It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think they stopped crushing Electric cars back in the 90's? Think again.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Compressed air driven technology already exists.

There is a company in France currently going into production to mass produce compressed air driven vehicles that are equivelent in performance to gasoline driven cars. No need for combustion, pollution, no storage of nasty highly polluting gasoline in large underground tanks. This is the way of the future.

Who cares about fuel efficiency, when the internal combustion engine is now obsolete. Why are you people ignoring this technology.

Comprssed air is extremely easy to store, clean, with very little hazard potential.

Take a windmill, and produce compressed air when the wind is strong, and store it for when the wind dies down, and then use the compressed air to drive electrical generators.

Bye bye to the need to drill oil wells, bye bye to extremely polluting oil refineries. Hello to individual wind mill farms, bio-diesel, and efficient compressed air driven vehicles.

By the way, there are already electric driven motorcycles with acceleration capabilities equal to combustion engine motorcycles, they just don't have the top end speeds, which are higherly than anyone needs anyway.

www.zeromotorcycles.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

In my opinion, you are thinking too much of where you come from. And applying your own perception of language to a person who is not an English-primary.

This is merely a foreigner using their second language. I guarantee most English speakers sound just as simple and vague when trying to speak other languages.

I'm not saying that the auto/oil industry hasn't tried to stifle anything that would cut into their dollar-per-barrel profits. I'm just saying that this is not proof of such a thing.

reply to post by 30_seconds

Yeah, we don't have self-opening doors. Or handheld communicators.

No....

Computers that can fit in one room.
Tablet sized computers.
Portable computer memory.
Wireless headsets.
Biometrics.
Precise location sensing. (GPS)
Large flat-panel screens.

Seriously though, technology has come a long way. Just because the auto/oil industry is stifling development for profit, doesn't mean every industry is doing the same thing. Your assessment is hardly fair.

reply to post by Arbitrageur

IMO, it wasn't commercialized due to the fact that is was a small one-person highly specialized vehicle.

My impression is that this technology doesn't scale up very well. Especially considering the fact that it's lubricated by machine oil, and the danger of hard highly pressurized tires.

How well do you really think it would run, loaded down with 4-7passengers and cargo?

BTW, Auto manufacturers need the oil industry for more than just gas. Tires, plastic, lubrication. it all takes oil to make. All which would get a huge price hike, if gas was selling less.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I hate to be a skeptic but that motorcycle was probably not marketable. I bet it had very limited power and speed. I doubt there were any advanced concepts on it, just a very small engine. I can get 1000 miles per gallon at 2 mph.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The neat thing about electric motors vs piston engines whether gas, diesel or air is that electrics have instantaneous torque.

Meaning that you have maximum power as soon as you hit the go pedal or twist the throttle.

There is a guy who has an electric Datsun drag car that outruns C6 Corvettes !!

So electrics aren't limited to only low speeds, it's all about what one wants as far as performance vs economy.

What some forget too is that Electrics will not require Periodic maintenance such as Oil and Filter Changes,Air Filters or Spark Plugs, clutches, transmission fluid/maintenance.

So essentially there is no tune up or servicing required with electrics.

Simply charge the batteries and go.

As solar becomes more efficient and affordable there will probably come a day in which our entire roof area of our homes of the future will become solar collectors.

I agree that Hydrogen Fuel Cells are the way to go. We have plenty of water in which to create electricity with.
And it eliminates the weight of the batteries.

But electric motors aren't picky as to where their juice comes from. So I envision a day when those with electric cars with batteries will be able to retrofit them with a small compact hydrogen fuel cell in it's place when they become more affordable.

Just think of the weight savings and resulting performance gains !!
Also you would no longer have the range limitations imposed by batteries as long as you had access to water for fuel !

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by justletmein
How long do paitents last for?
I thought after 7 years or so anyone could make the same goods(thinking about drugs here!)

USA patents are 20 years from date of filing but
since it takes about 2 to 3 years to actually get
the patent after filing you have about 17 to 18 years
to take advantage of any specific utility, design or
biological-oriented patent grant.

See Good Website:
www.patentstation.com...

Regarding the viewing and access of patents and the
inherent methods and designs disclosed, the granted
patent filing itself usually does NOT contain enough
information to actively create a working model
of whatever technlogy is being disclosed.

Most patents are worded such that describe the essential
operation of said devices bit NOT the nitty gritty details
on how the devices was created or truly does its thing!

Ergo, most "Free Energy" patents are basically USELESS
to use as a basis for creating your own designs or successors
to said device. The designs that DO disclose something decent
and more detailed in nature are usually micron-scale or
nano-scale designs created by large corporations such
as IBM, Toshiba, Hitachi, GE, Siemens, ABB, Philips and
others that REQUIRE significant micro-circuit making
technology and thus have a serious technological
and financial barrier to creating your own versions.

