It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican Cartels Threaten U.S. Police in Arizona

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Mexican Cartels Threaten U.S. Police in Arizona

www.cnn.com

(CNN) -- In the first public incident of its kind, cartels are making direct death threats to U.S. law enforcement officials in Nogales, Arizona, the police chief there told CNN Monday.

Speculation about death threats by cartels towards U.S. law enforcement has been widespread for some time, but this is the first time U.S. officials along the border confirmed a case.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Things seem to be getting worse and worse with our southern neighbor. We already saw the death of the Arizona rancher earlier in the year, perhaps to cartel members. Something serious is going to have to be done in the coming years. The cartels already have a presence in several American cities, but direct threats against our own law enforcement on our own soil really seems to be a step up for them. Perhaps we'll see a reduction in criticism of the new Arizona laws if these threats continue or, god forbid, actually are carried out.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by el_madmaster

Here's a video from Fox News dated 6-16-2010 talking about
the U S Marshal's, and the problems they are having on the border with the cartels, to add to your thread. When will Washington ever realize what is going on in our country and decide to actually do something effective about it?

video.foxnews.com...

[edit on 22-6-2010 by manta78]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
These criminals are antisocial not stupid. They see Obamination opening the door to them so they are announcing that they will walk through it.

The first death should trigger the nation wide cry for Impeachment hearings.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

I think you have been given some bunk info my friend, everybody knows that the Mexican Drug Cartels are as peace loving as the Rainbow People... The Cartels are just a bunch of big teddy bears. In all seriousness, this joke of a President better start doing something besides going to Baseball games, and Playing Basketball.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
well I have been saying it for quite sometime, it is an invasion, despite what people say. Why doesn't AZ activate the Guard in that state?

Soon we will be having another Alamo battle just a different time.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by awakentired
The first death should trigger the nation wide cry for
Impeachment hearings.

yep, for sure
then it will take 2 & a half years to process
that impeachment, just like Clinton.

Meanwhile, back in AZ
more people die every day
cuz of a lack of leadership
in the Oval Office.

America is at her breaking point
and it's about to get nasty.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by theability
well I have been saying it for quite sometime, it is an invasion, despite what people say. Why doesn't AZ activate the Guard in that state?

Soon we will be having another Alamo battle just a different time.

it is really sad when you have a criminal in
the WH that holds American Citizens hostage
just to get congress to pass legislation to suit
your own personal agenda.

President Obama is refusing to secure the border until
Congress reaches a breakthrough on comprehensive
immigration reform, Arizona Sen. Jon Kyl said at a recent
town hall meeting.

The No. 2 Senate Republican, in a video clip posted on
YouTube showing the senator speaking to a local Tea Party
crowd on Friday, said the president told him during a
one-on-one meeting in the Oval Office that he was
concerned he wouldn't win GOP support on immigration
legislation if he took care of border security first.

www.foxnews.com...

[edit on 22-6-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Disgusting! Screw the Fed. Someone threatens you, you have no choice but to neutralize the situation. Can't the swat teams in AZ bust some cartel ass? If not, step aside and let the citizen clean house.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
solution: land mines and drones...

sign's that state very specifically that crossing this line/area you will die

continue at your own risk. the same method used in high security prisons

how many people in prison die from being shot by gaurds?.. not many.

i dont live anywhere near arizona.. but if it can happen there... it can happen

anywhere. this worries me.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Alright. Fine. So be it.

I say it's time we make them fear us. Let them say that to the national guard. Let them say that to our Air Force. Let them say that to our Marines.

I say we use good old fashioned American muscle and secure our borders in the quickest and most effective way, our military. Defending our borders is literally in their job description.

Then Mr. President, we can discuss immigration reform. We can even discuss amnesty. I'm against it, but am willing to discuss it. Perhaps even compromise.

Secure our borders, first.

Alternatively, Arizona should fully activate their state militia and provide financial backing. I say all southern states follow that ideal.

Enough is enough.

