It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream*Massive Earthquake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
First up i will say that i dont tell people about my dreams but this one really shook me and i want to put it here as a record in case it happens.I am not trying to scare anyone but felt i had to tell it.
Basically i went to bed around 20:30 last night and woke up at 02:00 after a dream/nightmare about falling rocks which crushed some people.I stayed up until about 04:00 and then went back to sleep when the dream took place
It started i was with a group of people whom i dont know but we were at some sort of meeting.then there was city blackout /lockdown and everyone dispersed,a lady told me she needed a volunteer to collect a car from a place called BALIN which i had never heard of .So i follow this lady, who disappears, out into the streets .There seemed to be something going on like a blackout and people were wandering the streets ,i came upon a lady covered in dirt who was ranting about something ,i asked her if she needed help and she pointed up at her house which was crumbling.I told her i cant help as i have my young son with me and continued walking.We came upon an old concrete building and sat under an overhanging verandah when a crack appeared in the footpath.I said to my son "run" and we headed to an empty grass block.I looked around and saw a giant wave of road,dust and debris heading towards us ,i jumped on top of my son to shield him and we were in this wave which was like a cyclone of dust and debris.It was very violent as it passed and felt like we were being blown and shaken and then i woke up.
For some reason it felt to me like i was in Los Angeles although there were quite a few small hills around.I have never experienced an earthquake or been to the U.S but this dream shook me to the core(no pun intended)
I have only had a couple of dreams that came to be ,one was the Korean Air crash on Guam many years ago and the other was the recent bushfires in Victoria that killed about 200 people.I wrote this quickly for two reasons ,1 )before i forgot the details and ,2) before my kids get up and distract me.The word BALIN was significant if anyone can suggest whether this is the name of a town or locality.I am led to believe that dreams that occur just before waking are the most significant.
Thanks.

Mods can you put this in dreams category,thanks
[edit on 21-6-2010 by 12voltz]

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 24/6/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

He is described as "always their look-out man"

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I found a town called Balin in Poland, for what its worth. I tried a few acronyms, nothing jumped out at me..interesting that you felt you were in LA having never been there..I assume that has bearing...

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

He is the only one explicitly said to have been at the Mountain prior to the coming of the dragon.

for some reason that seems significant.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing your dream - I had a very similar dream in the 1980's and it happened just moments after I woke. LA has a lot of hills here and there - at the moment Hollywood comes to my mind for some reason.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I had a similar dream about a week ago. I was on a mountain with a group of people, none of which I knew. it was like a meditation retreat. next thing I know the ground is shaking, pieces of the cliff were falling and crushing people. everyone was running around. I just sat there peacefully and watched the mountain collapse around me till a large piece fell on me and I woke up. I was not in a panic like everyone else. for some reason I felt like I already knew what was gonna happen.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Thanks for the input .L.A was the feeling but the hills made me also think of San Francisco.I dont know, but the voices in the dream were American accent.Having never felt an Earthquake before it was quite an experience like a giant wave rolling along the street,lifting everything up.Hopefully it is just a dream and nothing will come of it.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowfoot

You seem to be very resourceful shadowfoot. I can relate to the op dream which I had about 15 years ago. The 3 words are still embedded on my mind but cannot reconcile the meanings.

In my dream, there was this man, because of his fury to multitude of people, he threw these words, 'repiken', 'c(k)olatir', 'v(b)aparus'. not sure about spellings.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Your earthquake dream reminds me of one that I had recently. The earthquake in my dream was in the U.S. South in the summer (blue, blue skies... the weather was sunny hay baling weather); it happened mainly below the new Madrid fault. Little Rock's buildings were leveled... far from L.A., though.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Side note about Balin, or Ballin' or Balling... and Los Angeles -

L.A. is a very status based area and something called Ballin' or Balling is common practice. It refers to having lots of money, like a Basketball player. Hence the term, Ballin'. It also describes cars and rims. I recommend urban dictionary for that.

