It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You ever find that you don't recall posting something?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

That happens, but i call it "losing my train of thought".

If i am deeply in thought and typing, and my thoughts are interrupted, i find that i have to completely start over again, or it is disjointed.

Sometimes, if you read something i typed and it seems to be nonsensical, that is the likely culprit.

A few times my coworkers or friends will give me a quote that i like. When i ask them who said it, they tell me that i did. I was, for example, explaining to a current employee that i didn't ever intend to end up doing what i am doing now. I come from a call center background (she worked for me there, too), and when the site closed i had to find another job in another industry as we only had 1 call center and i could not move until my oldest graduated.

but i told her that if i was doing this job i was going to learn it to the best of my ability. I said, "I don't do everything on purpose, but i try to make everything have a purpose", referencing my desire to have it on my resume with continued success, and not allow myself to stand still professionally, even if that is how it seems initially.

So now she has this quote that she keeps telling everyone i said. I barely remember saying it, but it certainly sounds like my frame of mind.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
OK, so with all the ATS members who talk about psychic things, or "channeling higher energy"....no one has any input that could be of help?

I have been pondering this more and more...

...when i drive it is the same mental state. I am unconsciously aware. For example, i drove from a store to my house on lunch. I remember getting in the car, but once i started driving it was mostly "autopilot". I vaguely remember a left turn, but really nothing much else except when i was "snapped to" by seeing a DPS trooper doing a U-turn and putting on his lights in front of me. How i got from the store to that point was only remembered by that 1 left turn. I have often noticed that i drive on "autopilot", until something that my conscious mind needs to deal with comes up.

I had mentioned to another member that i cannot meditate because i tend to just fall asleep. Am i misinterpreting here? Is this basically a meditative state? Do i see meditation as being on the same path as sleep, when it should be a separate path entirely?

I am interested in other thoughts to help me work through my own here.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

OMG actually yes, I have, but I thought I was going senile,

I haven't read the thread, I will and get back with you.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
the weirdness of it is when i read and posts.It makes me think while working and i come up with this thread in my head but when i come home someone already did the thread
If some nasty agents would want to run us they could.
edit

It gives other poeples ideas

[edit on 24-6-2010 by SSimon]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

I sometimes find I have the problem of forgetting the post before I post it.

Wait, that has happened to me.

Or have you ever woke up in the morning with some specific topic you want to address and there it is already posted, for you to respond to?

For me it is usually of a spiritual nature.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I remember getting in the car, but once i started driving it was mostly "autopilot".

YUp all the time, it has actually terrified me when I snap out if it while I am driving down the street.

Or say you are going home and find yourself headed the wrong direction,

then you snap out of it and your like, WTF where am I going?

Maybe we are just spiritual beings have human experiences after all, and every once and a while we slip back over to the other side.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

I remember getting in the car, but once i started driving it was mostly "autopilot".

YUp all the time, it has actually terrified me when I snap out if it while I am driving down the street.

Or say you are going home and find yourself headed the wrong direction,

then you snap out of it and your like, WTF where am I going?

Maybe we are just spiritual beings have human experiences after all, and every once and a while we slip back over to the other side.

Kind of off topic, but an idea someone else shared with me (and it surprised me, because he is a "fundie" Christian) is that our "soul" is all the same. It is the Godhead emanating into us individually. We have no individual personality beyond this reality. The difference in our personalities here has more to do with the interface between brain, mind, and soul. Of course, i see mind and soul as one and the same...but this idea is interesting to consider.

You would remember Orion used to always say "we are multi faceted beings". Perhaps he is right, and each facet actually represents us, with the actual gem being the Godhead, the Creator?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join