It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To protest Israel, activists prevent unloading of Chinese ship.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Epic FAIL

Hundreds of peace activists prevented the unloading of an Israeli ship at the Port of Oakland Sunday by forming a picket line.

:snip:

Several hundred people gathered at the Oakland port about 5:30 a.m. at berths 57, 58 and 59, which is operated by SSA Terminals. An Israeli Zim Lines ship was expected to arrive in the morning, but didn't. So the crowd stayed until the afternoon, preventing workers from unloading a ship from China, according to SSA officials.

The headline and article both say that they prevented the unloading of the Israeli ship...even though it didn't even arrive.

By that standard, I prevented a terrorist attack, a comet strike and a coup attempt in the United States today by posting on ATS.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mothershipzeta
Epic FAIL

The headline and article both say that they prevented the unloading of the Israeli ship...even though it didn't even arrive.

Hi.

Should I c+p what you seemed to have over-looked in your own link?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by loveguy

Originally posted by mothershipzeta
Epic FAIL

Hi.

Should I c+p what you seemed to have over-looked in your own link?

When the ship DID show up, there were no workers there to unload it:

Richard Mead, president of Local 10, said Sunday night that SSA decided against ordering night shift workers to unload the Israeli ship, so employees didn"t show up and didn"t have to cross any picket lines.

The only ship they actually succeeded in blocking (as in "Workers were prevented from unloading the ship") was the Chinese one. If they had thrown in some Tibetan flags, they might not have looked as ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
What a great story, thx OP for posting it

It's good to see ordinary people tring to find ways to play Isreal at their own game. If only every export from Israel was blocked, the murderous regime would last a nanosecond.

Even if people refused to buy Israeli goods it would have the same effect. Let their stuff rot on the shelf.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mothershipzeta

Dangit!

My apologies.

I'm just now getting some coffee in me.

top topics

join