It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You ever find that you don't recall posting something?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
This thread is very impromptu, but it needs to be done now while i am fresh on the idea.

Franspeakfree posted a concept regarding higher states of consciousness during a meditative state. This struck a chord with me, as i was just discussing this today with a coworker.

Often i find posts that i have made in the past, and i have no recollection of ever writing it. The stuff that is the most insightful is often the stuff that i have no recollection of. Most often, the more stars it has, the less i remember about it. I am ashamed to admit.

Does this happen to other people? It would seem that, according to what Franspeakfree said, i am not alone.

When i am online and reading, i get in a place that i am not disturbed. I don't like having my reading time interrupted, and get highly agitated (more than i would like, actually....it isn't a normal response to get agitated by occasional interruptions). I concentrate deeply on things, and often will realize that i have laid there wasting an hour on just staring into nothingness and contemplating various things. Sometimes i easily recall it, sometimes i find that i was contemplating something deep enough that i cannot easily encapsulate it and carry it with me. I often try to ponder at the edge of my mind, where i can only intermittently comprehend what it is i am doing, and i often have to start over due to being at the limits of my intellect.

But this is different. This isn't as much like a meditative state as it is just something that occurs to me. I type about 85 words per minute (and don't bother to fix most mistakes), so i can type almost as fast as i can congnise thought (if that is a word, and if that word is spelled correctly).

So, how many others here find that, for all intents and purposes, they have "channeled" writings in their postings on ATS?

(I use the term "channeled" loosely, as i cannot describe where it comes from when it is coming to quickly and i cannot recall actually conceiving the thought on my own).

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
No. I don't have that problem.

But now the door is open for any one who makes a false prediction (and thats pretty much everyone who makes a prediction) to just say that they didn't remember posting it. Strangeways here we come....

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Yes, it happens to me. I've gone back to threads that I've participated in and have read some posts and thought, "I wrote that?"

I have read that when writing/typing we can easily channel our higher self or our higher dimensional self. We may draw the information we are typing, straight from this dimension of our self. And then we snap back 'in' and don't even realize what happened.

It's is quite odd, isn't it? Walking in both worlds.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
No. I always remember what I post. Even when I'm sleep-posting.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Yeah, it sometimes happen to me, almost everyday after an evening with too much Whiskey. Next Day i'm always baffled about all the things i did on that evening

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
No. I always remember what I post. Even when I'm sleep-posting.

lmao

OMG !!!!
the OP's mind has been hijacked
quick .... call Homeland Security!!!
Crap, nevermind .....
they couldn't find an Illegal
in a room full of Mexicans.

maybe we should call ghostbusters !!!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

All the time mate
I get seriously confused about some of the posts around the internet i write.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Yikes! A couple of weeks ago I was reading an older thread, and I tried to star a post, and couldn't. A page or two later, tried starring another post and couldn't. I thought something was wrong with my computer!

......Until I came across my own post.

It was sorta funny though...the posts I wanted to star this go-round were the ones I'd already starred last time.

At least I know what I like!

But yeah, it was creepy.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Oh yes. I even started a similar thread once....

you know your getting older on ats when...

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I have this happen to me but I don't see the channeling part. I get into a different state of mind and I can block out pretty much any background noise but sometimes people interrupt me and I get really annoyed. I find that if I have to stop reading something and then I go back to reading it, I am not as interested. I wait til I am in that state again and then go back to it. It's like it breaks the thought process I have going on. I have read posts that I didn't remember and sometimes I am surprised at me reply. I think to myself, I said that?

I have always been a reader and I read all the time. I will get into some topics and completely lose track of time. I lost about 2 hrs today reading the Untersberg thread lol I got interrupted by a knock on my door so I will have to go back to it later, cause now I am not just feeling it. It will come back, it always does.

[edit on 6/21/2010 by mblahnikluver]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Yes it definitely happens.

Actually I did this the other day and started a thread I normally wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. I woke the next morning going
What?

At least if you find that your in a good place while doing this I'd go with it and not worry.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger
No. I don't have that problem.

But now the door is open for any one who makes a false prediction (and thats pretty much everyone who makes a prediction) to just say that they didn't remember posting it. Strangeways here we come....

