It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my prediction for today in the uk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
hello all

well today is the day of the UKs budget there has been a lot of talk and rumbelings

about this budget since the torys came into power.

there is going to be a lot of cuts in public sector jobs eg, hospitals , schools , local counsels / goverment, v,a,t maybe going up maybe even cuts in welfare for the poorist
people of the uk. and lots of other crap

so my prediction for today is that the uk is not going to be a very happy place after all the crap hits the fan quite an easy one to predict LOL

and maybe we should keep an eye out for a false flag because they are going to have to do something to take our minds of what they are doing today

any one else have any thought of what is going to happen today

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
My thoughts?

Thank God Labour have gone.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by stoo82]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I find politics and money far too complicated for my wee brain but I think hurting people in the purse where most of us hurt already is not the way to go. There are many many fatter wallets that 'shouldn't' miss a few bob.

As well as calling most people in authority a "nit" when he was alive, my grandad used to yell "it's the bloody system that's wrong, change the system". I think he was right.

There are too many people sitting on their arses in their expensive suits doing very little and earning millions. Cut their money first.

There are too many foreigners over here taking up all the jobs, dole money, housing, and sending child benefits 'back home' to their kids. Get rid.

Councils have too much power and are wasting millions, get them sorted by reminding them who they're supposed to be serving.

How many billions have I saved so far?

If the government could solve those problems first then start cutting at the top of the tree then not too many people should be hard hit. But if they go about it in the way I think they will, then my conspiracy head thinks this is just another way to tighten that controlling grip round the neck of the man in the street.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Hi digby, I really don't think any false flag would be needed today. Not when everyone is focused on the football. There's even the added bonus of Andy Murray playing at Wimbledon today. Maybe when the world cup is over there might be some need for a planned distraction, or maybe most people are just so apathetic there's no need.

stoo88, surely you're not fooled by the illusion that our political parties are genuinely opposed to each other. It's all a show to make us feel like we have a democracy. I'm afraid it's a case of different party, same sh1 t #e.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by DrHammondStoat]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Well i predict extreme hardship and a rise in unemployment because of these cuts. Fingers crossed it's more the public sector (useless) upper management that takes the hit rather than the average people at the bottom of the pyramid. In Scotland we're something like nearly 30% PS employed and the unemployment rate is rising but the hiring index is falling. Which equals bad bad times ahead.

I can see that cost cutting is needed, so maybe they should get rid of the public private partnerships and concentrate on providing well managed services rather than looking for profits for private companies. Don't even start me on how the building corporations are running bidding syndicates to rip off the public sector, which they stupidly pay out to. Or the fact they commonly use over-rated and over-paid consultants rather than hire or promote internally.

Hopefully southern/middle England is regretting voting in the Tories by the end of today. The middle class will probably be the ones to loose out most.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I remember the last time the tories were in, it was horrible as my dad was a miner during the strike, we had to rely on soup kitchens and food parcels from german miners sympathising with us, cutting down trees for fuel for the fire, and very miserable parents and just a miserable time all round.

I think it`s going to be worse this time round, but you know, at the same time, I can see the torie`s new reign of power reigniting a community spirit in the working classes, you know, looking out for one another, sparing a bit milk or bread for neighbours, that kind of thing.
Also, it`s very likely there will be a new youth music movement if things get bad or worse than in the 80s, I mean last time it got so bad, the kids decided to kick in the doors of warehouses and dance to acid house, it didn`t matter about the state the tories had got the country into, the kids had rave!!!!

So, it`ll no doubt be tough, but I bet it`ll be a time to remember.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
IF there is no new wealth creation (new jobs/industry) within this budget then I predict a very restless population, and if we continue down that path of not creating new wealth, then deep dissent will follow.

If they are cutting jobs in the public sector then to even maintain the taxable base we have now will require an equal number of new jobs in the private sector, and that is simply not happening.

I personally think we are circling the drain at the moment, and if they do not do something drastic/radical to get people back to work creating the wealth we need to repay the debts they have incurred then we are stuffed.

Our Economy = Water-boarding for the masses.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Well up to now the UK for some reason has not been hit like Greece and yet our debt is just as bad so it's as if the markets are waiting for the kill.

Do we now have the lowest base rate in the world at 0.5% and if we are doing so well then why is it so low.

I don't like the conservatives no more than labour and all they will do is sell off everything to friends at knock down prices so they own real assets ready for the day the economy hits meltdown.

