It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran cleric issues fatwa against dogs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Iran cleric issues fatwa against dogs

TEHRAN - A senior Iranian cleric has decreed dogs are "unclean" and should not be kept as pets — a move aimed at discouraging Western-style dog ownership in the Islamic state, a newspaper reported on Saturday. Dogs are considered "unclean" under Islamic tradition but, while relatively rare in Iran, some people do keep them as pets. By issuing a fatwa — a religious ruling — Grand Ayatollah Naser Makarem Shirazi has sent a clear message that this trend must stop.

See the rest of the story here

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
hey aren't dogs created by Allah/God I mean it's not good when pi$$ing the Creator

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

They beleive that they are fine in their natural habitat, but they are "unclean" and not good to have around people. It is stated in multiple Hadith that dogs can interrupt prayer and it was also stated that angels would not go around them. So having them in your house would cause problems by their beliefs.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Wait til the muslims have declared EVERYTHING unclean except them, their breeder wives for their army, and their underaged boys for sex.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Dogs are supposed to be mankind's best friend. Just don't eat dogs or kill them for no reason.

Technically, dogs have worms. Yuch. So that makes them unclean.

As for angels not not going near dogs, that's the first I've heard about this. Maybe the `bad angels` won't go near dogs because the dogs can sniff out the `evil` emanating from them.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Whether this was actually said or not, lemme tell you something.
My wife shaves the female common shave areas she also bathes daily, theirs do not I’m sure. That is UNCLEAN.
And as far as dogs, I trust mine a heck of a lot more than any human being.
Dogs and Babies are the only good and clean things left in this world.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
There are some dogs I know that are cleaner than some people.
And they're more trustworthy than many people too.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by NamelessMonster
It is stated in multiple Hadith that dogs can interrupt prayer and it was also stated that angels would not go around them.

It's not because they interrupt prayer or because angels won't go around them. It's because they lick their balls.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Fatwas such as this are why I have no interest in understanding the more extreme teachings of Islam. Period.

People can say it's a dissimilar culture all they want, that I should try to identify and empathize.

If you abuse your religious station to suggest that people shouldn't like dogs then I despise you and the culture you represent.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Legion2112]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Spot on Wylekat! Unfortunately islam will be the religion of the future, you can expect more of these fatwas in the near future with more countries accepting the sharia law.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Originally posted by NamelessMonster
It is stated in multiple Hadith that dogs can interrupt prayer and it was also stated that angels would not go around them.

It's not because they interrupt prayer or because angels won't go around them. It's because they lick their balls.

I spat coke on my monitor from laughing when I read that

It seems like it's just another way for them to be 'total non-comformists' with the western world. Dogs have been used by humans for thousands of years, as companions and working dogs. I wonder what Cesar Milan would have to say about this hehe.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

Narrated Abu Talha: I heard Allah's Apostle saying; "Angels (of Mercy) do not enter a house wherein there is a dog or a picture of a living creature (a human being or an animal)."
Sahih Bukhari 4:54:448,

Narrated Salim's father:

Once Gabriel promised the Prophet (that he would visit him, but Gabriel did not come) and later on he said, "We, angels, do not enter a house which contains a picture or a dog."
Sahih Bukhari 4:54:450

Narrated Ibn Abbas:

Abu Talha, a companion of Allah's Apostle and one of those who fought at Badr together with Allah's Apostle told me that Allah's Apostle said. "Angels do not enter a house in which there is a dog or a picture" He meant the images of creatures that have souls.
Sahih Bukhari 5:59:338

Narrated Abu Talha :

The Prophet said, "Angels do not enter a house in which there is a dog or there are pictures."
Sahih Bukhari 7:72:833

Narrated Salim's father:

Once Gabriel promised to visit the Prophet but he delayed and the Prophet got worried about that. At last he came out and found Gabriel and complained to him of his grief (for his delay). Gabriel said to him, "We do not enter a place in which there is a picture or a dog."
Sahih Bukhari 7:72:843