Anyone who would give any time of their life to even pondering such predictions as a bigger fool than the one who makes them.

But i don't think i made myself very clear. This isn't just memory loss. This is something different. It is like i go back and reread the stuff and find that it has far more insight than I have. It shows more wisdom than i have.

I am no dimwit, mind you. But i often find posts that i wrote that are beyond what i thought myself capable of.

Listen, i am fairly humble. I certainly think less of myself than the people I know apparently think of me, as I am shown great love by the people I surround myself with (and i repay it, as i am grateful due to not being worthy). I seek humility in my life as a spiritual measure that is constantly at the forefront of my mind.

Having said that, i find that sometimes i post things that, to me, seem brilliant sometimes. I don't recall that brilliance, and it certainly isn't a part of my daily life (although i am successful in what i do because of some natural ability to conceptualize systems). It is like a bolt of lightning out of nowhere.

I am not being facetious here. I am asking seriously, for anyone with a serious response. If your response is not so serious, it is always still welcome as i like humor, too.
But i really would like to see if anyone else experiences this. Like a piece of insight that suddenly hits you from "above" or something.

It is part of a bigger formulation. But i need to quantify it a little bit better than just my own, abstract perception.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by theability

At least if you find that your in a good place while doing this I'd go with it and not worry.

It seems to work for me, until i come across something posted under my name, but not in my memory of ever saying.

I have never been "warned" on ATS, only had 1 post removed (1 liner), so i follow rules and have no issue with that.

Sometimes i get ignored in a heated debate. But it seems to work other than that.

I am not a good thread author. I just can't find enough time to do topics justice like others do. So i participate by posting in other peoples threads.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I experience the same thing...

I recently did a whole search on a topic for a thread ending up with a link to to an existing thread A thread I read and flagged.

And what you describe as well...

However...I'm a slow typer and my thoughts are often so far ahead that when I look at my writing I forget where I was.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

It seems to work for me, until i come across something posted under my name, but not in my memory of ever saying.

I have never been "warned" on ATS, only had 1 post removed (1 liner), so I follow rules and have no issue with that.

I hear what you are saying, maybe it is a connection on your own astral plane.

I find that when I write, sometimes there is a kind of aura about me, in this "area" I sometimes come back and say hey that makes complete sense, yet I never could understand where the insight had come from.

The universe is a mysterious place.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I remember every post, usually.

I get in trouble, however, when I post under the influence (PUI).

The most memorable/forgetful PUI incident just so happens to be here: www.belowtopsecret.com...

Enjoy!

-Dev

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd
I remember every post, usually.

I get in trouble, however, when I post under the influence (PUI).

The most memorable/forgetful PUI incident just so happens to be here: www.belowtopsecret.com...

Enjoy!

-Dev

RE: that thread....the first rule of fight club is you don't talk about fight club. Keep that in mind with any advice you recieve from any male, and you likely will do better.

Most "ladies men" are only playing the odds. Ask 100 chicks, you will get turned down a lot....but you will still get 1 or 2 no matter how homely and sorry you are.

But quantity vs quality...that is the key. Look at me...15 years married and so madly in love that i still get butterflies in my stomach. Lucky guy, i sure am.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
What seems to be the problem of nowadays is that people tend to forget major news stories and discard them as lies if you bring them up a few years down the line.

Even on sites like ATS people don't dig deeper once they have some "evidence" of foul play by governments or companies.

As if the collective memory is erased from time to time. Even the internet seems to "forget"

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I sometimes find I have the problem of forgetting the post before I post it. It gets so bad I forget all I wrote before the sentence I am currently writing, which I suspect is why I sometimes come off as incoherent. Then I start forgetting by the letters, which I thank God for spellcheck to pull me out of my stupor, or "meditative" state if you will. I am not sure what the deal is with that because I am always sober when I am posting in this site...not so much because I want to be sober, just can't afford my brand of opiate, so I choose sobriety. Wait...what was I talking about? Have I posted this yet? Crap! I keep forgetting to hit the reply button, and I guess that means you all are paying the price for this over long paragraph...wait...what was I talking about? Oh crap! I sure hope I forget this post.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join