I can pretty much guarantee you that a backyard inventor
is UNLIKELY to be able to use a bunch of magnets strung
together in some weird configuration in order to create
true "Free Energy"! .... It's more likely that we will be
harnessing electrons using nano-scale devices created
by CHIP FAB companies that are cascaded together
to form large generators or engines.

The key to getting some money out of this is to become
a SMALL CHIP FAB company that makes CUSTOM electron
harnessing devices which you licence to the big guys
or make highly customized & expensive versions you
market yourself.

To be your own chip FAB isn't as difficult as you think,
it just takes some guts and a long-term outlook plus
about $250,000 to start with making your own
micron-scale devices using 80's/90's era photo-lithography
gear or your own self-built stuff. I CAN BE DONE
IF YOU'RE PERSISTENT AND STUBBORN ENOUGH !!!!

---

For some listed "Almost Free Energy" patents see:
spiritofmaat.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

And this site on possible Free energy inventions:
freeenergyinventions.com...

---

For patent resources, see these websites:

Google search 7 MILLION US patents:
www.google.com...

Canadian Patents database:
brevets-patents.ic.gc.ca...

German patents and intellectual property databases:
www.ipmenu.com...

Japanese Patent Office:
www.jpo.go.jp...

China Patent Office:
www.chinatrademarkoffice.com...

Paten Office of India:
www.patentoffice.nic.in...

Russian Patent Office and IP resources:
www.ipmenu.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
It's all about the dough. My best friend's mom worked at a Shell Gas station for 5 years Full Time, and never once received a raise or benefits, after 5 years a Wal Mart moved into town and minimum wage went up and she decided to work at Wal Mart instead and she gets full benefits, but still works part time a the Shell station and still hasn't got a raise.

This companies only care about one thing. Money, not environment, nor you not me, just money. So if they bring the electric car or some other type of vehicle run by some other fuel, it's going to break their business and they will do anythign to avoid that. Henry Ford originally never intended to make the car run out of gas, however congress only approved a gasoline run vehicle google that info, it should be common for everyone that knows about Henry ford's biography.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Took a look at that, pretty neat. However, transport that car to the US. They would never allow it on the road. So many safety regulations in place, not to mention they would find some part of that car to be toxic and ban production outright. We won't see anything shut down the auto and oil giants in our lifetimes that's for sure.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Hypntick

There is no doubt that the auto and oil industries will do what they can to stop this development, and they are doing a great job of supressing the news, but their time is coming.

It seems that France is behind this development, and Europe will most likely adopt this technology quickly. It will catch on quickly in the U.S. within a few years after going into production. A new era of pneumatics is coming.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Oregon is the first state W. of the Mississippi to legalize industrial hemp - why not grow our own cars? Hemp fiberglass is used as inside car panels in Germany and has been for years. For NEVs neighborhood electric vehicles going under 40 mph this would be a great coup - to build the car out of hemp fiber and to run it off hemp oil and PVs.

Now there is a hybrid that could be truly homegrown.

I know several people in OR who run their electric cycles and cars from PVs on their roof.
What worries me is when youth gangs hear about electric skateboards.

I would love to try an electric tricycle - they are abundant in China and could be a good
transportation alternative for boomers!

Any one remember the solar powered surrey with the fringe on top from Sebastopol in the mid 70s?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by toreishi

This is all well and good, information wise.

As someone else has pointed out, this isn't really much of a surprise to most ATS'ers, we know that technological suppression goes on all of the time.

The real question that should be asked, is what are we going to do about it?

It's great to have knowledge of this conspiracy or that conspiracy, but really, what is the point if all we do is debate and procrastinate, whinge and moan?

Not that i'm any different of course, i moan, say things like ' Oh..the bastards, someone should do something about that' and pretty much what i expect all of you folks say too.

Nothing changes though does it...the crap still goes on pretty much unchallenged. The suppression still happens quietly with hardly a peep from us, Joe and Josephine public.

Apart from boycotting a companies products, what else is there that we could do, even if we weren't apathetic to the point of being chemically lobotomized due to the rubbish we consume.

Not having a go at anyone here BTW, just pointing out that we all go Ohh and Ahh, and that's just wrong and so on, but what good does it do?

Is there a way we can be effective? A way we can use our knowledge to help ourselves and our neigbours?

Any ideas folks?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by StargateSG7

Know what you mean StargateSG7,

I scour the energy device patents too, and you're right - there's no real information contained in them.

The patent will say things like 'the coil is connected to amplifier unit (6) and is passed on to main board (9)..but doesn't tell you what the amp or the main board consist of, or how they connect.

The basic idea is there or course, but for energy devices, a single obscure component substituted for another of a different rating or even different manufacturer, may make the difference between a working machine or not.

Subtle differences in design, materials and precise configuration is probably the key to whether something works or not, but without those 'inside' details, we could try to replicate and never get the same results, unless we get extremely lucky.

