It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to get the oil out of the water

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Well as I was checking the recent posts on Ats I saw a thread. The thread was titled...
"Deep-Water banned sending ripples through Houston"

This thread, located at this link www.abovetopsecret.com... inspired me of a way to separate the oil from the water.

Sound Waves

I wanted to use sound waves to separate oil and water. You see as the waves go through any medium, such as the water and the oil, they affect the medium.

Since there is a different in densities of the oil and the water then the oil and water should be fluctuating differently with the power of each sound wave. So we can use sound waves to separate them and keep the oil in a secluded place and possibly pump it back to an oil collection bay at the surface of the water.

Just a thought I had. Anyone care to comment?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Gentill Abdulla

Get a working model together and demonstate here on video.
2nd line..

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by rangersdad

The best I can do is get some oil and some water and put it next to 2 speakers. Then turn on the speakers as high as I can. I can record the events, but as I said again that's the best I can do.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
No offense and not meant to necessarily derail this, but shouldnt we work on sealing the rift before we start cleaning it up?

As for your idea after the fact, I would be interested to see how well it would work. Are you considering the soundwaves as a sort of filter? Say, as the water and oil are sucked up out of the ocean, use the soundwaves to hold back the oil while the less dense water pours back into the ocean?

Have you taken into account the effect soundwaves of the level needed to clean up millions of gallons of oil would have on the ocean floor, remaining ocean life, constructs, etc?

Good to see people thinking about a solution. I just pose queries to help you refine your thought.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by wheresthetruth
No offense and not meant to necessarily derail this, but shouldnt we work on sealing the rift before we start cleaning it up?

As for your idea after the fact, I would be interested to see how well it would work. Are you considering the soundwaves as a sort of filter? Say, as the water and oil are sucked up out of the ocean, use the soundwaves to hold back the oil while the less dense water pours back into the ocean?

Have you taken into account the effect soundwaves of the level needed to clean up millions of gallons of oil would have on the ocean floor, remaining ocean life, constructs, etc?

Good to see people thinking about a solution. I just pose queries to help you refine your thought.

I think we should. Yes they are kind of like a filter when you put it that way.

Yes, which is why you need a lot of power to continuously power the sound waves but it is still easier than making a big net to do it.

I haven't thought of what it would do to the animals though, and that is the main problem I have had so far.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Use progressive Jazz that's enough to make anyone run away!
second line of text reserved for a witty comment.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
If BP would announce that they'll pay those "coon asses" $500.00/bbl for everything thay pick up and deliver, you wouldn't need anything fancy they'll being using mops and buckets with a little incentive. Of course half what they buy will be produced on shore, but it will still get more out of the water than they are getting now.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by rangersdad

I did and it was a success.I will be uploading the video any moment now.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

cool, i'm waiting on seeing it. should be interesting
I hope you tried different frequencies.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost147

cool, i'm waiting on seeing it. should be interesting
I hope you tried different frequencies.

I just made a thread about it. Here is the link...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I sent you a reply on the thread you posted above re the steps & video...I hope you will check it out cause I'm not sure if it's ok to copy & paste on here...I'm new.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

Check I replied and sent you a u2u telling you I replied.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

You can see that this creates a kind of whirlpool effect from the sound waves and the arrangements of the speakers.I would like to mention that this process does need to be continuous.

If BP decides that they are going to use the sound wave filter it would look something like this drawing I drew of what I think the filter should look like....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c83420d9c1cc.jpg[/atsimg]

So now that you guys know feel free to post any questions comments conundrums, concerns, or queries that you may have.

I am also accepting possible solutions to problems that I may have in this design plan.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Well I was about to say this on the other thread.

the lame.dll file allows you to export mp3 files from audacity for cd. Or, you can use the computer with the speakers plugged in.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Have you tried using Black Sabbath's "music" instead? It seems apprpiate after all since the oil is supposedly "black."

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by rangersdad

Have you tried using Black Sabbath's "music" instead? It seems apprpiate after all since the oil is supposedly "black."

Nope. But my mom told me to stop doing it because it makes a lot of noise and the neighbors might start complaining.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Kevin Costners company has already done it and supposedly BP is going to us 30 or so ships. there is also this:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Keep on doing what your doing. Experiment away. The best way to learn is through experience.
Look for a tone generator for your computer and try out different freqs'.

Try using motor oil.

top topics

join