It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange breaks cover but will avoid America

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange breaks cover but will avoid America

www.guardian.co.uk

The elusive founder of WikiLeaks, who is at the centre of a potential US national security sensation, has surfaced from almost a month in hiding to tell the Guardian he does not fear for his safety but is on permanent alert.

Julian Assange, a renowned Australian hacker who founded the electronic whistleblowers' platform WikiLeaks, vanished when a young US intelligence analyst in Baghdad was arrested.

The analyst, Bradley Manning, had bragged he had sent 260,000 incendiary US state department cables on the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan to WikiLeaks.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Assange appeared in public in Brussels for the first time in almost a month to speak at a seminar on freedom of information at the European parliament.

So looks like he's ok. What I don't understand is how he is still alive. The guy is speaking to the European government and is wanted by the U.S. for leaking important info that they wanted contained. Unless he is some sort of agent... which I don't think any can rule out, I don't see how he's walking freely or even alive.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
He probably cut a bargain, like "As long as nothing happens to me, so and so will never come to light...but if i dissapear, the deluge occurs...."

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Perhaps Assange is collaborating with foreign goverment's as a means of harming diplomatic relationships. There so many people that want to see the USA fall to pieces that it wouldn't amaze me!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
What I think is that what he posses is so volatiale that if Julian ended up missing it would all be released and not only that, his death would look suspicious. I think he should release some of the juicy stuff and keep on leaking it out slowly so that they can never assassinate him as he has the juiciest of things hidden with a dead man switch.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Even if he does get killed (which I hope doesn't happen), I'm pretty sure he has people to use as his backup so the information can be released regardless of what happens to him. He seems like a very intelligient person. It's only reasonable that he protects himself.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
What I think is that what he posses is so volatiale that if Julian ended up missing it would all be released and not only that, his death would look suspicious. I think he should release some of the juicy stuff and keep on leaking it out slowly so that they can never assassinate him as he has the juiciest of things hidden with a dead man switch.

Agreed. If I was him I'd release thing intermittently that way I can always have something to hang over TPTB heads.

BUT like people already say, at times I wonder if he's some kind of agent because nothing has happened to him. Honestly I don't think TPTB care if we think there's a conspiracy behind his death, as history has shown in the case of numerous "important" people.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
This could simply be paranoia but what if Wikileaks was a government front and people end up leaking things right to the government? I don't see how this guy could be alive otherwise.

If Wikileaks is legitimate, they kill him and his people release things that are even more damning to the U.S., perhaps that would be better than letting him acquire more material as days go by while he is alive.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
This is indeed very strange that he would come out of hiding to make a public appearance .

With the Pentagon looking for him , it goes without saying that the FBI , CIA , Mossad , and Interpol are looking for him , as well as intelligence agencies in most if not all the countries of the world .

There is more to this saga than we are aware of . If the U.S. was indeed looking for him hard and heavy , he would have been apprehended before his public appearance was concluded .

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
well I'm glad to know he's alright
but I do wish he would release
some of those cables at least.

How long can they hold Manning
without charging him ????

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

...yet he's talking to European Parliament. You can't just show up there and demand an audience. They knew he was going to show up and I'm sure all those agencies were aware of that. If they really wanted, they'd have him already.

Everyone that's really against TPTB end up dead or missing... we'll see how this turns out I guess.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
There should be more people like Julian Assange. It's risky business when it comes to "US secrets" but if there's enough publicity surrounding him, i think he may become "untouchable" so to speak...

It's yet another proof that a lot of people are waking up, thanks to actions that are taken to expose the lies and deception that most of the "so called elites" of this world want us to believe...

I've had enough of all this BS. The only thing missing between the "awakened" is UNITY. The Bilderberg members are getting very affraid because of this awakening, this is why they gave the green light for air strikes on Iran, in order to divert attention, and enforce their "dream" of new world order...

Even CFR meetings are talking about this phenomena. Zbigniew Brzezinski in the video link below, is giving the CFR branch in Montreal a presentation discussing world government and his fears of the mass global awakening that has taken place.
Youtube vid

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I think TPTB just don't give a sh*t about us full stop. All the information you could ever want is available to prove 9/11 was done by TPTB and yet no one is willing to do anything about it.

Did anything happen about the Apache massacre? NO, did anything happen as a consequence of breaking the Geneva Convention? for those who live under rocks or are unaware, the USA is openly kidnapping and torturing innocent civilians, NO, did anything happen when the CIA were caught shipping four tons of coc aine to the USA on one of its private jets? NO. Does ANYTHING ever happen to the USA that it does not do to itself? NO

So Assange is not safe, and will be killed. If he is not killed, then he is part of the game and working as a DisInfo agent for TPTB.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

You are correct , his arrival at the Parliament was co-ordinated well in advance .

The U.S. would surely have known about it in advance , as well .

Besides , TPTB would not have to kill him , as everyone is supposing . They could legally detain him for questioning .

None of this is adding up .

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

Just like cnn interviewing bin laden(tim osman), while every intelligence agency in the world was allegedly hot on his trail and couldn't locate him?

Assange could be the most wanted man in the world and they would find him if he were indeed wanted. That just kind of points to him being an asset of some sort. But its really hard to say. The counterintelligence guys are masters.

Slowly releasing the truth will probably just desensitze the public at large and simply confirm what most buffs already suspected. Most people could care less, sadly.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Let's see what laws are enacted due to this Julian Assange character.

Then we'll see his purpose. Hindsight is 20/20.

I predict internet regulation in the name of national security.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dfens

Yea , I'm sorry to say , but I'm starting to think along these lines as well .

I'm hoping it isn't true , but he could very well be one of their many assets . As you say , they are indeed masters at these games of deception .

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by againuntodust
Let's see what laws are enacted due to this Julian Assange character.

Then we'll see his purpose. Hindsight is 20/20.

I predict internet regulation in the name of national security.

Why would that come because of him?... Like they can't tell who's communicating with who. They'll regulate the internet in the name of national security, not because of Assange, but because of the spread of ideas and information (just like what's going on right here).

It's hard to regulate such a big expanse such as the internet, but TPTB know the end location of any potential leak (Wikileaks) so if they really wanted to, I think they'd be able to track any leak or put an end to the site completely.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Portugoal]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

Exactly .

I think it is currently being described as the internet 'kill-switch' .

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewTB
Perhaps Assange is collaborating with foreign goverment's as a means of harming diplomatic relationships.

Right because usually the U.S. govt. is so diplomatic

Originally posted by AndrewTB
There so many people that want to see the USA fall to pieces that it wouldn't amaze me!

Yes this is true
Specifically the U.S. Govt.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join