This is why i think there are huge doubts about the field of alt energy, there are so many small variables that can either help or hinder, and not knowing what they are makes all the difference when trying to build a device.

Hopefully, the current wave of open source thinking of late will go a long way to changing that.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

I can get 1000 miles per gallon at 2 mph.

Yeah, but this particular bike was ridden at highway/motorway speeds for 470mpg. So, i'd say it went at least 60-70 mph.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by D.E.M.
It culminated in 1985 with the development of a prototype Honda by Matsu Matsuzawa, which reached a staggering 470 MPG under real highway conditions.

Now here's another theory. What if this thing had so little power that it took 5 minutes to accelerate from 0-60? You'd end up being a decoration on the front grill of a tractor trailer trying to merge onto a freeway in California with acceleration that slow. And how does that tie into the corporate greed motivation? Nobody would want to buy it. And no buyers means no sales and no return on investment, no profits. Now this is a logical scenario, but I don't know what the true explanation is.

There you go again, bein' all right 'n' stuff.

That's a good point, one I didn't consider.

Honda IS known for racing cars, and sleek, sharp, hard revving street cars bursting with race track bred technology.

Even their "green" cars have managed to sidestep being seen as gutless. The last thing they would want the public to see is low tech backyard job displaying a big HONDA badge chugging down the freeway, duct tape flapping in the wind.

..........or maybe Matsu did a little more than pump up the tires and change the oil......... 470MPG....that's gobsmacking. Almost double the runner up.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by OZtracized]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by OZtracized

..........or maybe Matsu did a little more than pump up the tires and change the oil......... 470MPG....that's gobsmacking. Almost double the runner up.

Well not really, here is the results from that competition.

What is also interesting is looking at the previous years preliminary which may illustrate that very high mpg was not exclusive to Matsu.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by sherpa]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
GREAT topic. Amazing how the technology is there for such fuel efficient vehicles, yet so many car companies, oil companies, etc, etc, buy the rights to them and prototypes and make them go away. SUCKS! I wish I had the technical know how to make one of my own. I want to try out that used cooking oil conversion. I am a chef, the oil would be easy to get for me.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by earthdude

I can get 1000 miles per gallon at 2 mph.

Yeah, but this particular bike was ridden at highway/motorway speeds for 470mpg. So, i'd say it went at least 60-70 mph.

I had a Suzuki 50cc that went 54mph so I suppose an 80cc could go that fast, but it must have had some secret to its fuel efficiency or he cheated.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I wonder how Nissan was able to get away with the 100% electric LEAF with out big oil shutting them down? Lets just hope it sells well and in no time 100% electric will flood the market.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

If you want more info on this topic, and haven't already seen it then there's a great doc on this called "Who Killed The Electric Car".

It pretty much sets out the scene as to why this suppression of beneficial transport tech happens.

It's been said earlier in this thread, but the controlling powers are heavily invested in oil and if they are allowed to continue with their plan, we will not see any major advances in this area until every last drop of oil has been sold for massive and rising profits as it gets more scarce.

It appears the actual movie has been removed (really?) from Google but here

is a trailer (terrible quality!).

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

This has always been quite interesting to me due to a story my father told me about when he was attending high school back in the 1950's.

His mechanics teacher developed a hydro-powered engine that astonished the residents of Sulfur, LA. It wasn't even months before "some big petroleum company" swooped in and offered him a lump sum of cash in return for rights to the patent for his model. Of course, this sounds great to any high school mechanics teacher and he readily accepted the offer. I wish I remembered more about the events and exactly what company it was who made the purchase.

I am sure they bought it because an engine relying solely on water coming onto the market would possibly cripple their profits from petroleum. If anyone wants more info on this I will happily contact my father and dig up whatever I can for you

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shikamaru

Originally posted by 30_seconds

What we could have today should look like Star Trek.

What we do have today looks like the year 1900, with shiny paint.

This is sooo true... where the hell did we go wrong? It makes me depressed to see us still relying on oil and you're telling me that the closest thing to a green world we can get is Hybrid?

That's like saying "Ok... we tried it... we just like our way better".

Some say we can't get electric cars or hydropowered vehicles because the materials cost too much... I don't believe that, when it comes to mass production.

This damn world is screwed.

The 1982 Chevette diesel got 55 mpg. Of course, it didn't sell too well, being that GM forgot to put a turbo on it (that would have made it faster as well as adding a little mileage)

the 1992 or 93 honda Civic VX got 51 mpg.

the 1988 Geo Metro 3-door got 53 mpg.

The New Honda Insight gets 43 mpg. ???

Volkswagen diesel pickups typically got 42-50mpg, depending on if you got a good one or a bad one.

FFS! my 1991 Dodge Omni got 45! And it was a powerful little car!

You're right... the world is screwed.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join