It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't participate anymore....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Hello ATS,

I've decided that I can't participate anymore in blogs, forums, or any online 'political' discussion.

I've had enough and it's making me literally sick. It is my opinion that the world and more specifically America, is being run over by forces so powerful and intelligent that there is no 'cure' for the cancer anywhere on the horizon.

I could list all my grievances line by line, and fill this whole page...and that's the problem.

I DO think that online discussion and news has slowed down TPTB. I believe that online forums like this HAVE stalled efforts and brought light to issues that would have gone unseen. So I don't believe it is useless. But in the overall picture, I feel that for every 'victory' or exposure, one or two pop up in it's place.

I feel that 'they' have us all beat. I know it's a defeatist attitude, but I personally can't do it anymore.

I guess there have been many threads like this where people say "I've had enough". It's sort of cliche? But I've had enough honestly.

I have a business to run and positive things I want to do. I'm going to ignore it all and just live my life the best way I can. I can't be 'happy' knowing what I know and always reading of our impeding doom or my country's/planet's implosion.

I think America will suffer GREATLY in the next few months/years. I feel we are about to be flushed down the toilet in a very bad way.

I think we have a populace that is too apathetic STILL, which is unreal to me. And those of us that 'know', research, study, write, blog, talk...can only do so much. On top of it, there are so many people split in different directions, that nobody is even on the same page while KNOWING something is wrong. Too many splinter groups so to speak.

I thought there was a chance to turn it around, but I'm afraid that most of what we say online is just noise, and it keeps us distracted, keeps us in our homes, keeps us glued to the keyboard. And I don't see how that can be 'effective' against forces in the REAL world.

Anyways, I hope most of you who see through the corruption and lies will make it through to the other side of this. I hope you survive at least if (when) something truly horrific happens.

Good luck peeps.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I think it is likely that the day will come in my lifetime when people realize the democratic process is not working for them. People may realize that voting, peaceful discussions, and peaceful protests are all futile unless a person has large amounts of money to buy off politicians. When this day comes, it may be one of the greatest or one of the most tragic days in the history of America.

We cannot give up hope in the democratic process, however. We cannot let the country go to violent anarchy without giving peace a chance. Speak out and let your voice be heard. Find like minded people and band together.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I think taking a break and just taking care of yourself and your business is a great idea. When elections or local referendums come up do your research and go vote then forget about it and just live your life the best you can. This is not the ideal forum for politics...tends to be more a scream-fest of extremists and the completely uninformed, IMO, so I wouldn't judge the political climate or the ability to engage in civil discussions from this forum alone.

Enjoy your life!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I know that other members have left for the same reasons. I try very hard to keep a balance in my life. It isn't easy. Sometimes I am overwhelmed and filled with dread. Other times someone will come along with inspiration, a different prospective and renew my hope.

I spend as much time as I can with family and friends, also allowing enough 'me' time. Time to be out in nature, read a great book, see a great movie, make jewelry or spend time with another creative endeavor.

I am sorry that you will be leaving and wish you well. Maybe in time, you will decide to return to us.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Prove_It_NOW

My friend the lawyerly mint is correct. You cannot give up hope, but you cannot allow this to make you sick either. Take a break if need be, but do not stop fighting the good fight. Hotpinkurinalmint is right on the money that we cannot allow this to go down the road of violent revolution, when velvet revolutions are so much better and recent history has shown us they are effective as well. You have seen your efforts, combined with others make a difference. Take a well deserved break and come back fresh and strong, and help us fight this fight in the best way possible.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Take a break recharge and come back later? We have to balance the negative with the positive. No need to leave permanently, just don't spend so much time here and focus more on positive things too for balance. Spend time with family friends and loved ones too. There is still a lot of beauty and good people in the world. The vast majority of people are basically good and just want to be left alone to live their lives as they please.

TPTB want us to feel defeated and overwhelmed and give up the quest for a better world. Remember evil triumphs when good men do nothing. That doesn't mean you have to do everything it just means to do what you can. Any ways to each his own hope to see you back from time to time.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
well I for one hate to see you go
but I understand why your doing it.
Time to recharge the batteries so to speak.
There isn't too much I can say that hasn't
been said already but just know that
you have a home and friends here
when your batteries get recharged

We need ya on the front lines
so don't get too comfortable
back there !!!!! lol

later

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
People may realize that voting, peaceful discussions, and peaceful protests are all futile unless a person has large amounts of money to buy off politicians.

And why is it that "WE" cannot become the politicians we seek?

This is the contradiction that continues to confound me. We all say that we cannot trust the politicians we have elected; yet we continue to elect the same type of politican time after time. We all complain that our elected officials are bought off by the "Big Money" interests; yet we seem loathe to vote in anyone who Isn't backed by a multimillion dollar political campaign machine.

Where is the logic here?

Is every single person elected to office, by virtue of that fact alone, automatically corrupt?

Or are we just too stupid too recognize that we actually prefer to elect corrupt people to office?

Or maybe it is just that none of us are worthy and noble enough to serve our fellow citizens without regard to personal agrandizement.

And if that is the case, then maybe it's better that we as a species do the rest of the planet a favor and speed our own extermination.

Or do the hard thing and Grow the ***! Up!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I can relate. I have taken breaks from this forum, and they were very refreshing.

But I returned yet again to see when it's gonna end. And it is always gonna end in a few months.

These days I do my best to stay out of the emotions. And getting a grip on any fears you may still have, helps.

