It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Going to France and Italy! I have a question..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Ok in November I will be going to Paris, France and Naples, Italy. I am going to see my bf who is getting stationed in Italy with the Navy. I will be there for almost a month. I would love to go visit some ATS style places. I plan on spending an entire day at the Paris Catacombs! I will be in Paris for a week and a half and the rest of the time I will be in Italy.

Any members have any good ideas on places I should visit while there? I will probably doing most of this on my own since my BF will be working and I will do this while he is at work. I will have him do the tourist stuff with me and I will do the ATS style stuff by myself.

I am super excited to finally get to see Paris. I am hoping that maybe something will click in me as to why I have always been so into or obsessed as my family says, with Paris, France. I have want to go there since I was little and I love everything about France. I will probably hug the ground lol I have always wanted to live in Europe too.

I am Sicilian as well and I would like to look up family while I am there and if I get to Germany I will do the same there. I have already had contact with one family member there. He told me if I am ever there I am welcome to dinner.
He is a 3rd uncle I believe on my dad's dad's side. I have been researching my family tree for years and getting to go to Europe is going to help me a lot more I think. My last name is German, but when I looked into it a few years ago and spoke to my dad he said it was originally spelled different and changed later on. Well I had my name looked into and it was traced back to the 1200s as a French spelling and then in the mid 1850s turned to a German spelling and I can't find out why. Hopefully I will get some answers while I am there. This will be a very informative trip for me and I can't wait.

[edit on 6/21/2010 by mblahnikluver]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/26ce55675d67.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

I LOVE that pic! I saved it
I can't wait to go there. I am going to spend and entire day from morning til night at the Eiffel Tower just laying on blanket infront of it reading. I have always wanted to do that.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I will bump this thread on my own until I leave...

Anyone from here in France or Italy?!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Been there many times and still have relatives there along with some property. Both sides are all from Southern Italy if that helps.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Ok so I leave December 15th and I am staying with my bf in Italy. I will go to France if he can get time and we can go otherwise I will wait. I won't go without him.

So I still want to know some cool must see places in and around Naples. I have never been there and I am super excited to see my bf and to see Italy! I have always wanted to go there and now I will be there for three weeks. I will need things to do while he is at work.

Also if you know places I should avoid, that would be great too.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Ok so I'm bumping my own thread since I only have 26/25 days to go depending on where you are on the globe

I will not be going to France like I had planned unless my bf surprises me with a trip there. I will be in Naples for three weeks. I am going to Pompeii, that is a given!!

I just need to know other places I should visit in the area. When he is at work I will hit these places up on my own. I am all for some local on site research! S

Any suggestions! PLEASE!

Also if you live in the Naples area U2U me, it would be cool to meet up!

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

The only advice I can give you about going to Paris is for gods sake learn at least a few French phrases, people will warm to you a lot more if they think you are at least making an effort with the language.

If your into gothicy type things you should go to Père Lachaise cemetery, leave a flower on Jim Morrison's grave for me if you do

As for Naples...

I will try to think of somewhere
edit on 19-11-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
You should check out Fontanelle Cemetery in Naples, It's an ossuary and looks amazingly cool

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f0cf1ac24942.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

The only advice I can give you about going to Paris is for gods sake learn at least a few French phrases, people will warm to you a lot more if they think you are at least making an effort with the language.

If your into gothicy type things you should go to Père Lachaise cemetery, leave a flower on Jim Morrison's grave for me if you do

As for Naples...

I will try to think of somewhere
edit on 19-11-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

AS for France, I said I am not really going there, just Italy. As for getting along in Paris language wise I will be fine. Having been OBSESSED with France my entire life I took many years of French and recently started with the RosettaStone, which btw is AWESOME! If we get to Paris, I will be the one communicating..

Thanks though

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
You should check out Fontanelle Cemetery in Naples, It's an ossuary and looks amazingly cool

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f0cf1ac24942.jpg[/atsimg]

OK that place is noted!! Awesome!! Thanks! This is the stuff I want to see. I am sure my bf has no desire to see this stuff...

He did mention Rome, so we will be going there. I can't wait for that!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

You may also want to go to Pompeii to see the lava-preserved people and animals they have on display from the 70AD eruption. The city itself is also very fascinating as it is nearly perfectly preserved and is almost like an ancient ghost town. It is within a few miles of Naples.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Hi m,

Sorry you won't be making it to Paris, I know you've really wanted to get there for a long time.
Hopefully you and the man can get there on another occasion.

Now about Naples ... I lived in italy (Rome) for many years when I was young but I don't know that there are any ATS related places to visit near Naples. I'm sure there are so I will look into it for you. But honestly, there are so many amazing things to see and do around there that ATS should be the last thing on your mind ... especially with love in the air and stuff.

Take a drive down the Amalfi coast, a boat to Capri for the day, have a walk up Vesuvius and down Pompeii. The countryside is amazing around there, so are the people, the best pizza in the world, and stuff like that.

But I'll look for conspiraceh stuff anyway.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

You may also want to go to Pompeii to see the lava-preserved people and animals they have on display from the 70AD eruption. The city itself is also very fascinating as it is nearly perfectly preserved and is almost like an ancient ghost town. It is within a few miles of Naples.

Pompeii is tops on my list. He has already been there and found it boring lol but me not so much. I'm way more into this kind of stuff than he is. When he is at work I shall hit up Pompeii.

