It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange breaks cover but will avoid America

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Either he already made a deal with the US Intelligence OR they already got him and we're seeing a body double.

Not too far-fetched.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose
i think smirkley is confusing wikileaks folks with wikipedia folks..
not the same peeps. lol

I wasnt confusing the two, I was coorolating the two, and noticing the tendency to make available questionable subject matter under the guize of freedom of information.

Yes I know the two are very different entities, and two entirely different situations.

But there is a tone that is concerning that may draw the arm of control in the end.

Right, wrong, or indifferent, change is coming fast for certain mediums on the web. Mark my words.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Good for him - glad he's still with us.

I'm amazed that with teh full resources of the US Government that all the three letter agencies combined can't find and arrest this guy - he must be REALLY good at whatever he does to avoid capture and is still able to travel to Europe when EVERYONE is looking for him?

If the FBI, CIA, DHS, NSA and the armed forces of the United States can't find one fugitive hacker with "no fixed address" who is obviously still able to travel extensively, AND show up at a conference where they KNEW he was going to make an appearance and STILL didn't get him, what makes them think they can find anyone, so long as they take extreme measures to stay off the radar.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewTB
Perhaps Assange is collaborating with foreign goverment's as a means of harming diplomatic relationships. There so many people that want to see the USA fall to pieces that it wouldn't amaze me!

Of course... anyone working in disclosing the amorality of US's foreign policy HAS got to be a collaborator of a foreign, un-friendly, regime!!! (sighs)

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SassyCat

While I appreciate and admire your faith in our system of government , I have seen time and again what happens to those who make a stand and threaten to expose the shennanigans and back-room dealings of TPTB .

JFK and Larry McDonald come to mind , right off the top of my head .

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
What if they let him do his thing because they knoiw he will never unlock the real secrets and because he is leaking the material some people that would be searching otherwise aren't, because they dont have to. It's the same with newspapers really, when you get to know the stories conveniently you dont have to dig them up yourself.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
well I'm glad to know he's alright
but I do wish he would release
some of those cables at least.

How long can they hold Manning
without charging him ????

He hasn't been in hiding. They killed him. The new "Julian" is a alphabet soup plant. Documents will still be released. Nothing overly sensitive, save one or two just for show. Nobody will notice.

Jesus, you know I don't believe that...But I've spent so many hours on this particular board that I'm quite sure it doesn't sound too crazy to quite a few of you.

Whatever..

Hope everybody is enjoying their freedoms.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
This whole thing is a powder-keg. This could reveal information that does harm just as easily as information the public should know.

I never buy the I'm saving the world type nonsense from glory hounds like this, but when they expose bad people, they do some good. But like I said, he could pull a Jane Fonda and kill people easily.

I highly doubt he is in as much danger as is being theorized or flat out stated by the hysterical crowd here.

As to that Manning person, if what he did hurts one innocent person, puts one innocent person in danger or endangers sensitive relations with other countries, he should be hung out to dry. Let's not forget what a dangerous crime he has done here.

I still think he is just a loser who is trying to get out of the Military he volunteered for and is so naive he failed to grasp what damage he could do. Even cost lives. It brings to question whether such young, immature people should be in a position to do such potential damage. Full critical thinking skills don't even develop until about 25 and we have people well below that age in positions that require honed critical thinking skills. Is that wise?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I haven't read the whole thread so forgive me if somebody else has said this.

I think they leave him alive because there is no point in killing him. There has to be more than one person behind WikiLeaks. A website like that probably has a hand full of people working on it at least. So killing one guy just means somebody else steps in the gap.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Do people find it so hard to understand? These are diplomatic cables, between embassies and/or state departments of various nations.

There are no lists of the names of overseas spies, or ICBM launch codes, or the location of nuclear submarines etc. Those types of life-threatening data are used and maintained by CIA and military circles.

What kind of diplomatic conversation should be confidential anyways? I don't know about you, but I'm not okay with being treated like a child who wouldn' understand, by these PTB.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
So this guys life is in danger for telling us the truth?
Iv got an idea! Why dont we all get real mad about it and type?

Seriously though, how cowerdly are we if we believe evan half the things on this site and dont do nothing about it?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Many people are willing to help/do something.
They like myself just dont really know what to do or have the skills to do anything so instead we give moral support in the forums.
It all helps it gets people talking and thinking.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
What Wikileaks is Becoming.

I created this thread to talk about exactly what I fear Wikileaks is becoming, the more popular it becomes. Check it out.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join