It might have something to do with the location, or not. L.A. is full of people that are ballin' or pretend they are. Its stupid, I know. Just an idea.

EDIT: spelling sucks.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by RicketyCricket]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
"Balin" & Kotler, LLP
345 Franklin Street
San Francisco, CA 94102

maps.google.com...

[edit on 24-6-2010 by freetree64]

[edit on 24-6-2010 by freetree64]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I dreamed this on the 14th of June:
(C&P because I recorded it on another forum)

I arrived there and was scared to be under ground. I was scared it might come a big earthquake. I didn't want to be above 2nd story either. So I was walking on the ground. In my dream, I was like, I never knew that LA had so many waterways. (I really don't know if it does or not.) I saw a lot of boats and ships docked. There were a lot of inlets. The whole dream, it was like I was touring LA, and I thought it was the neatest place, but I was scared to be there.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Does this area look familiar? From your dream....

maps.google.com...,-122.421766&spn=0,0.003428&z=18&laye r=c&cbll=37.777566,-122.421429&panoid=J5WauJZmXb8uFnumFSQgPA&cbp=12,26.81,,0,-5

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
How about this one, it's in L.A., and related to earthquake's....

"Hugo Ballin", 1928. 433 S. Spring Street, formerly Title Insurance and Trust Company Building, currently the Los Angeles Design Center.
The Title Insurance and Trust Company Building, designed by John and Donald Parkinson, is one of the sumptuous office buildings constructed during the late 1920s that marked Spring Street as the financial center of Southern California. Rich materials and fine details, including a ceiling designed by Herman Sachs, make the lobby a city treasure. Public art was often incorporated in buildings of the period to reinforce the meaning of the building and make a public statement about the building's main client. This notion can be seen in the bas reliefs over the entrances to the Los Angeles Times Building and One Bunker Hill, and in the architectural sculpture on the Fine Arts Building and the Central Library. The Title Insurance and Trust Company Building, however, posed a dilemma. Public art was expected, but bas reliefs and architectural sculpture would have been incompatible with the fashionably modern art-deco style of the architecture.(1) The solution was a series of three allegorical tile murals by the city's premiere muralist of the day, Hugo Ballin. "Protection," on the viewer's left, depicts a woman as a warrior leaning forward, her right hand holding a weapon and her right arm poised for combat. In the foreground is a robed man, perhaps engaged in peaceful commerce. The central panel "Trust," is also dominated by a female figure, reminiscent of the figures symbolizing justice on courthouses. "Fidelity," the panel on the viewer's right, replicates the basic design of the panel on the viewer's left. A female figure leans forward, clutching cloth, while an elderly man stands in the foreground. Together, these three murals, the only outdoor murals executed by Ballin, express the guiding principals of the Title Insurance and Trust Company and are among the oldest existing outdoor murals in Los Angeles.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

Hey thanks for going to effort to look up those locations .I google earthed
both the locations ,the San Fransisco one looked more like it especially the type of trees and the architecture, and the hills in the dream looked like the hills that i have seen in movies based around SF and no i didnt watch any movies or anything related to Earthquakes or SF beforehand.Thanks again and i'm not a prophet or trying to be one,but i do believe we can see the future in dreams ,it's working out what they mean thats the hard part.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by 12voltz]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I have been uneasy since i arrived here in the phillipines 2 weeks ago and if a large quake struck near Manila it would be a devastating Haiti like scenario with many buildings in various states of disrepair.I know there is nothing that can be done to prevent quakes or to predict where and when they occur so i wish i could stop worrying about it ,Its just that i had a very vivid earthquake dream a couple of months ago which at the time i thought was on the east coast of the U.S but the pieces of the puzzle are coming together with some events that tie in to the dream, occurring here lately.I am not predicting anything i just wanted to record this in case.
If anyone is interested i can tell you about the recent items that jolted my memory.
[edit on 25-7-2010 by 12voltz]

[edit on 25-7-2010 by 12voltz]

top topics

join