It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the water temperature rising in the Gulf?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Somebody mentioned 200 degrees celcius as the oil temperature exiting the BOP.

Water down there is probably below 0 normally.

I would be convinced that massive heating of the Gulf is happening right now.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
It seems pretty unlikely to me that the oil is having any significant impact on water temperatures. Its simply summer, and the water temperatures are rising as they always do. But the temperatures are higher than normal, someone will say. My response: so what. 'Normal' is just an average, and it logically follows that they've been higher than average many times before in the past, for completely natural reasons.

Now I'm not saying that its definitely not responsible, but that its fallacy to automatically assume that the oil is the cause, especially when we know that oceanic surface temperatures can and do deviate from averages for natural reasons.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Apparently this thread was started before it's time. It seems that a few other sites are starting to mention this too.

Here's what Kindra has to say about it's possible effects. Could she be right? I dunno. Sixty days? Hmmm.

Where do these statistics concerning the heighth of tsunami waters come from? I just don't see even 80 feet of water wiping out the coastlines as tsunamis would usually roll in gradually. Maybe someone can explain.

Also, if the GoM is heating up, the only effect I am seeing is that we are actually having cooler days that are overcast. It has been raining just about every day and the air is cooler. Usually before the rain the humidity is high.

Is she being fed alarming misinformation concerning these possibilities? Why do we not hear anything about this from meteorologists? Why does this disasterous info only seem to be verified by websites that promote a religious agenda?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I found something about elevated sea temperature and made a thread here about here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

Thank you for the link and posting that information. I consider that explanation more reputable than the fear-mongering sites. Looks like we really have nothing out of the ordinary to be concerned about.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join