It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BOYCOTT: American Job Exporters!! The List

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I did a search and did not see a list in ATS of all the companies who have exported american jobs over seas. I think not only should people boycott these companies but they should tell them they're being boycotted and why. Here's the List:

Don't Let Them Take The Food From Your Childrens Mouths!

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I thank you for providing us with that information, and Lou Dobbs for compiling it.

Lou Dobbs, is it correct that you have encouraged, in your Lou Dobbs Money Letter, investment in companies such as Boeing, General Electric, and Washington Mutual which are all on your list of companies that are "Exporting America"? For shame!!!

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
how cares... what is the problem with having "american" companies over the world.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by frozen_snowman
how cares... what is the problem with having "american" companies over the world.

The problem is that the companies are closing their doors in America and going overseas to cheaper labor causing many in America to be jobless and the flow of jobs going overseas is not ending. another problem is this they are making their products cheaper because of the cheap labor but they are intending to sell those products to Americans at the same high price but since Americans will not have jobs with high pay the products will go unsold and eventually the companies will have to shut down they are essentially shooting themselves in the foot for a quick high profit that will not last since the market for their products will cease to exist when Americans can no longer buy them.

df1

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 02:24 AM
link   
It seems we need is a list of alternative companies that provide equivalent products and keep their jobs at home.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Hate to break it to you guys, but General Electric isnt an American cooperation.

And notice this list basically includes every friggin company that is American?

The key here is simply to buy foreign. More Japanese cars are made in America than American cars. So, my advice would to be, if nothing else, buy from foreign companies, from non American companies. Even if they aint employing Americans, the point is is to vengefulkly hurt the American companies that are sending our jobs overseas. Id rather support foreign companies than traitor cooperations anyday.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Skadi_the_Evil_Elf,

Yep, It's not so simple anymore.
It's hard to even define what it means to Export a job.
A retailer, may just buy products from overseas, instead of buying them
from Maine, or Ohio, or whatever..

No Jobs were actually Exported.. Just a change in suppliers..

I suppose you could read the label, "made in China" etc..
But the more complicated products, such as cars, or computers, could
have been made in 25-30 different countries, then assembled in Mexico!

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1
It seems we need is a list of alternative companies that provide equivalent products and keep their jobs at home.

The list of companies NOT exporting jobs would probably be very short indeed.(NOT FUNNY)
Now, who is to compile said list? What is a reasonable counter action? Is it already too late?

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
That's simply an effect of Globalisation and a problem of all western countries. Basically there are pro's and con's like cheaper goods but higher unemployment in your homeland.

This effect will neutralise within 30 to 60 years. Okay okay...that's quite a long time scale but within that time the...let's call them 2nd world and partly 3rd world countries will develop better and better which will lead to a rise in labor costs even in those countries.
Either those big companies will move on to africa or go back to their homelands(which is what I assume as Africa is just bad all in all).

Who's fault is job export?
All the top managers. They were born in rich families, study until 3x and get a good job from the start off without having seen anything that's importan in life. So they turn 50 and already have key positions but absolutly no life experience. So...tough decissions needed from them..the financials need to look good for the stock market to buy our stocks...export of labor...rise in profit.
Everlasting circle.

Who suffers? Everybody who isn't within the upper 10%

[edit on 13-6-2004 by shoo]

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by shoo
born in rich families, study until 3x and get a good job from the start off without having seen anything that's importan in life. ... absolutly no life experience

What is life experience? Maybe we should get a bunch of hobos and bombed-out Shi'ites to make all the business decisions. I mean really, all that fancy book-learning has no place in complex decision-making. These managerial types must think that pursuing an education instead of entering the paid work force makes them worthy of some kind of reward or something. It's not like they have to work for their grades, they probably bribe their way through...

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Life Experience, you know; like deciding between the cute blond or the big breasted redhead to stew on the Gulfstream. Other tough life experiences that teach wisdom to the ruling elite.

And lots of the hobos you speak of WERE business execs. They finally lost it when they could no longer reconcile thier moral balance sheets.

df1

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by scottsquared

Originally posted by df1

Now, who is to compile said list?

Perhaps compiling such a list could be something useful for the Nader organization to do.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Why should you get a job over someone better qualified that will work for less?

Because you live in the same country as the company?

