It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ... How Did My Phone Take a Picture of Itself?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha[/i.

edit to add,: what im trying to say is the action of taking the photo was up in the air so to speak, or mid flash.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Lady_Tuatha]

Hmm I'm confused. How does a phone taking a photo up in the air mid-flash allow it to take a pic of *itself*?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

That's exactly what I thought too. These phone cameras are known to be a bit slow between clicking the button and the actual picture taking.

The only odd thing is that if the camera is on the back of the phone, then this photo would still be impossible. Can the OP shed light on whether this phone can take pics from the front of the phone (my old phone can but it was a flip phone).

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

The things is for the phone's image to register the photons being reflected/emitted (light up keys/screen) from it would have to to be able to reach the CMOS/CCD sensor in the phone itself. There is no way it can catch an image of itself without there being a reflection unless the standard model of physics was broken. The photons only travel in straight lines, so to capture an image of itself without a reflection being involved would mean they would have to bend, so unless there is some sort of black hole present it's not actually possible

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Is it possible that in a moment of surprise from dropping the phone, the party observing the event, through some sort of adrenaline fueled burst of telepathic activity, imprinted the photo as seen through the observer's eyes onto the phone's camera roll? However unlikely or implausible this explanation may sound, it at least sounds somewhat reasonable against the backdrop of the almost absolute unlikelihood that the event transpired at all.

That being said, I do not discount that it happened, and I concede that there are any number of poorly understood, or as yet undocumented phenomena that could account for this anomaly. To claim otherwise is unabashed arrogance.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSdelurker

It can not take pictures from the front, but even if it could, it would not be able to snap a photo of itself, unless it is in the bizarro world of our pickup camper, apparently.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
There is one other way actually, but obviously impossible.
The phone would have to be moved from the point at which we see it in the photo to the point at which the photo is taken faster than the speed of light in order to 'beat' the photons if you like and record the image.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
How about uploading the original picture, taken directly off your phone? We could then determine when it was taken, the phone (or camera) it was taken with and which settings were used.

* The picture attached to your first post contains no EXIF data. It was either removed before upload, or was stripped by ATS' upload script. The original picture should be 1280x1024 pixels and several hundred kilobytes in size.

[edit on 21/6/10 by JH80]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I know it sounds funny but please excuse me as I dont know the technical terminology. I know what I am trying to say tho and thats the best I can do, sorry lol.

Im trying to say that the action/process of taking the picture was 'midway' or 'up in the air' ( the act of the phone falling could have further delayed or upset the camera's action ) the camera only finished processing the image when the phone was back in the husbands hand.

I know it seems impossible but it makes sense in my own mind, im just not equipped to explain it better lol

Yes I will keep taking my medication

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JH80

Excellent idea! I assume links to Flickr are allowed? Perhaps the OP will be happy to post a copy on there and link to it. Flickr will display EXIF data I believe?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JH80

I did not edit it at all. Hubby uploaded it to his computer, passed it to me via gmail to my computer, then I uploaded it to ATS. I'll try to get a more "original" copy.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Some phones are slow at taking pictures i.e. you can take a picture but it takes 2-3 seconds for the image to actually save in the phone.

1. take picture
2. quickly move phone
3. camera starts storing image
4. gets distorted by the very quick movement

Whollah you have 2 pictures in one.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I know what you mean but it is physically impossible. The only way this can occur without the use of a mirror would be theoretically by the light bending (not feasible) or the phone travelling faster than the speed of light (not feasible).
To record the image on the camera the photons being reflected from the phone and emitted by it's lights have to be recorded electronically by the camera's sensing device. As they are travelling at the speed of light in straight lines, without the phone exceeding the speed of light or subjecting the photons to such massive graitational fields that their trajectory would bend, it would be impossible to accomplish what is being suggested.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Was your phone perhaps connected to your computer via WI-FI or Bluetooth, if so you may have made the webb cam take the picture and then synchronise it with your phone pic folder.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by scottlpool2003

2. quickly move phone

No, you would have to move it from the position in the image (location one) to the position taking the photo and at faster than the speed of light for it to be able to record the image of the phone in location one.

If you did it in the order you suggested, take a photo then move the phone to it's final location while the shutter is open you would have done something truly incredible - made a crude time machine that can take images of the (near) future!
How do you sincerely suggest that the camera can record an image of something that is not there yet?

Really peeps, this is basic physics

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
me again.

Where is your husband's right hand when this photo was taken?

Any glass shelves, windows, doors in the room?

How do you and your husband talk to each other (in case of emergency) when you have only 1 phone?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentSmith

Here it is on Flikr

Photo On Flikr

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by belowcommonknowledge
Is it possible that in a moment of surprise from dropping the phone, the party observing the event, through some sort of adrenaline fueled burst of telepathic activity, imprinted the photo as seen through the observer's eyes onto the phone's camera roll? However unlikely or implausible this explanation may sound, it at least sounds somewhat reasonable against the backdrop of the almost absolute unlikelihood that the event transpired at all.

You mean thought photography like Ted Serios, Uri Geller and others used to do? It must be the only possibility if there was no other cell phone camera involved.

However, without the original photo, we can never know for sure. In a genuine digital thought photograph (DTP) the EXIF data embedded in the image should include some personal data about the person involved, instead of (or in addition to) the camera and exposure information. To my understanding this process is not standardized, so the amount and quality of this paranormal EXIF data may vary, and it might still remain undecipherable to our current image analysis tool technologies for several years — if not decades.

[edit on 21.6.2010 by Doc Lithium]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Not sure where his hand was, just out of frame, I guess. There is a window by the table. It was daylight but raining outside, hence the kiddos inside being goofballs. Windows don't really reflect during the day. Only one mirror in camper, out of range. No glass shelves. The door is behind him - a double door, one screen, one solid.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Rogue NerD

No computers came with us on our camping trip, was not attached to any devices.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I think the phone's life flashed before it's eyes and the trauma was etched into it's memory. No one would ever forget a thing like that.

sorry - I don't see a "phone". Take a pic of your phone so we can see what it looks like.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by FearNoEvil]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join