It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family steak recipe, anyone want it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I doubt it is much of a secret, but I have never heard of anyone using it on steak.

Just stab your steak, and use Italian Dressing on it. Moisten the steak and make sure there is plenty of Italian Dressing on the bottom of the glass pan. And cook it just like normal.

It is one of the best tasting things ever!

If anyone tries it I would like you to respond and tell me how you liked it.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Give us the cut of beef.
How long do you marinate ?

I'll give it a go, oh hell, I'll try anything once. I have several cuts of steak in the freezer, plus Italian salad dressing in the fridge.

I don't like to stab a steak too much so the juices stay inside, but as I said, I'll try it............

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

You can marinate it as long as you want. Just cook it on 350F for about 1:30 - 2 hours with tin foil over it.

You just want to stab it good enough that the Italian gets in as much of the steak as possible.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Are you talking about a flank steak ???

I've had them stuffed and rolled, then tied with twine to slow cook so that they're tender. We slice the roll so it looks like a spiral.

I am intrigued because we're mostly carnivore, and what you're saying is that this could be a flat version of something I love.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

Any kind of steak really. Some times we have the steak squares, but usually it's just a thick slab of steak.

We usually get Sirloin or London Broyl.

[edit on 6/23/2010 by Misoir]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I have eaten many cuts of steak using this method. It's pretty good. Then, I discovered the beauty of eating my steak rare with just a bit of sea salt and cracked pepper...now, that is the bomb!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I've done the same with chicken, marinate it with italian dressing,
bake or fry it, batter or none!
I had a ribeye not too long ago topped with sauteed sweet peppers, jalapenos, green onion, garlic, mushrooms, montreal seasoning, worcestershire sauce, a bit of soysauce and olive oil! mmmmm

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
The vinegar in it helps tenderize....this is why vinegar is an ingredient to add to most marinade packets...

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Whats funny is I am sicker than a dog right now and all I can think about is FOOD! That show Diners and DIves is getting me through it apparently and I am liken this Steak Idea with the Italian seasoning. My favorite is Paul Newmans - Original Italian Recipe or the Family Italian Recipe....both are good.

I usually cook a perfect steak everytime. Liberally coat any kinda steak with Montreal Steak Seasoning, then stick it under the "Broiler" and cook about 1/2 done and flip it.....usually about 4-5 mins and then the same on the other side. I cook it till JUST done.....meaning I don't like Pink in my meat and if you cook it in this way it will be the juiciest steak you ever ate.

Simple and Easy! ENJOY!

new topics

top topics

join