[edit on 17-6-2004 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
All signs point to NWO, its not gonna be a one world government, but the countries will be state govs. Exporting jobs allows for a better one world economy. But then when its all said and done, the rich will be getting richer, and the middle class huge, and the poor getting poorer.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Why should you get a job over someone better qualified that will work for less?

Because you live in the same country as the company?

...Get a F**King clue.

A sovereign nation has an absolute right to dictate (protectionist) policy to business. Business has absolute right to move it's operations off-shore. That same nation has absolute right to levy tariffs on business operating off-shore.

Now, Government has hardly been enacting protectionist policy vis a vi business except when said business has access to Government . Said protectionist policy should be ultimately of service to the electorate. Since "Free Market" is merely an ideal and not a reality, exporting jobs is a Business desision that The State has every right/responsibility to influence.

Bring on the list of American Worker Friendly Businesses!

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Bring on the list of American Worker Friendly Businesses!

Would these "American Worker Friendly Businesses" be guilty of such anti-American Worker crimes as using automation, selling imported products, or using imported parts? I have some unanswered questions here (ats: Questions for opponents of outsourcing)

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Heir,
I have read through your most excellent postings referred. This is certainly a complicated discussion and I see no need to rehash the arguments made on either side by you or Indy, et. al. I do think that the desirous informed consumer has the right to know what each company is doing in regards outsourcing, import, automation, pollution, compliance, etc., etc. Most of this info. is public info. However, business has a history of distorting such info. Look at Enron, Global Crossing, World Com, etc., etc., ad. nauseum. I think what is needed is a well defined consumer information list of companies, their parent holding company, their record regarding each of these specific issues of import to the consumer, and some kind of consumer-friendly rating system.

Business does not opperate in a vacume. When I had the opportunity to take a Business Ethics class at University in conjunction with an Economics Minor, the class was a big joke to most of the students. I was a pariah for arguing ethics and morality. I believe that this class was in fact a microcosm of the business world. Capitalism left unchecked, regardless of Adam Smith's treatis on self regulation through economic markets, will tend to exploit those least capable of defending themselves.

df1

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Capitalism left unchecked, regardless of Adam Smith's treatis on self regulation through economic markets, will tend to exploit those least capable of defending themselves.

The problem is not free enterprise, it is the lack of free enterprise. The government has stacked the laws and regulations in favor of the large wealthy corporations resulting in the suffocation of the small and innovative.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
About ethics:

I just need to talk to a few of the thousands students of economics. They act and think like they are predestined to earn big money some day.
"Haha, we shouldn't export jobs? Get a life man, you will never be succesful in business!"...from somebody who is still studying, never had a girlfriend, doesn't travel, is clothed by mum and will probably end up as some cheap salesman. Oh I hate those loosers

Actually, the problem is that the same kind of thinking is as well deep in the minds of upper class economy students. Just that they haven't lost ethics and moral, they never had.

I can remember managers in Germany "managing" a few thousands jobs to be cut as for financial reasons and as they leave the company, just a year later, they get millions of euros...what the mumu is wrong in this world. Those people have no honour, shame shame shame.

[edit on 14-6-2004 by shoo]

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
scottsquared: I agree that the information you're talking about should be freely available. Lou Dobbs' list is a good starting point, though I guess it would help if he listed the specific offenses next to each company (and, you know, didn't encourage investment in them on the sly).

Regarding the comments about the culture among business students: I won't deny that that is true, but I find it hard to believe that the common worker is much more virtuous. I went to high school with lots of people who probably weren't aspiring to enter commerce or management, and attitudes toward society were the same across all class lines.

Originally posted by shoo
I just need to talk to a few of the thousands students of economics. They act and think like they are predestined to earn big money some day.

See, I can understand why you would dislike such people (I do too), but to support economic policies for emotional reasons is irresponsible and destructive. And again, if you're suggesting that people who aren't economics students are angels, I beg to differ. Here's a great example: I'm in the electronics and software industry, and I went to school with people who entered before the dot com bubble burst, who thought that they deserved to earn lots of money because the people who were in the program before them did. You're attitude makes me question why you wouldn't be happy that outsourcing affects these kinds of people, to punish them for their bad attitudes. But that would be silly; how irritated you might be by peoples' attitudes shouldn't enter discussion of economics, should it?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join