It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING : New "Al-Qaeda killing" video posted.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
From North East Intelligence Network

12 June 2004 - Al Qaeda video shows assassination of American Robert Jacob in Riyadh

In yet another chillingly graphic video obtained by the Northeast Intelligence Network, Al Qaeda shows the assassination of another American citizen at the hands of Islamic militants.

The video, released earlier this afternoon, purports to be from Al Qaeda of the Arabian Peninsula, the division of Al Qaeda headed by Abu Hagar Al Moqrin. (More details on Moqrin can be found further down this page.)

According to a notice on the website announcing the release of the video, the video shows "the murder of the American Jew, Robert Jacob, who was an employee Vinnell spy agency."

The video begins with images of injured and dead Arab children.

The scene then changes and shows two men yelling in Arabic, as they chase a man. The man can be heard begging for his life in English in what sounds like an American accent. The victim falls to the ground inside a garage as two men holding guns run towards him, and gun him down. They can then be seen rifling through his pockets.

Jacob was confirmed dead under the identical circumstances earlier this week. No further confirmation as to the vericity of the video is available at this time.

It looks like NEIN scooped everyone one this one.No mention of this on any of the english speaking Jihadi sites I have found, even though the video has allegedly been online since this afternoon.No mention on BBC, AP or reuters at this time.

article : 12 June 2004 - Al Qaeda video shows assassination of American Robert Jacob in Riyadh

video link : Jacob Video

[edit on 12-6-2004 by muppet]

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Yea, I bet this will blow up pretty soon. But on the other hand, this was in Saudi Arabia, right? I guess you don't want people to get sketchy about the oil there. I'm sure if it was in Iraq it would be all over the news, but lets see how far they go with this one and if its like Berg...

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure this is a fake.

It's just wrong in certain area's

I'll run a story on this later once we've looked it over thoroughly

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
The strange thing is this should be everywhere by now. The Nick Berg video was around the world in a matter of hours, and extensively reposted on Jihadi bulletin boards.

According to the story this video has been up for some hours already. How does NEIN beat everyone to this? If NEIN have it it's odd the the BBC, Reuters and AP don't. According to the NEIN article Robert Jacobs was found dead earlier in the week, having been shot.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
I'm pretty sure this is a fake.
It's just wrong in certain area's

From a filmmakers point of view, I'd agree with you. Odd story, odd edit/exposure issue as the camera is put down. Obviously fake "head sawing" motion and generally ambiguous framing.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
That is a cheesy video. The acting was good, but cheesy. I'd have to say it is fake.

Maybe this is going to become some kind of internet-terrorism phenomenon, much like after Columbine Shooting Media exposure, there was a lot of copy-cat incidents afterwards.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Reuters is running a story that mentions the video as of 10:00pm (GMT -5)

Al Qaeda Says Kills U.S. Man, Holds Another in Saudi
Al Qaeda said on Sunday it killed one American and kidnapped another in Saudi Arabia to "avenge U.S. mistreatment" of Muslim prisoners in Iraq and Guantanamo Bay in Cuba, according to an Islamist Web Site.

The site also posted a video it said showed the killing of another American in the capital Riyadh earlier in the week.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Here are a couple of links to the news story of the jacob shooting from a couple of days ago......
www.middle-east-online.com...
straitstimes.asia1.com.sg... 40,00.html

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   
No face, no blood. That could have been anyone. LAME

Propaganda at large.

The last REAL shooting I saw that a terrorist released the video clearly showed the face as well as the bullet to the head. How can you id this person from a video that looks like my 2 year old made.

Another staged propaganda stunt.

[edit on 13-6-2004 by NeedTruth]

[edit on 13-6-2004 by NeedTruth]

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Add to this that the reports of Jacob's death have him being found at home, shot (leaving out the little fact that his head is cut off would be a bit odd, huh?) AND, his colleague who found him at his house "TOOK HIM TO THE HOSPITAL".

Now, I can't come up with a good reason for taking a headless corpse to the hospital, can you?

Mr. Jacobs was apparently NOT beheaded, and I don't believe this to have anything to do with him. As trickmastertrick pointed out, it is very much like the propaganda video of the World Trade Center...it also if very close to the propaganda video made about Mr. Pearl's execution. I think this one is a bunch of bologna and a blatant attempt to make the news of Mr. Jacob's execution more "terrorizing".

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
After viewing the video, there is a breif moment as he is being shot, where you can see a bullet impact in his lower back, and shortly after, a dark (blood?) spot appears.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
After doing some basic analysis last night, you can see 'shells' deing dispersed.
At around :34 one flys off to the left by the SUV
At around :37 one starts 'rolling towards the camera'

Blanks will disperse shells. Their is too much editing of the video to decipher where 'blood' would begin 'flowing'. It also appears that the Men take his Wallet. So I don't know if they will be posting His ID on the web pretty soon if it has not already. As Valhall mentioned, the "Countdown Video" is almost identical. From the use of Flash, to the Music. Seems to me, at least, it was from the same person/group. I think with what happend with the Nick Berg Video, everyone is ready to assume the worst. I would wait for more Analyzing of this matter to be done before any commitments are made to a belief.

