It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ... How Did My Phone Take a Picture of Itself?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

Originally posted by Just Wondering
who and why decided this was a [HOAX]?
I just went through every page and I still don't know if this is fake or not. Hard to believe yes but.....

No-one...YET, at least to my knowledge. When was this flagged as a HOAX?? I think it's rediculous based on the lack of anything solid.. thus far, BUT who claimed it a HOAX? I want links for this claim you give. I think the OP may believe these claims but was clowned into thinking something else. This story makes no sense.

A camera cannot take a pic of *itself*, period.

EDIT: just noticed it was flagged as a HOAX. LOL weird, not sure where the evidence of that came from. I think it's a bogus claim BUT not sure it belongs as a HOAX forum yet. ?? LOL I love ATS.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by Wookiep]

Maybe ATS needs a FAIL thread. For things that involve naïve people or those who leap to ridiculous conclusions at the drop of a hat.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by eeyipes

I really dont see why this lady would lie, but come on. are you guys serious? you believe that this actually happend? shes obviously trying to play us.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Maam, The phone is not the issue here.

How much would you be willing to sell your camper,
within which the photo was taken?

Rod Sterling has a new series coming out in the fall called
The Twilight Zone.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Technically, the camera of the phone is not in the picture, the phone is.
So the camera in the phone could still have made the picture if it was removed
from the phone and extended.

Perhaps the cam is in the hand that's not in the pic ?

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lady_Tuatha
I think that your husband caught the phone again when it was in mid flash.

You said that he dropped it and caught it again, so when it dropped the camera took a photo and he just happened to catch the phone in the split second of it taking the picture, you could try it thousands of times and would not get the same result but it is not impossible and thats what I think happened. The time it took the phone to take the photo he had caught it back in his hand.

edit to add,: what im trying to say is the action of taking the photo was up in the air so to speak, or mid flash.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Lady_Tuatha]

This could already be solved or debunked but supposing it has not been and is true, I like this explanation. Cuz a camera captures light and a falling camera falls slower than the speed of light so perhaps the lens opened and caught the space that the phone fell in as it was falling cuz we are wrong to think a picture is a moment in time it is almost like a hand held video on paper cuz it catches 0.1 Seconds or whatever, my guess being that it took 0.09 seconds or less from pushing the button to land in hand,

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

Thanks for necroing one of the best examples of dumbassery & utter stupidity ATS has offered up yet. Not much else has bested this one in the 7 years this had been in the bowels of the forum list. This was 12 pages of cringey, facepalm-worthy shame.

And no, the phone's camera on the back did not take a picture of it's front. Can you see the back of your head? No? Then why TF did this need 12 pages of argument?

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join