It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange breaks cover but will avoid America

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Just to play Devil's Advocate, couldn't it be that they've done nothing against him because they know people would start asking questions about him being an agent. So, by doing nothing they pretty much destroy his credibility and get rid of their problem without wasting resources. This is the government we're talking about, they're not going to make such obvious moves as placing an agent and then making moves that will blow that agent's cover.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

I'm trying to say the laws that are enacted to crack down on the spread of information online will be enacted based on an event. The wikileaks website and these leaked cables are the event. Do you really think the government is stupid enough to put a 20 some year old kid in charge of secret information? Do you think they didn't know his ties to his internet hacker friend? Do you think the government didn't know he'd leak the information on the internet? I propose that it is possible they knew all of this, and knowing he would do what he did, they let it happen.

This all seems like a well put together plot, an event, to give the government a reason to restrict the flow of information on the internet.

As 9/11 was to the patriot act, is what this whole fiasco will be to the regulation of and restriction of information on the internet.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal
This could simply be paranoia but what if Wikileaks was a government front and people end up leaking things right to the government? I don't see how this guy could be alive otherwise.

If Wikileaks is legitimate, they kill him and his people release things that are even more damning to the U.S., perhaps that would be better than letting him acquire more material as days go by while he is alive.

well some people believe ATS is a government front. Kind of odd that they open this site up a year later after 9/11 and all those conspiracies surrounding them. Plus the Airforce have their cyberwar. Anything is possible.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
He is "still alive" because he is that good.

You can gain allot of insight into his character here
cryptome.org...

He has been paving this road for a long time..
and he knows exactly what he's doing, and how to do it.

Seriously
the world does need more of him.

but if you have some free time..
check out that link..

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Would any of you release classified information that would send the entire populous into panic and hysteria? Your good intentions to let the truth be known could end up hurting/killing a lot of people if all hell broke out. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I'd withhold such information, indeed I would release it and let the cards fall where they may, but I don't have much compassion for humanity at this point in time, and so that's just me and he may not harbor such intent upon humanity (despite how horrible humanity has become).

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
For any Australians reading this, Julian Assange is going to be on Foreign Correspondent tonight on ABC1 at 8:00pm - and for internationals, I'm sure it will be on the net in no time.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Why are the Wiki folks always in the spotlight?

Think about it for a minute,...

Illegal information,...

Pedophilia.....

What else?

Something is deeper than on the surface of the webpages cloaked on the style of...

.... 'freedom of information'.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by smirkley]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by smirkley

You've sparked my curiosity, can you explain further what you mean.

And this is the first I've heard of WikiLeaks and Pedophilia in a single sentence...?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
i think smirkley is confusing wikileaks folks with wikipedia folks..
not the same peeps. lol

This is how they stay safe~
listen....
the 'how' starts @ around 4mins.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by Ahmose]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

How long can they hold Manning
without charging him ????

Forever actually.

Remember he is enlisted in the USA Armed forces, he is subjected to UCMJ not Civilian laws as you and I are.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by theability]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by theability

Even under civilian law, since the introduction of the Patriot Act (I&II) don't they have the "right" to hold civilians/citizens indefinitely now also?

I could be mistaken, but our (Aus) new Anti-Terrorist laws that were modeled after the Patriot Act and brought in not long after, do allow them to hold you indefinitely and without council.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
This whole thing with Julian inspired me to read about thte Pentagon Papers, and their history, along with actually reading the new "cyber" lol Internet bill brought about by Liberman. The Pentagon Papers was an interesting find, basically McNamara had them compiled, and they chronicled the US's involvement in the Vietnam war. It seems several presidents over the course of years lied to the public in order to continue, or expand the war in Vietnam. These papers came out in the 70's and prompted President Nixon to gather up a covert group of people under his command that were termed "The Plumbers", they broke into the physician's office of the main guy, Daniel Ellsberg, in order to get some dirt on him. This backfired, and actually had the courts drop the case on Ellsberg due to this event. This also was before the whole Watergate thing, in which that same cover group became famous.

Anyway, I think the Ellsberg case, which eventually was settled in favor of the NY Time's right to publish the papers, set a precedence in this matter that might be applicable to this case as well.

It will be interesting to see how it pans out.

I also downloaded an online book called "Underground", which was co-written by Assange, and talked about the early hacking days in Melbourne, and the "WANK worm" that infiltrated Nasa's computer systems way back in 1989. Interesting book, and the whole thing is available free online.

I'm sure at Julian has protected documents to bargain with to save his hide, and that if something were to happen to him, those would be released. He's a smart cookie! Cute too! Lol

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I wouldnt trust the EU union either, he should have gone to russia for better hiding place, The Eu can kick him out at any time.

With americas request or without.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I would be be absolutely crushed if Assange turned out to be one of them.

His speeches ring a cosmic resonance in my soul and what he's doing.

He's not looking for violence. He's looking for peaceful change in the way governments conduct themselves, and the leaking of sensitive, or classified information forces those changes - peacefully.

No pitchforks, no wars, no revolutions. Just hardcore - or REAL - policy changes in conduct.

If he's a front, then I'm devastated. But this is starting to smell a bit odd. Even CNN's been running stories on the Pentagon's interest in him, so the fact that he's waltzing around unmolested is alarming. It doesn't add up, and something smells fishy.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
You have to have a truly sensational mind to attach so much conspiracy to this person.

You think he's some brilliant mastermind that's out manuevering all the police agencies?
You think he has the downfall of the American government at hand?
You think he's some important pawn in a global conspiracy game?

More like an irritant that runs a site that's poor PR to the U.S. Sucks, but whatever. Not like anything on that website has ever caused a dramatic reaction, just a day or two of incendiary comments, then no one cares.

He's self-important, and you guys are all feeding into his little cult.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by theregonnakillme
I think TPTB just don't give a sh*t about us full stop. All the information you could ever want is available to prove 9/11 was done by TPTB and yet no one is willing to do anything about it.

It's got to reach critical mass sooner or later and then it will only take the slightest spark.

Some people won't ask questions so long as they can watch soap TV because they use this like a bucket of sand but change is here and even these people are going to wake up.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
This person is a hacker.

It looks as though the US Govt are really worried about what they know he has.

But what else has he got that they dont know about??

MM

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
That was a great piece on Foreign Correspondent.
Especially the ex-cop? supporting Julian.
Is it me or did Lamo look like he had been drugged? or was high on his own accord?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Yeah, I didn't think he looked 'normal'. His other pics in uniform he looked fine.

I wonder if the Ex AFP Officer saw some of the things he had?

They also made it sound as though he doesn't have a lot to do with wikileaks anymore, which I have read in other places.

He wouldn't give any info on what was about to be released when they asked him.

MM

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
He appeared in Brussels?
I live in Belgium, quite a bit away from Brussels though (East-Flanders to be precise), and there has been nothing at all about this person on the news.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join