It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100th Birtday of Konrad Zuse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

100th Birtday of Konrad Zuse

ei.cs.vt.edu

Born June 22, 1910, Berlin-Wilmersdorf; German inventor of pre-war electromechanical binary computer designated Z1 which was destroyed without trace by wartime bombing; developed two more machines before the end of the war but was unable to convince the Nazi government to support his work; fled with the remains of Z3 to Zurich where he developed the Z4 which was successfully used at ETH. Developer of a basic programming system known as "Plankalkül" with which he designed a chess playing program. Education and Experience: By 1927 Konrad Zuse had enrolled at the Technical University in Berlin
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
de.wikipedia.org

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I am not sure, if this should be posted as Breaking News, but I think Zuse's work is pioneer work to everything related to computers, so also to ATS.

No Zuse, no computer, as we know it nowadays - no pc, no internet - no internet, no ATS.

So I think, it is worth, to remember that pioneer.

He is quoted at the German wikipedia with the following words:
"Far too often the inventor is the Faust'ian idealist, who wants to make this world better, but fails on the hard realities. If he wants his ideas to succeed, he has to let himself in with the powerful, who's sense for reality is much sharper and stronger. In these days, such powers - without making a value judgement from my side - are primarily the military and managers. [...] After my experience the chances for the individual, to fight against those, who are in cahoots with each other, are very low."

ei.cs.vt.edu
(visit the link for the full news article)

Maybe his work made us more powerful, than he ever could know.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Siddharta]

new topics

join