It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

vaginal bacteria act as babys first inoculation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trudge
reply to post by Muckster

What if the mother has herpes and has an outbreak when the child is being born, or some other type of sexual transmitted disease that the child would then get as he left the mothers body?

Like i said in the OP... i am not asking for a ban on Caesareans... If there is any risk to the mother or baby that a Caesarean would prevent then of course go with that...

I am talking about healthy women with no complications.

Thanks.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by Muckster]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I'm a mother of two...and I had them both by C-section. I'd have to say I would have preferred natural birth. However, my daughter decided she wanted to be born on the 4th of July instead of August 11th. She was breach and the DOCTORS decided I needed an emergency C-section, instead of waiting to see if she'd turn or not. The second birth was a scheduled C-section because they told me I couldn't do a natural birth after having the C-section with my daughter. Wish I would have known better back then...
C-sections mess you up.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ventessa
I'm a mother of two...and I had them both by C-section. I'd have to say I would have preferred natural birth. However, my daughter decided she wanted to be born on the 4th of July instead of August 11th. She was breach and the DOCTORS decided I needed an emergency C-section, instead of waiting to see if she'd turn or not. The second birth was a scheduled C-section because they told me I couldn't do a natural birth after having the C-section with my daughter. Wish I would have known better back then...
C-sections mess you up.

I'm really sorry to hear that... and i think that it’s horrible that they lied to you in that way

This is exactly what I’m talking about... So called experts who do not give woman ALL the facts in order to push the woman down a path that is more convenient for the medical staff, but not necessarily better for the woman and her baby.

In Britain we have a thing called V-BAC (Vaginal Birth After Caesarean) and i'm sure that there must be something similar in the USA.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by Muckster]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster

In Britain we have a thing called V-BAC (Vaginal Birth After Caesarean) and i'm sure that there must be something similar in the USA.

VBACs are here too, you just have to find a health care provider who will allow it. Some hospitals outright ban VBACs. In my state (Utah) you can have a midwife attended VBAC at home
It depends on where you live and the local laws.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join