It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House mocks BP CEO's yacht race, defends Obama golf

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
The Obama administration apparently thinks it's OK for Barry-O to take another of his countless abdications of duty, but that doesn't apply to other people:

WASHINGTON — A White House spokesman mocked BP's chief executive Monday for attending a luxury yacht race despite the oil spill disaster in the Gulf of Mexico, but then defended President Barack Obama's own weekend golf game.

Tony Hayward, the British energy giant's embattled chief, drew fire from the White House over the weekend for having gone to the yacht race Saturday off the Isle of Wight.

White House spokesman Bill Burton took him to task again on Monday, suggesting that Hayward take part in the cleanup operations in the Gulf of Mexico with the 300,000 euro yacht he co-owns.

"You know, look, if Tony Hayward wants to put a skimmer on that yacht and bring it down to the Gulf, we'd be happy to have his help," Burton said to laughter in the White House briefing room.

But...but...didn't Barry take a 4 hour golf break on Father's Day? Or is Mr. Hayward not entitled to the same day for a break?

But when asked about Obama's day Saturday, in particular his four hour golf game at a course near Washington, Burton said the president had the right to decompress a bit after a hard week.

"I don't think that there's a person in this country that doesn't think that their president ought to have a little time to clear his mind," Burton said.

"I think that a little time to himself on Father's Day weekend probably does us all good as American citizens," he said.

Believe me, *any time* that Obama stays away from the WH is good for America. The less time he is there, the less damage he can do to the nation.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I would agree with you on that. "Everyday congress meets we lose alittle bit of are libertys" This holds true for the past few years.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
A hard week of what? sitting on his thumb and presidential tickle fights?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
So he can spend more time with his criminal banker buddies at UBS.

Obama is just the new fresh black face of the global criminal gangsters that have taken over the US government.

And in some ways he is worse than Bush.

Thomas Drake who exposed the Billions wasted by the NSA on faulty & nonexistent computer systems is being charged.
Drake was protecting US taxpayers from the vile treasonous rot at the NSA.

The same way Birkenfeld from UBS was treated.

Kagan is just there to help create an even more secretive, conspiratorial executive branch.

I can see how one might have thought Obama was better than irrational old McInsane & the psychobabble bimbo barbie,

but i still voted for Nader after Obama broke his FISA promise even before the election.

BTW, where is that renegotiation of NAFTA anyway.

Obama is a beautiful smooth liar.

top topics

join