It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC car bomb suspect pleads guilty, calls it 'war'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

NYC car bomb suspect pleads guilty, calls it 'war'

news.yahoo.com

"One has to understand where I'm coming from," Shahzad calmly replied. "I consider myself ... a Muslim soldier."
The 30-year-old described his effort to set off a bomb in an SUV he parked in Times Square on May 1, saying he chose the warm Saturday night because it would be crowded with people he could injure or kill. He said he conspired with the Pakistan Taliban, which provided more than $15,000 to fund his operation."It's a war. I am part of the answer to the U.S. terrorizing the Muslim nation.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I guess we all figured he'd say such statements... If he wanted to make a statement, he should have had the truck packed and drove it into a local AirForce Base and tried his luck there.

Millions will be spent for his trial... He will spend many years in a max security prison for many years with the cost of 80k a year for his cell/area and then he will be put to death.

*sigh*

NATO needs to come home.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I can only assume that similar attacks are on the way.

The threat of terrorism is all too real.

Obama is going soft.

He needs to do things the "Bush" way, and start another war.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
The Flizzle bomb was done by the same people who set up the underwear bomber, He was a patsy. Bloomberg was asking for more money for Homeland Secutiry within 24 hours. -- False Flag.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Undertaker

He needs to do things the "Bush" way, and start another war.

Yeah that makes complete sense. Kill more people, make people angry, so they kill more of YOUR people.

Why would you want that?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
This "solder" should face the shooting squad.

XL5

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
$15,000 and thats all he could do? IMO thats how the govt uses money, $14,900 to pocket and the rest is just to say you tried. A $200 laser point could pose more of a threat in the WRONG hands. Really, terrorists did 911 with less.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
What did we expect?

We're killing those people like it's going out of style.

US Soldiers were averaging 200 000 rounds fired (you read the right) per immediate kill.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by invalidcookie
The Flizzle bomb was done by the same people who set up the underwear bomber, He was a patsy.

Agreed on the Patsy thing.

This guy was either that or totally incompetent (probably why he was picked for the patsy role).

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I wasn't being 100% serious.

Sarcastic, more so.

However, I do believe, in order for things to change for the better, there needs to be another World War.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
If this is war, the pathetic Muslim extremist, "army," needs better recruits than this incompetent boob. Just another loser trying to make himself important.

Good luck in prison, dimwit. You will soon be served up as a virgin.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by Avamarguy]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Some of the headlines today...

Is it me or does seem like gotham city type stuff..

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Avamarguy

Or if it is war, more boobs as incompetent as this need to be recruited. It minimises loss of innocent life.

I wonder who told him he was a Muslim soldier? Training camps? Friends? Basement demons?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Like many of the other, "soldiers," in that so called army, he was a miserable failure in life and desperately wanted to be relevant. He will soon be very relevant to his fellow inmates always willing to welcome new members to the club.

I hope they at least provide him with lubricant.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Eh.. propaganda slant..

"She also pressed him on how he could target U.S. civilians if his goal was to retaliate against U.S. forces, asking of the potential in Times Square that night, "Did you look around to see who they were?" "Well, the people select the government," Shahzad said. "We consider them all the same. The drones, when they hit ..." "

Shahzad is an evil, bad crazy discredited man.. dismiss anything he says as crazy talk.. obviously his hateful radicalized jihad POV isn't accurate, and is most certainly anti-American.

For example, Shahzads criminal terrorist gibberish that: "Until U.S. forces leave Muslim territory, he added, "we will be attacking U.S."" clearly reflects freedom hating Al-Queasy sentiment.. Muslims clearly have no legitimate grounds to be angry with a peace seeking friendly USA... suggestion US/NATO freedom police vacate so called "Muslim territory" is agreeing with an admitted terrorist Shahzad!!... if the liberbushbama 4th reich get their way, it'll be illegal to think "end the bullcrap war" nationalism blasphemy.

Pay no attention to the fact your family is hated and targeted for death by strangers for TWO specific reasons: #1-GOP, #2-DNC.

top topics

join