NAY-SAYER:
But Theorist, we can't place armed troops on the border! That would cause a massive diplomatic incident with Mexico.

MY REPLY:
And I care, why? What is Mexico going to do? What COULD they do?

[edit on 22-6-2010 by The Theorist]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Wouldn't it be something if these cartels were actually funded/trained by CIA? Could it be a stretch? Tons of US weapons supplied to the Mexican Government have been found in the cartel's hands. Parts of AZ has been handed to Mexico for possible importing of drugs. Let's not forget that the CIA has been caught red-handed importing drugs/exporting weapons before with the Iran Contra scandel only to finanse covert military actions throughout the world.
Just a thought

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Theorist
I say it's time we make them fear us. Let them say that to the national guard. Let them say that to our Air Force. Let them say that to our Marines.

quoting Pres. Roosevelt I see, lol

I'd have to agree with ya

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by monkeySEEmonkeyDO
Wouldn't it be something if these cartels were actually funded/trained by CIA? Could it be a stretch? Tons of US weapons supplied to the Mexican Government have been found in the cartel's hands.

Did you see the pics from that blog that showed
all those weapons the Zetas had in their cache??
M-16's and RPG's running out the ying yang.
Over 200 rifles found in that stash.
Do you want me to post pics???
Where are they gonna get all those
American M-16's except from the CIA ????

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by monkeySEEmonkeyDO

Well here is one article that agrees with your statement that they
(los zetas) were American trained (but for a different purpose)

"They were the elite "special forces" of the Mexican military, trained in the U.S. at the School of the Americas at Fort Benning, Georgia and sent to "wipe out" one of the most powerful Mexican drug cartels according to anonymous US Government sources."

Source: www.lagunajournal.com...

[edit on 22-6-2010 by manta78]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by monkeySEEmonkeyDO

Gosh! You're thinking too hard. These drug cartels are fearless aren't they? Always have to wonder how they gained so much power and confidence uh?

But too much talk already, let the damn war begin!

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   

The naked irony of the situation is that were this to be happening somewhere else in the world, where criminal gangs, supported by a government were engaged in violent cross-border assaults, the US would send some mealy-mouthed State Department official to the UN to pound the table for the human rights of those living in the country being invaded.

This is an invasion. Always has been.

What ever happened to the civil rights of the people in Arizona? I guess they don't matter.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

It really makes you wonder why the US/Mexican boarder has NEVER been fully protected. Politicians have time and time again failed the American people.
Here's another interesting fact about the War on Drugs:
Over the past decades, the Federal Govt has repeatedly increased their budget on the War on Drugs, but drugs have increased in supply, and have become more potent then ever. Wait.... More money to fight it, but still getting more and more drugs "smuggled" into this country?!

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

it is really sad when you have a criminal in
the WH that holds American Citizens hostage
just to get congress to pass legislation to suit
your own personal agenda.

Well said. For him to act this way shows me at least that his intentions are not the best for America.

Cheap change and lies. Another TV sold Presidency.

I do know one thing, He can't place the whole country in jail and sooner or later, the country will revolt.

The definition of the true patriot.

Just sad that it has to go farther before Americans do something beside say:

"What can I do about it?"

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by el_madmaster
Something serious is going to have to be done in the coming years. The cartels already have a presence in several American cities, but direct threats against our own law enforcement on our own soil really seems to be a step up for them. Perhaps we'll see a reduction in criticism of the new Arizona laws if these threats continue or, god forbid, actually are carried out.

The law has failed. All the laws have failed. The laws will continue to fail.

Until all drugs are completely legalised, nothing will stop the cartels. Making all drugs legal, everywhere, will eliminate the very reasons for the cartels to exist.

Most of Western society is brainwashed to think that drugs are bad and people who sell them are criminals. It's funny how every supermarket, petrol station and corner shop sells legal drugs like cigarettes and alcohol. You don't see those taxpayers being locked up for dealing drugs, right?

There must be far too many high-powered, low-profile law makers and policy setters, who are too heavily invested in the illicit drug trade, to allow the hypocrisy to continue.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join