It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC 1 Panorama (will be on iPlayer) Oil Leak....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The program is set to reveal the fact that a worker on the Deepwater Horizon warned of a leak in the BOP's control pod weeks before disaster.

Starts @ 8:30 pm BST (British summertime)

That's in a few minutes. Discuss here.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
UKs only, proxy sites not working and I can't find a stream hax.

Grr!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Just watched it. Nothing new to people on here. Thanks for the heads up tho.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Here's a link to Panorama on iPlayer:

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I think i spotted a smoking gun

At the start they showed four guy that were doing some fishing near the side of the rig in a little motor boat and they made a dash for saftey when they heard some type of gas presure blowing something up on the rig.

Trouble is they were fishing in broad day light and it was dark when the rig blew up from what i remember.

They mentioned Haliburton but not Golden-Ball-Sacks or that the chemical used to clean up the spill has been banned in most parts of the world.

Bp did not own the rig, the Bop, the oil and all the workers seemed to be american and yet Bp is being singled out on this one

it looks like the major Bp error was due to not fixing the Bop and then allowing Haliburton to do a bodge job on cementing the drill and they would had known about the defective Bop and knew just how to turn that to an advantage.

Note they have opened a criminal investigation in to all companies that were involved so lets put that down to public presure haveing at least some effects.

Someone has clearly told the clean up workers not to comment but they are on a good screw anyway because many are only doing a few hours work each day.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by LieBuster]

[edit on 21-6-2010 by LieBuster]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The fisherman posted his story on a website that was linked here a while back.

I think the website was mudinmyblood.com or something like that.

Was a pretty interesting read.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Hello watched this panorama tonight was definitely one of their better episodes. As mentioned above though it will be nothing new to folks on here, but what it will do is give an insight to a wider range of people, spreading this information further. I suspect that older generations who are not as internet savvy would be a particular target audience for this program. The more people who are personally invested in this matter the better.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
Just watched it. Nothing new to people on here. Thanks for the heads up tho.

I wasn't aware that one of the pods had been out of action for weeks, personally. I agree about the rest, and there was plenty of info we've had here that never made into the program. Not much from the US 60 minutes doc featuring Mr. Williams, the computer guy on the rig, made it in either.

Half an hour is simply not long enough to treat this story fully.

new topics

top topics

join