Good luck out there!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Hey There,

some of the constant doom and gloom gets to me too.
If one third of the stuff on this site is true, it would be pretty depressing.
Gives you a kinda sick feeling . But we can't go back to 'Ignorance is Bliss"
ever again unfortunately. How about this request, you take a break from this
site and others like it for a given period of time, and when you get some
great news, come back and post it to balance out negative stuff. Also,
let us know if there is a general improvement in your well being/happiness.
It would be an interesting experiment.
All the best, Wildmanimal

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Yeah what he said was spot on.
You can still fight the fight while doing good plant a garden, it will feed you as well as saving money you will be nuturing nature, that always feels good. plus it is good for you.
But to fully step away is akin to taking the pill. if you think you know how things are and take the pill it will never fully set in and you have too many what ifs.
So take a bit of time off chill abit but continue to fight the good fight for yourself.
Be good to yourself and others.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I tend to agree. Outside of the occasional looking at the alien forums I am done here. Although not necessarily for the same reasons. The overriding amount of bigots, racists and trolls from both sides of the isle are becoming too much. The anti Israel, Palestinian, Democrat, Republican, American, European, White, Black, Brown,Purple, Yellow BS has taken over these boards and i for one am sick of it. Nothing can be posted in the Breaking News section without the general onslaught of hatred and bigotry. And we have had an abnormal amount of fairly new users sign up to spew thier garbage. And aside from an occassional admonition from SO or the staff nothing is done. Enjoy your cesspool...I am done. Regards.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
There must be a flock of energy vampires that have invaded ATS. They don’t seem to give a crap about this site or its the members as they use it for their spit, vomit and excrement. You can only swim so far in all this foul goo!

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

Tell me about it!
The Ufo/Alien, Paranormal, Science sections are the only place remaining that give this site some "Above-top-secret" credibility ironically. But even there you got your high-jackers.
Like I said, one can only swim so far in so much crap.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bhadhidar
Is every single person elected to office, by virtue of that fact alone, automatically corrupt?

Before I address that point I should mention the OP is way off base because he has never thought about actual real solutions that seem to be working toward freedom like the Free State Project. They have done so much for the state of New Hampshire it is surprising given there are only 800 movers at this point (but growing fast).

But does a person being elected to office automatically mean corruption? For the most part, yes. Because, when you say "office" what you mean is position where you force others to do things against their will using violence. That is the core purpose of modern politics when you get down to it. The whole idea of politics is that humanity cannot be trusted to "do what is right" and therefore must be forced to do so at gun point.

I split the world into two groups. One group believes government should be nothing more than a way to prevent people from harming each other, mostly by voluntary consent to the system.

The other group (95% of the population apparently) believes government should be a tool to violently conform the world to their moral values because people are naturally bad and selfish, such as telling people at gun point (using extortions of the IRS and other government organizations) how much they have to donate to schools and other charity programs "to better the world".

There are better ways. It surprises me how much Christians support the government for example when Jesus seemed to basically ignore the government. If their main example of how to live didn't involve himself in politics maybe there is a good reason for that! Romans 13 basically defines government as an organization doing good. The United States of America wasn't doing good during the 90% of the time they are in pointless wars, and they still are not now. So, how are they a legitimate government to Christians? They are not! Government is supposed to be by consent! People have long since forgotten that point.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by truthquest]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
yeah mate i took a 2 year break from this site because of all the doom and gloom and as much as they talk about it nothing has changed since i joined. we are all still here more or less. go live your live mate enjoy the sunshine. we will all be dead soon enough no point worrying about it daily. which causes stress and that WILL kill you sooner. trust me im going to be 33 soon and i dont look it all because i dont let it get to me.

best of luck to you sir may your every desire come true but 1 so you will always have something to strive for.

good bye

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
There is a very thin line between being forewarned about any coming SHTF scenario and depression. I am glad you have recognised how you feel and doing something about it, taking a break, is in itself a very positive step.

As ATS members we cant alter any future underhand events, but as individuals we can take the information and use it to our advantage in preparing for and with our family`s and loved ones.

I myself, at times, am overcome by frustration due to lack of action. My solution is to get involved in the real world activities of those who are out there not only typing a good fight, but also demonstrating, speaking out in the written media or even refusing their money grabbing statute robbery.

I wish you well and respect your ability to know when to say enough for whatever reason. May your recharging be quick and your return swift.

Respects

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Insightful post...star & flag.

As a past POTUS once said, "I feel your pain."

I too feel we are all doomed from time to time. Certainly, we are in a battle we may not win. Certainly, we face an enemy who is crafty and evil. The negativeity that such a situation creates is grand on the nerves, indeed.

I wish you well in your attempt to regain control of a semblance of normality in your life. You have the understanding you have acquired here regarding TPTB. This will be a valuable tool to use in that regard.

I intend to continue on here for a while longer in the strugle against evil. Maybe I can offer you a different perspective. My depression is helped greatly by the knowledge that, in the end, God is in control and He will eventually win.

He has told us, "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." Ephesians 6:12 KJV Our enemy's time is limited. Our enemy will fail.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by romanmel]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Prove_It_NOW

I think everyone in america is already under mind control, its just you do not know it.

I will keep blogging or what ever you call it till i die, about the crimes done to me.

Murderers run society and are all in police and gov just waiting to kill and destroy anyone.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I have never even had the first thought to quiting ATS. I doubt if I ever will
you know why?
Cause I'm a full blown addict. That's right! Ima junkie and I don't just admit it, I claim it as my own. Fiend that's what I am. I'm not just addicted
though. I love this place and it loves me too. So I really don't know if I
should feel bad for you, or admire you for being able to do what's right in your life.
So Guess I will just be happyu for you. and say
Bya con dildo, and take care my one time brother, from a different mother.

Take care and about what time you think you'll be on tomorrow ?

Just think if from this point on all these giant bits of information just started landing in your lap. You'd try to ignore them but they're poping up
everywhere. Then they start following you! Haunting you, even when you sleep !! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! wouldn't that be dramatic?

[edit on 22-6-2010 by randyvs]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join