A'isha reported that Gabriel (peace be upon him) made a promise with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) to come at a definite hour; that hour came but he did not visit him. And there was in his hand (in the hand of Allah's Apostle) a staff. He threw it from his hand and said: Never has Allah or His messengers (angels) ever broken their promise. Then he cast a glance (and by chance) found a puppy under his cot and said: 'A'isha, when did this dog enter here? She said: BY Allah, I don't know He then commanded and it was turned out. Then Gabriel came and Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said to him: You promised me and I waited for you. but you did not come, whereupon he said: It was the dog in your house which prevented me (to come), for we (angels) do not enter a house in which there is a dog or a picture.
Sahih Muslim 24:5246

Abu Talha reported Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) having said: Angels do not enter a house in which there is a dog or a picture.
Sahih Muslim 24:5249

Abu Talha reported: I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Angels do not enter the house in which there is a dog or a statue.
Sahih Muslim 24:5250

Narrated 'Aisha: The things which annul the prayers were mentioned before me. They said, "Prayer is annulled by a dog, a donkey and a woman (if they pass in front of the praying people)."
Sahih Bukhari 1:9:490

I would hope that this is not taken as me trying to insult the beliefs of Muslims, I am not trying to make fun of anyone with these. I am just trying to make a point clear that there are many references for this law.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by NamelessMonster]

[edit on 22-6-2010 by NamelessMonster]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by NamelessMonster

For allah says"it is wrong to lay with dogs but you may sleep with camels" holy koran book of crap!!

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

That's a rather extreme move.

Yes dogs are unclean but the Iranians/Persians have had them for many hundreds possibly thousands of years.

I am just trying to make a point clear that there are many references for this law.

Thank you. I'm not familiar with their lore. There certainly seems to be at least a precedent for this.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
dogs are dirty in so many ways. they lick their balls then lick you're face, they have worms and some release crap out of their mouth when they breath.

in iraq we are allowed to have them as guards which is perfectly fine as long as you feed it well and treat it well. but never inside the house!

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget

For allah says"it is wrong to lay with dogs but you may sleep with camels" holy koran book of crap!!

it doesnt say that anywhere in the quran.
it doesnt say that anywhere in a muslim hadith.

why do you think its right to lay with dogs? from you're comment it seems like you're more than a dog lover.

you're comment is no more than an attack filled with hate.

sex with any animal is not right, stop laying with them!

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
Wait til the muslims have declared EVERYTHING unclean except them, their breeder wives for their army, and their underaged boys for sex.

Yeah, and nothing says "fresh scent" like the smell of a sweaty, stinky Muslim.

[edit on 6/22/2010 by pjslug]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie
dogs are dirty in so many ways. they lick their balls then lick you're face, they have worms and some release crap out of their mouth when they breath.

in iraq we are allowed to have them as guards which is perfectly fine as long as you feed it well and treat it well. but never inside the house!

Humans have much more bacteria in their mouths than dogs do. Do your homework.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie

Not all dogs have balls to lick...
Dogs don't have to lick your face...
My dogs don't have worms or fleas because they get a monthly treatment to prevent that...
I don't know what you mean about them breathing out crap, but at least they only breathe it rather then speaking it like a lot of people around here do.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
This way of thinking seems to be perpetuated myth. Not sure why these individuals have zeroed in on these magnificent creatures God gave us and that we have refined.

My dogs live IN MY HOUSE. Thank you so much. They go to the groomers for baths and haircuts, wouldn't know what a flea is, and certainly don't have worms.

They get checked at the VETS for anything like that, and are kept clean and healthy.

As far as the testicle licking. Who cares? It's just another part of their body they lick to keep clean. They have natural antibiotics in their mouths, just so you'll know. Men have testicles, and so do dogs.
It's just nature, friend. Nothing to fear.

I don't think an Angel would mind visiting my home at all. I think they might like it here, and would probably smile at my dogs, who would delight them, as they do everyone.

They are such loving, honest creatures. Humans would do well to aspire to be more like them.

[edit on 6/22/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join