Ghost Hunters did their Halloween special in I believe it was 2008 and declared that this home was pretty high up there on their meters. Based on what I felt there, I believe it. It's built on top of the bodies of soldiers from a battle in the civil was that the owner/builder refused to have consecrated.

That would be a bit difficult as the house was finished somewhere between 1838 and 1840--depending on who you read, and the war was 1861 to 1865. So, I don't think there are any civil war soldiers buried under the house.
www.sorrelweedhouse.com...

I'm just not seeing anything in that picture.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Sorry...confused my wars. The house was built in 1840 on the sight of the second bloodiest battle in the American Revolutionary war.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Okay, booda...I added 5 more pics to Flickr and sent you the link in a U2U. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I think you captured a residual memory of a woman, early 1900's-1920's, standing on the street level, not inside of the building. The way she is facing- away from the window rather than facing it, and the height at which she is standing several feet above the floor, it is more likely that it is a reflection that the glass is "remembering" and "capturing" of a woman on the street.

Glass, Iron, Wood- these objects have energy imprinted in them and with a higher amount of energy= paranormal energy especially- these objects playback these energy imprints and thus we can see them a 100 years later!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join