It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

screen capture from BP stream showing another leak.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I was watching the the Reality Check Portal for the BP videos this afternoon, and saw something pretty strange, another leak from what appeared to be a pipe on the sea floor. For those of you not aware, that portal is at Reality Check BP Portal

I was just watching all the ROVs and then the BOA DEEP C ROV started to move around quite a bit and began following something on the sea floor. At first, it appeard to be a crack in the floor, which is why it caught my attention, but eventually it began to look more and more like a 'pipe' of some sort.

I was watching for a good 10-15 minutes and I actually saw a few eels swimming around down there, which I wasnt expecting. They were a good 4-5 feet long, but I missed the screen capture on those because I was kinda dumbstruck. Anyway, as the BOA DEEP C ROV kept tracing this 'pipe' of sorts, I saw a few weird anomolies that the ROV pilot decided he was going to make sure to put the camera on.

These anomolies were what looked like a raked pattern in the sea floor, almost like they had an ROV raking away some material to maybe see what has already settled on the sea floor. I am not sure how far this was from the well, but I think the lat and long are on the pic, but a bit blurry. Here is one picture of these 'raked' areas. They looked at two areas like this while I was watching, but I only caught one screen shot.

Then, as I was watching some more, they passed over an area of the 'pipe' that was definatly leaking. The thing is, as soon as the camera operator saw this, he started panning the camera away, or the entire ROV moved its position, not sure. I was pretty quick to catch that one though, and I got a decent screen shot.

You can see a 'V' shaped discharge (blue arrows) from the 'pipe' (yellow arrow). I am not sure what to make of this.

Could this be a dispersant pipe they are monitoring? I am not sure, but was hoping we could try to figure out what the heck this is. Any ideas?

Fry

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I think they have found some of the oil rig or something, trying to work up a video asap

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Yeah, I was just watching, and it looked like they may have been around the rig. There was alot of debri, but nothing else that appeared to be leaking. But yeah, I do believe the know where the Rig is located and are checking it out

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by trolleleet
I think they have found some of the oil rig or something, trying to work up a video asap

They were looking at the former Top Side Rig June 12th...here's a brief look at it...

(From BSC at LATOC)

...thanks for the plug frey51

[edit on 6/21/2010 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Ummm ya ok, this is not "another leak", as to imply more oil is coming up.

Nothing here but a leaking hose on the sea floor. You do know they are pumping things such as hot water, methanol, hydraulic fluid, dispersants and waterever else down to the floor through miles of pipes/hoses. If it was oil, it would be black. If it was oil, under the pressure it's at, it would have washed out a huge hole by now making the BOP leak look small.

What you are calling raked areas is nothing but partly buried industrial grating, made up of flat serrated steel bars on edge held together by welded-in twisted cross bars. I'm not sure of the U.S. standards but in Canada it's mostly reffered to as "DB-Grating".

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I was wondering the same thing about the wreckage. That video that was posted was at a 4900 foot depth, the image I captured is at a 1500 foot depth, so what's the deal with the huge differences in depth? is it some kind of deep under water crater or some kind of shelf/plateau?

here is the screen capture

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by graaly

Actually...that 1500 is meters not feet on that ROV so it's ~4500 ft

new topics

top topics

join