It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"For All Mankind" What is in this Criterion footage?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Hi ATS! I'm seriously baffled by what I saw in the DVD "For All Mankind" The Criterion Collection.

I took some screenshots and vid off my 50" and I assure you that the object you see me zoom in on is in the film, not any type of reflection.

If anyone can tell me its not a very tall structure Im seeing please do. And dont tell me its on the original camera lens Note it it stationary during camera movement.

Thanks and if we consider an artificial structure, then who built it?

Distance could be 8-16 kilometers or 6-12 miles.

How tall would it be at the low end of 6 miles away?

Here's the footage or you could go buy it/rent. Occurs @ 49min, 50 sec

s1020.photobucket.com...

i1020.photobucket.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9c629919cdb7.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Overtime]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Its an awesome movie regardless whether or not Im seeing things

There is no atmosphere on the Moon and this causes very distant objects to appear clearer and closer to the human eye. What appears as nearby hills in some photographs, are actually mountains several kilometers high and some 8-16 kilometers away.

The moon is 2000 miles across and this structure is on the horizon many miles away. Thats 6-12 MILES AWAY! Im guessing 500 ft tall and not NATURAL. Please help experts!

[edit on 22-6-2010 by Overtime]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Overtime

possible to embed the pics or movie here please, im one of those i dont trust outside links type of guys...thanks in advance

~meathead

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Wow, I saw it on your album, seriously don't know what to think of that

It looks like some sort of tower...

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Hmmm I'm not sure what it is but it looks far off in the background so I wouldn't put it down to the camera.

I have heard that there are hundreds of ruins on the moon from an ancient race. Perhaps this is one they forgot to airbrush out.

Good find

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fe034086415f.jpg[/atsimg]

Sorry best I could do.

Just thought i'd embed the picture for those who don't want to follow the link.

I wanna see this thread take off so we can get to the bottom of it.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by ALOSTSOUL]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Thanks I appreciate that, although on my screen the structure isnt in frame. Can you fix that? Thanks again

Much better. Rock and Roll! WTH is that?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike Stivic

Ill try and embed, and sorry Im new and have no idea what Im doing. Is this it?

s1020.photobucket.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Could you put into ATS media files?

"photobucket"...is that part of facebook?? Messes me up, too many ads.
( NO! I do NOT want a new cursor!!
)

The 'Criterion Collection' has been around for a long time...not sure how old you are, but if your screenname at PhotoB is any indication, then I was buying 'Criterion' LaserDiscs when you were in diapers

(The LDs are an obsolete format...one of many, huh?) Early forerunners of DVDs, in a way...12-inch diameter plastic discs, aluminum media that the lasers read. They might be collector's items, by now....

'Criterion' puts out very good stuff, but they only can work with what they have available, in the case of that film, and the reproduction and transfer to DVD. Been a while since I've seen the movie, so I will wait 'til then, to opine on what it may be...

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Thank You! Glad to see this is new to people as it is to myself
Hard to believe it hasnt been noticed because on my life its right there in the movie

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I know I have seen that before, but never in that video. That is extremely interesting! Nice find!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Hiya...

Found the movie on YouTube...not as good quality, of course.

This is, in Part 5, the actual landing, highly edited for time, of course.

At about 6:10 is one shot, shows the anomaly.

Looks like, by the time it gets to 7:20 or so, they've jumped to ANOTHER mission, Apollo 15, the 'hammer/feather' drop demonstration...confusing editing, that is, for those not well familiar with Apollo!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Could you put into ATS media files?

"photobucket"...is that part of facebook?? Messes me up, too many ads.
( NO! I do NOT want a new cursor!!
)

The 'Criterion Collection' has been around for a long time...not sure how old you are, but if your screenname at PhotoB is any indication, then I was buying 'Criterion' LaserDiscs when you were in diapers

(The LDs are an obsolete format...one of many, huh?) Early forerunners of DVDs, in a way...12-inch diameter plastic discs, aluminum media that the lasers read. They might be collector's items, by now....

'Criterion' puts out very good stuff, but they only can work with what they have available, in the case of that film, and the reproduction and transfer to DVD. Been a while since I've seen the movie, so I will wait 'til then, to opine on what it may be...

Thats not my age in myPSH profile
Im 42, how old are you? Never mind haha. Your right though, I was in diapers when this came out in 69. I'm having a problem with the media portal (Im new here) when I go to"my pics", it takes me to a log in screen, I put in my info and submit user name and pass. and it comes back with there is an error user name not found or something

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I get stuck at "log in"
No kidding though, it wont let me log in at my pictures.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Not only that, I went to edit my "Comment" on my page , only to get an "error" screen. I wonder why things arent working right for me?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Huh!!! Very interesting. The screen shot and the video. S+F.

Some may possibly say it's an optical illusion with the surrounding
elements, camera and light source. However, it seems pretty clear that
it is something physically there.

Here are a few things I will throw out:
a) natural moon structure
b) man made moon structure
c) ET made moon structure
d) equipment from astronauts
e) accidental prop left behind while filming moon hoax
f) optical illusion

I'm leaning on A and/or D.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by keepureye2thesky

Thanks for the great list and contribution
I'm leaning towards b&c myself because lets get an idea of how tall that imossiblly natural tower is. Any experts that can guess the distance and height? Im thinkin 1-2 miles away and 200-300 feet tall.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by keepureye2thesky

Thanks for the great list and contribution
I'm leaning towards b&c myself because lets get an idea of how tall that imossiblly natural tower is. Any experts that can guess the distance and height? Im thinkin 1-2 miles away and 200-300 feet tall.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Could be a person too. I suppose that's as credible as a structure on the moon.. not that's it's not credible.. uh, well you know what I mean. Anyway, when I first saw it, it looked like a person just standing there.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Me too i've been trying to find an answer to this for a while know (without luck I might add).

From what i'm seeing, its either a man-made or ET-made structure. I'm still looking so i'll get back when I have answers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join