It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Farmers Fury at Crop Circle

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   

'I have this morning noticed the circle on land that I manage. 'I do not support this vandalism, and demand that this circle, and the location are not reported on your website. 'We will be posting notices on the field stating we do not allow access to the circle, and will regularly monitor the field to ensure this is obeyed.' Mr Davies said he was concerned visitors could trample on his crops, destroying them in the process. He said: 'At this stage, the crop remains harvestable, and as a result, we will leave the circle intact. 'If visitors to the site ignore our notices, and continue to walk into the crop, we will mow out the circle. 'I will be taking advice from the local police, and legal advice from our solicitors to counter this act of vandalism. 'Please let the teams behind the circles know they are not welcome here. If we get anymore, we will be forced to mow them out to avoid the hassle. I thank you for your assistance.' Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I can see his point altho the crop circle is stunning it must be a pain in the neck when people turn up to view and inspect it and damage more crops in the process. In my opinion the crop circles are most certainly man made.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by On the level

If there are certainly man made in your opinoin, why are they in the alien and UFO forum?

Anyway... thats a stunning crop circle.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
i have to agree this one looks man made.

if you look at the design it looks like the segments where mapped out using the good old string method.

then the areas to be flattened where done after. and from the way the lights hitting it, they where not all flattened in the same direction.

leads me to belive. the brains of the opperation made the grid.

told people what areas to make flat and left them to it.

as the outer circle the crop is all flattened in the same direction.

but in the middle it looks like the crop is flattened from the inside out. you can see the "grain" or the flow of the crop.

much like when people mow their lawns then use a roller in different directions to make stripes on the lawn.

the grass pushed in different directions lets the light bounce off differently leaving the stripe effect.

most crop circles that are more likely made by UFO's don't normally display this affect. as the crop is all flattened the same direction.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Whilst I understand the Farmers ire, I find his approach highly......novel.

As far as I am aware, noone has caught anyone _actually_ in act making anything but the most basic crop circle examples.

I for one would love to see him find who is doing them´

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Maybe that is why there are few crop circles in the US.

To many farmers here would shoot first and ask question later.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnyc55

Actually most have been moved to the Skunk Works Forum lately.

Which is where they belong.

[edit on 22/6/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Is one field of research, pardon the pun
, that I am fully confident is man made. Aliens that are technologically advanced enough for stellar travel would not communicate with us by bending straw in a field in the middle of nowhere.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
OK how hard can it be to go out to wiltshire find the most abused field
set up a load of night vision cameras when the crop is in the circle
season and let them roll.time lapse em they run for months.
catch em in the act!
that would settle the croppie crowd no? or...
just pop into the local pubs up near Stonehenge, crop circle time and
it wont take you long to find most of the hoaxers.Danny Dyer proved
that in "i believe in UFOs" on ch4 maybe? not sure but on TV.

even if some geek out at Los alamos in some lab is using some
huge microwave satellite weapon to amuse him/herself then there
still man made in my opinion.

i am a fan i get the calendar every year since they bought it out.
never under estimate humans ingenuity.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
if its on the farmers land...he doesnt have to ask anyone for permission to get rid of these hoaxed crop circles.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
How could anyone do something like this overnight without getting caught? I am assuming it is done at night as the Farmer would more than likely catch the perps. And how do you flatten all of those crops? The job seems too big to be done by people. I'm not going to argue with the experts; but a few questions tug on me about this.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlSayr
How could anyone do something like this overnight without getting caught?

Farmers sleep at night I think.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
This crop circle looks a lot like the one in this forum:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is a crop circle that someone was trying to "decode." Maybe this one can be decoded?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnyc55
reply to post by On the level

If there are certainly man made in your opinoin, why are they in the alien and UFO forum?

Anyway... thats a stunning crop circle.

Most of the crop circles in Wiltshire are man made. I live in Wiltshire (about 6 miles from Avebury) and according to my father down his local pub its common knowledge that this is the case. Apparently crop circles are 'quite a little earner' for both the creators and the farmers whose land it 'appears' on. My father is actually under orders not to discuss man made crop circles when tourists are in the pub, obviously to ensure this little earner continues (tourism is a serious business in this neck of the woods it seems).

However the farmer in the OP obviously wasnt in on this 'freelance' effort and i can understand why he's so p*ssed off. Farmers really do have a hard time and do work very very hard and very very long hours, beautiful as it is its still vandalism

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jericanman
i have to agree this one looks man made.

What else could have, man? Come on, really now. Was it bunny rabbits? Field mice? Did the cows sneak out of the barn that night and do that?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
--Originally posted by AlSayr
--How could anyone do something like this overnight without getting caught?

-Farmers sleep at night I think.

I understand that. I guess what amazes me is something like this can be done at night in the dark? Seems like a huge undertaking. Do they have silent steam rollers working away. Last time I checked, corn hurts when removing tassels and such.

AlSayr

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
This new crop circle kind of reminds me of the 'fish-eye' view of Stonehenge but with what looks like the sun shining directly above in the centre.
Just an observation

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e8807459e42f.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dcb26eacda30.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by redize

Dont say stonehenge that will send all the nutters off again about Dr Who predicting that the world will end on Saturday

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Aliens that are technologically advanced enough for stellar travel would not communicate with us by bending straw in a field in the middle of nowhere.

Now I am in absolutley no position to side one way or the other concerning crop circles and their origins.

I will say however, we ( the Earth ) sent out a space craft with a record album on it.

Now lets say a race of vi-litites find a record from a crashed probe and decide there is no way a space fairing race would ever put a message on an LP.

We have ELF, digital EVERYTHING and yet we as a race STILL use morris code sometimes.

All I am saying is we can't judge a race ( if there is one to judge ) without knowing that race.

See what I mean?

Dorian Soran

[edit on 22-6-2010 by Dorian Soran]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Aliens that are technologically advanced enough for stellar travel would not communicate with us by bending straw in a field in the middle of nowhere.

What a barren imagination you have if man-made and alien are all the options you can come up.

Another thing to ponder. The entire crop circle scene seems to assume that it is some entity trying to communicate with "us", whichever "us" they may belong to.

Noone ever seems to assume that the intended recipients understand them just fine.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join