It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Future Group - Have you heard of them?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Future Group - An Overview

Future Group - Freedom, Security, Privacy

Key Points:

· National police forces to cooperate and integrate

· Improve European-level crisis management

· Need to harness the talents of "different actors" in fighting terrorism

· National security services and intelligence agencies need to collaborate much more closely

· New EU internet-based propaganda campaign to defeat radicalisation and terrorist recruitment

· Create "European Gendarmerie Force" for deployment and intervention abroad. Pooling of EU funds for such missions

· Common EU immigration policies. By 2014, EU leaders should make the political decision on whether to enter a "Euro-Atlantic area of freedom, security, and justice" with the Americans

I had never heard of this group before but I can't help being suspicious of any 'secret' group that uses terms like 'Freedom, Security, Privacy' as headings for their reports. I really cant find anything about this group apart from what has already been provided - secretive? Maybe. But one thing is for sure, they have not been given the attention they deserve by the media - which again is suspicious.

Maybe I'm just overreacting but this seems like another EU think tank that wishes to reduce our freedoms and basic human rights by increasing surveillance and terror laws.

Anyway, I thought they deserved a little more attention than they had already been getting.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Further looking brought me to this:

Meeting of the High-Level Advisory Group on the Future of European Home Affairs Policy took place in Brdo pri Kranju, Slovenia. The interior ministers of the current and upcoming trio presidency, one minister of the subsequent trio presidency from early 2010 to June 2011, Vice-President of the European Commission Jacques Barrot, and representatives of the General Secretariat of the EU Council discussed the future of asylum policy, integration and police cooperation.

The discussion of the second topic – integration – started with an introductory speech by Günther Platter, Austrian Federal Minister of the Interior, who pointed out that cultural diversity, while enriching both the Member States and the Community, represents a challenge as regards the creation of general common rules and values of co-existence. Understanding and accepting the values of the Member States and the EU are essential elements of effective integration. - soderkoping.org.ua...

Once again, I don't really understand what this groups purpose is. Does anybody have any information regarding them?

join