It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will someone say a prayer for my grandmother?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
My grandmother is currently on complete life support right now and the only thing that can save her is a miracle. I was just hoping that some of the people here on ATS can just say a prayer for her.

I don't know if this is permitted, so if not I apologize mods.

When I get updates on her health I will update this thread. Everyone is just so gracious and helpful. ATS feels like a family to me and I thank everyone here.

[edit on 6/21/2010 by Misoir]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I just did. I hope she's comfortable.

blessings to you and grandma.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
well i don't pray, but I will send positive thoughts your way.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I have a candle on my mantle in the living room lit just for her, sending energy her way. I hope for the best for your grandmother and your family.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

For what it is worth...I am sorry to hear about this. I did say a prayer for her.

link   
I feel for you.
I will be sending out positive energy and love to your grandmother.

link   
my prayers are with her and your family.

I lost my Dad in January, it was really hard he went into respiratory failure and since he was without oxygen for too long when they were able to restart his heart they had him on life support. My brother and I had to make the final decision and that's one thing noone should really go through.

I hope things work out

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
you got it , my brother! you must know the truth! no worries about her...we'll all be together...what a day that will be!

link   
you got it , my brother! you must know the truth! no worries about her...we'll all be together...what a day that will be!

link   

Originally posted by tracer7
well i don't pray, but I will send positive thoughts your way.

Well I am not a religious person at all either, I am an Agnostic, but right now I just had to pray, it's all I can do. It's a terrible fealing that someone you love could die and the only thing you can do is pray.

Thanks to everyone, whether you pray or just hope for her to live, I appreciate everything and so does my grandmother and my whole family.

+3 more 
link   
Dear God, we thank thee for thy bountiful grace and goodness, and for keeping Misoir's grandmother in your boundaries of compassion and love. We thank thee for keeping young Misoir strong and clearheaded at this time, for truly his grandmother means much to him, and to stay strong and clearheaded at such a time is a tough task for anyone, let alone one as young as he. We thank thee for the miracle of granting this world both his grandmother and he, and we thank thee heartily for staying with Misoir in this time of trouble. Speak to him God and remind him to keep faith in the power of miracles, and to not wait for this miracle to appear before showing gratitude for it, for truly no miracle was ever granted to one who lacked the faith in that miracle to begin with, so know this God, that in your infinite wisdom we thank you from the bottom of our hearts for the miracle you will grant him in this trying time, and for keeping him safe, strong, and healthy; Amen.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Jean Paul Zodeaux]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Beautiful. Amen

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cito
my prayers are with her and your family.

I lost my Dad in January, it was really hard he went into respiratory failure and since he was without oxygen for too long when they were able to restart his heart they had him on life support. My brother and I had to make the final decision and that's one thing noone should really go through.

I hope things work out

That's pretty close to what is wrong with her.

She is currently in septic shock and they think the infection is in her intestines. They have tried to take her to get a CAT Scan today and that's when her blood pressure fell and they currently have her on the maximum amount of blood pressure medicine. They said there is nothing they can do unless they find out where the infection is and they can't figure it out until they get a CAT Scan and she can't get a CAT Scan without stabilizing her blood pressure.

We haven't given up hope, I refuse to. She has fought off Sepsis twice, never septic shock though. A stroke and terminally ill due to her diabetes and she suffered near lung collapse just 7 months ago. She is one hell of a fighter and I won't give up on her.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I'm with you.

Good luck.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Thank you so much Jean Paul Zodeaux.

And thank you everyone, I have to hold it together for my mom. I can't cry and show her that I too am afraid, but I won't give up hope.

[edit on 6/21/2010 by Misoir]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

AMEN

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I'm not religious but I thought this was really beautiful.

Positive thoughts for your grandmother and your family Misoir.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I'm sorry to hear that about your grandmother. I will pray for her and send positive thoughts.

Don't lose hope.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

absolutely wonderful prayer

I couldn't have said it better.

Where 2 or more are gathered in my name
I will be in the midst of them.

Blessings to Misoir and family
from the almighty God

[edit on 21-6-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
We have your grandmother in our prayers for her to get better and you and your family in our prayers for strength to deal with whatever situation should present itself in this troubled time. God Bless

<<   2  3  4 >>

join