He said Pompeii is about 15mins from him.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Hi m,

Sorry you won't be making it to Paris, I know you've really wanted to get there for a long time.
Hopefully you and the man can get there on another occasion.

I don't know for sure. He won't tell me but I just don't think we are. It has never been mentioned, only months ago when he said he was going there did he mention taking me there when I visit. Many of my friends and even his family seem to think we will go there..Now unless they all know something I dont, we shall see
I would absolutely DIE if he took me there..I mean die right there at the foot of the Eiffel Tower lol

Now about Naples ... I lived in italy (Rome) for many years when I was young but I don't know that there are any ATS related places to visit near Naples. I'm sure there are so I will look into it for you. But honestly, there are so many amazing things to see and do around there that ATS should be the last thing on your mind ... especially with love in the air and stuff.

I wanted to do the ATS related stuff while he was at work, gives me something to do and I love this kind of stuff and since I am gonna be there I figured why not. He and I will do the tourist stuff you could say and I shall do the crazy out there kind of stuff

Take a drive down the Amalfi coast, a boat to Capri for the day, have a walk up Vesuvius and down Pompeii. The countryside is amazing around there, so are the people, the best pizza in the world, and stuff like that.

But I'll look for conspiraceh stuff anyway.

OH that sounds nice and romantic
He has a car so that will be a must. I so want to look at Vesuvius, he can see it from his house, lucky little butt! I might not want to come back! I think I might want to stay

Thanks a lot SD

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

No problem ... in fact I was digging inside the old noodle to remember a place in Italy I had heard of where it is a hotspot for a long standing unexplained phenomena.

Although I did remember it, it is fact in Sicily, probably too far to travel. It's interesting nonetheless ... it happens in a town called Canneto di Caronia. It's a fascinating situation they got going there and I've always wanted to check it out. Even if you can't make it it's worth some web research for curiosity's sake.

eta: en.wikipedia.org...

Ciao!

edit on 29 Nov 2010 by schrodingers dog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
The beautiful city of Naples has a temporary garbage crises! - I heard from an Italian friend that the streets were unfortunately full with garbage/trash AGAIN?

But hopefully they will clean it up in the coming week.

EU To Italy: Clean Up Naples Trash Or Face Fines

ROME — The European Commission warned Italy on Saturday it may face sanctions if it doesn't remove the 2,400 tons of trash that have piled up in the streets of Naples in the country's latest garbage crisis.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Mountains of rubbish return to plague Naples

The streets of Naples are again piled high with stinking rubbish, threatening a public health crisis in the southern Italian city and further ratcheting up the pressure on Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi.

A team of European Union inspectors made the depressing declaration yesterday, as the total amount of uncollected waste in the city appeared to be heading for the 3,600-ton mark by last evening, mirroring a similar crisis that attracted international interest two years ago. "After two years the situation is not very different," said the chief inspector, Pia Bucella, who is a in charge of the European Commission delegation sent to Naples to enforce European rules on waste management. "The refuse is there in the streets, and there is still no plan for treating or recycling it".

www.independent.co.uk...

Okey! good news! I now found this statement from google:

Naples' piles of garbage gone by Christmas: mayor

(AFP) – 1 day ago

ROME — Italy's southern city of Naples will be rid of its piles of garbage by Christmas with the arrival of dump trucks from other regions helping in an intensified clean-up, the mayor's office vowed Sunday.

Uncollected waste has accumulated in the city for weeks, with residents reporting a rise in the numbers of rats, pigeons and seagulls and experts warning of health risks from the rotting rubbish.

A dozen vehicles from Rome were already in the city helping its own dump trucks, said Paolo Giacomelli, the city official in charge of hygiene.

Around 1,600 tonnes of garbage were collected on Saturday and, taking into account new waste produced daily, the amount to still be removed had dropped to 2,680 tonnes from 2,910 tonnes a day earlier, Giacomelli said.

The municipality expected the city centre would be "decent" by next Sunday with an extraordinary clean-up starting Monday to first target tourist areas like the central station, he said.

www.google.com...

That's really good news! hopefully everything will be back to normal before you get there?

Crazy Italians!

edit on 29-11-2010 by Chevalerous because: link added!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Naples is close to Pompeii and Herculaneum, both must sees. If you can get up to Florence, that's a museum city and well worthwhile. Rome has so many cool things you could spend a month there, but especially the Firum and Hadrian's Palace. I was there in January and it snowed, so take some warm clothes just in case.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Naples is close to Pompeii and Herculaneum, both must sees. If you can get up to Florence, that's a museum city and well worthwhile. Rome has so many cool things you could spend a month there, but especially the Firum and Hadrian's Palace. I was there in January and it snowed, so take some warm clothes just in case.

I do know my bf said we will be going to Rome and I will hit up Pompeii and Herculaneum when he is at work. He has other things planned but he wont tell me lol so I don't know where else we are going. I will be there for three weeks and I plan on taking advantage of as many places as I can!!

Wait it SNOWED in Naples?! OMG I would die if it snowed!! I love snow but havent seen it in 26yrs. I will be there til the 6th of January. I checked the weather out and went shopping for some winter clothes. I live in FL and well we don't really have winter so winter clothes such as sweaters and jackets are not in my wardrobe lol

Thanks SD! I would love to make it to Sicily since I am Sicilian
but I am not sure if we will or not. If we do I will check it out but until then it is something i can look up online

new topics

top topics

join