It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radical Islamist Group Is Returning to Chicago for Major Recruitment Drive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Radical Islamist Group Is Returning to Chicago for Major Recruitment Drive

www.foxnews.com

They're back. A radical Islamist group critics say has links to Al Qaeda is gearing up to host its second annual U.S. recruiting event.

Despite the charged message, the group insists that it advocates change only through nonviolent means.

Terrorism "is not in our dictionary," spokesman Mohammad Malkawi told reporters last year. "We condemn it by all means … From our perspective, our records are clean on this issue."

Phares said Hizb ut-Tahrir's list of alumni -- including confessed 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and Al Qaeda in Iraq's onetime leader, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi -- speaks for itself.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by CanadianDream420]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I'm not sure how to react to this.....

Are they stupid enough to recruit U.S citizens for "work" outside country.. and probably within. Fox news, of course, put a pretty negative spin on this.. but until I find more about this group, I'm cautious about the events turn out and any probable, violent, picketings.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Sorry to be off topic.... but how did you get your signature in the quote too?

At the Marriott really? Well I guess so...

They seem to be peaceful, apart from throwing gays off buildings... well wanting to do it, no evidence they have!

Good thing to keep an eye on though, see how many people actually show up, and how many more show up to protest!

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Republican08]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

It's missing the [ /exnews ] tag near the end.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
They need to be smashed .... hard.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Interesting, they are going to Chicago to recruit members for their group....and who else is from Chicago again, oh thats right, Barack Obama!! I wonder if Obama will be meeting his old friends there in Chicago??

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I don't know why they even bother to make believe that they are not terrorists. After all, Obama and his merry band of thieves are so soft on Islamic terrorists, that it wouldn't matter if they put banners up recruiting terrorists. Obama would defend their right of free speech. It's only the free speech of patriotic Americans that he wants to silence.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
wtf, you want to keep the illegal immigrants from mexico out but you let these guys in?

their modus operandi is to lie to your faces about non-violence!!

top topics

join