I encourage anyone to look over this video, and either post any evidence or conclusions here or U2U/E-Mail it to anyone at ATSNN.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I know that with blanks, without the projectile, something is needed to stop up the barrel so the gas can actually recock and reload the gun between shots. Otherwise it will have to be recocked by hand.

Also, if they were so proud of it, why is there no shot of the head, the bloody body, etc. If this is such a victory, why no trophy?

Also, it doesn't make much sense. Why would they put down the video camera. There was only one guy shooting, the other was just standing there. Was he not able to hold the camera?

All in all I can not say I think it's real.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
There are three guys that we see, but only two at once.

fatty white shirt
skinny blue shirt
skinny orange shirt

So at least one of them could have be operating the video at any given time. we see a shadow of two of them for a frame as they pick up the camera near the end.

On another note, and I may be totally wrong here, but listen out for that audio-track, or a sample of it, becoming a Bangra/Desi flavour of the month this summer. Does anyone know the name of the track or who it's by? Music is a powerful propaganda medium and they provided an easy to use 4 bar sample with ready made associations for the listener.

In addition, does anyone know what that thing is dangling from orange shirt's neck?

[edit on 13-6-2004 by muppet]

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I'm even less sure of the validity of this video than of the Berg video..... back in high school, my friends and I were making better movies than this. Guns and everything.........

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
The seems to be some confusion as how old the victim was or his true name.

Arab News says

“My son refused to live in the secure compound provided by Vinnell, because he enjoyed living among the Saudis,” his mother, Oma Lee Jacobs, told Arab News in a telephone interview from her home in Illinois. “He liked them, their cuisine, and enjoyed living there. He liked going to camel races and browsing in the markets there.”

Jacobs, 63, was an employee of Vinnell Corp., a subsidiary of Northrop Grumman Corp. He lived in Saudi Arabia for seven years, where he trained the National Guard in graphic design. “He was training people, but not in warfare,” Mrs. Jacobs explained to her local newspaper.

An unknown assailant shot and killed Jacobs at his home, said a spokesman for Vinnell Corp., which is based in Fairfax, Virginia. “He was found by another employee at his apartment and taken to a hospital, but did not survive,” said a company spokesman, Jay McCaffrey.

the article goes on to describe Mr Jacobs' background and family. His sister apparently works "with" Tom Ridge in the department of homeland security.

The Jacobs family has lived all over the world. Mrs. Jacobs said that although she had never been to Saudi Arabia, she has traveled to 108 countries, including several in the Middle East.

“My husband worked with the State Department,” said Mrs. Jacobs. “We lived all over Africa and Southeast Asia. Bob was very used to overseas living and got along very well with local people wherever he was.”

Their children grew up overseas, she said.

Robert and his sister Janice, an official with the US State Department in Washington, now working with Homeland Security Director Tom Ridge on visa issues, were home-schooled in Ethiopia and attended French schools while living in France. Mrs. Jacobs, who lost her husband 10 years ago, said their youngest daughter, Linda, was born in Thailand

But Australia's The Age and most other sources name him as a 44 year old, called "Jacob", not "Jacobs".

Mr Jacob, 44, who worked for the US Vinnell Corp, which helps train the Saudi National Guard, was shot dead at his home in Riyadh on June 8. He was reportedly shot nine times in the head.

from the photo in the Arab News, he is definitely not 44, and given the interview with his mother, it seems his name was Jacobs, not Jacob.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
The site indicated on this (now close)thread by fers66, appears to be the original source of the video.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Al-Qaeda kill another american- Video
Weird.....
Look's like this guy is from a AH-64 Apache tecnical services

members.lycos.co.uk...

VIDEO:
members.lycos.co.uk...
www.ansarnet.ws...
www.s22s.com...

The lycos site is now down. The other source mentioned, ansarnet.ws is in the same family of sites, and has shared IP addresses with, the sites hosting the Nick Berg video.

both the lycos and the ansarnet.ws sites are now out of operation, but the were still online at approx 01:00BST today (14:6:04), more than 24 hours after the story broke.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
how much does anyone wanna bet that when they find this kidnapped Paul Johnson fellow that he is not in too good of shape. Maybe the next time we will see him will be in the form of a fancy edited video too. This is all getting really lame.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
lycos thread is back up as of Mon. EST 12:23am

should we consider Yahoo a supporter of Al-Qaeda, considering they have ads on the page?

Click on the pic at the bottom of the page and you go here:
finance.groups.yahoo.com...

I'm assuming they were trying to hide the site in a finance group, Would this be supporting terrorism? I know Freedom of Speach is at issue, but, if Yahoo is knowingly hosting it and with The Patriot Act in effect can and should they be held accountable?

Maybe I will start a new thread on this......If there is enough intrest....

[edit on 13-6-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrickmastertricK
As Valhall mentioned, the "Countdown Video" is almost identical. From the use of Flash, to the Music. Seems to me, at least, it was from the same person/group.

Could some one please inform me as to what the COuntdown Video is?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join