Have we now got more state workers than Russia had and won't it be nice to see so many little hittlers out of a job so they leave us alone.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
The rich will be able to afford whats coming ...the poor will be smashed hard as usual...

if you happen to have lost your job in the past few years David Cameron now calls you a welfare scrounger....

bet the MPs will still be able fiddle the expenses system for their free plasma TVs etc all at the expense of the taxpayer

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Personally i find it interesting that you pose this question today when i just finished reading about operation BlackjacK which is due in the UK tomorrow, very coincidental.... or not?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Here's the macro-pic for the western world in general: TPTB used the "austerity" scam to suck all the value out of the third world and make it a generally more miserable place over the last 30 years or so. Now the've decided that as long as they build bigger walls around their own gated communities and chalets, they might as well unleash the beast in their own back yard. The picture isn't pretty for anyone.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
One of the biggest costs to the taxpayer over the last couple of decades has been the government and councils outsourcing services to the private sector.
Inevitably, costs went up while quality of services went down sharply, something I have seen first hand many times.
What it did provide though was opportunities for council bosses to award contracts to their business buddies over a beer at the lodge bar.
Add to this the huge expansion of local councils, with all the new laws and regulations requiring new departments - gay and lesbian groups, ethnic and diversity groups, green initiative groups, wheelie bin enforcement and monitoring etc....etc.... All headed up by someone at director level with a full staff and new plush offices. We used to get by without all these costly and useless departments that add nothing to society sure do spend a lot!

So, trimming down local and national government is a great way to start and maybe even start taking contracts for services back in-house, where they can be monitored better and people actually held accountable for bad or shoddy work. Get rid of all the useless departments and replace them with ones that actually provide a NEEDED service - everything else can go.

Sure, it'll cost jobs, but the taxpayer cannot continue funding government expansion simply to creat jobs. The ONLY way to create jobs, and thus recovery, is to have a manufacturing base and subsequent trade that it brings.

Any private services, such a transport, that receives goverment subsidy should be renationalised. After all, why should the public sector prop up a private business?

The possibilities for improvement are endless, it just needs people with a bit of common sense, vision and the nuts to do it.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Great post! +star

The biggest package of tax increases and spending cuts in a generation will be "tough but fair", George Osborne will tell MPs.

...from todays article on the BBC website.

There has been widespread speculation that Mr Osborne will increase VAT to 20% - potentially raising £12bn a year - but according to the Financial Times any increase will be introduced in stages.

Labour will argue that a VAT increase will hit the poorest people in our society the hardest - pensioners, the unemployed and those who do not pay income tax at all.

The usual tit for tat rubbish.

I try to stay optimistic about politics but I honestly can't remember a single time in my life where we've got real good news.

Lots of good responses in this thread too!

[edit on 22-6-2010 by Dookzor]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dookzor
I try to stay optimistic about politics but I honestly can't remember a single time in my life where we've got real good news.

Yep the uk gov is about destroying you, thats what they do to many a people.

Why do you people even care anymore?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by digby888
my prediction for today is that the uk is not going to be a very happy place after all the crap hits the fan quite an easy one to predict LOL

and maybe we should keep an eye out for a false flag because they are going to have to do something to take our minds of what they are doing today

any one else have any thought of what is going to happen today

I'd be more concerned at what may happen tomorrow afternoon in the Slovenia match come the final whistle.

Frustration at today's budget tax-hikes and welfare/services cuts+booze+hot weather+England losing=???

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Here is a newspaper article that will add fuel to the fire:-

"I never imagined the town hall nazis would go quite so mad"

By Richard Littlejohn,
mail online, dated 29/3/2010.

sand castle inspectors indeed. make sure you are sitting down, have a cup of tea/coffee, and fag if you smoke, I have printed it off and sent it to that nice Mr Clegg, Mr Osborne is going to get a copy as well.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by timski
I'd be more concerned at what may happen tomorrow afternoon in the Slovenia match come the final whistle.

Frustration at today's budget tax-hikes and welfare/services cuts+booze+hot weather+England losing=???

I can see this happening but it could go the other way and England win, causing the general population to go out and get boozed up en masse, completely forgetting the absolutely abysmal budget... If any of them noticed in the first place.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
This monstrous multi-headed government is focused on destroying ME!

Of course i count myself amongst the poorest of the population.

I hate those damn conservatives as much as the lib dems who sold their souls! Bunch of detached public school bastards concerned more with high society hobnobbing and helping out their buddies than righting the wrongs in the world!

Jesus CHRIST!

I'm so angry and this heat is just making my mood worse!

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
The number 6 signifies imperfection, something not normal, monsterous.

Revelation 13:18
This requries wisdom. Let him that has understanding calculate the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is six hundred and sixty-six

Here the number 6 is emphasized to a third degree, namely, 6 plus 60 plus 600.

Three sixes in a row are meaningful according to bible verse because in the bible three is used to denote emphasis and indcates intensity as well.

So the number 666 means emphatic gross intensity on mans part towards his ability to rule himself in imperfection. Thats where the beast comes in just like the eagel and the bear represent political powers, so does this beast. But it represents ALL forms of governments that man has control over.

Basically the bottom line is the 666 on the beast means ALL of mans governments that have existed and will exist are pathetic and imperfect to the highest degree from God's perspective.

[edit on 24-7-2007 by Blue_Jay33]

[edit on 22-6-2010 by surrender_dorothy]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Like Robin Hood in reverse.

Lets make everyone poorer to pay for the bankers! Hurrah!

new topics

top topics

join