It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil reported just offshore Cuba; Forecast “clearly shows the oil moving southeastward”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
How reliable is this website? I would like to know if really oil has been seen near Cuba. If the path of the oil spill has been predicted, can someone tell me where the oil will be in the next 2 or 3 weeks?

What if the entire beach line of US east coast or west coast is covered with oil? Can we have a price tag for that?

There are now reports of an oil sheen just offshore of Cuba. This implies the oil has reached the southeastern extent of the loop current and could continue east through the Florida straights.

The University of South Florida’s College of Marine Science and the Ocean Circulation Group and jointly produce a computer model that predicts the path of the oil spill. The latest run clearly shows the oil moving southeastward and pushing up against the current. This could lead to more oil entering the current over the next few days. …

The flow out of the loop current is not completely shut off and will likely never do so.
The entrance region comes in from the southwest Caribbean while the current exits the Gulf of Mexico past the Florida Keys and through the Florida Straights. It is not completely shut off, but the "head" or northern most part of the loop current has begun to take on more of a circular shape than the normal upside down "U" shape.

Source:
www.wtsp.com...

[edit on 21-6-2010 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Cuban Missile Crisis Part Deux

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The governments of Mexico and especially Cuba have been strangely silent... I would be screaming bloody murder if oil washed up on my shores, the responsibility of a company who never paid me anything in the first place.

We hear all the time about payouts for the Gulf coast residents but what about Cuba?

Maybe they're just waiting...

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Thats one of the local channels around here. I know that USF has been sending out people almost continuously since this has happened to collect samples. If I remember right they were making a big stink about BP not wanting to hand them samples of the oil so they could compare them to the samples that they took from the gulf to match them up if possible.

allgov.com...
There is a link, not sure how good of a source that site is. Ill try and dig up the original one that i read or heard from.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I've posted this on other threads, but this is a forecast model by USF. I think it just tracks areas of high density though and not lower densities. It's been pretty interesting to look at.

Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill Hindcast/Forecast

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sir Solomon
I've posted this on other threads, but this is a forecast model by USF. I think it just tracks areas of high density though and not lower densities. It's been pretty interesting to look at.

Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill Hindcast/Forecast

The graph on the site you provided shows a smaller secondary spill...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dc3ab8f49bd4.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1f0b7d065721.jpg[/atsimg]

I didn't realise there was a second well spilling oil into the gulf - anyone else know about this?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Megiddodiddo

These secondary spills are the normal effect of oil rigs....

Though it might be significant..

awesome site though...

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I think you will find out with time that there isn't actually a leaking well from BP. I am guessing that they opened the well up to create this "Leak" because the sea floor has craked open and dumped billions of gallons of oil into the Gulf. I say this because BP, Halliburton, and Transocean have acted with impunity. This could only happen if they are helping rather than the cause.

From the other threads about sea temps rising 7 degrees in a year, lava, gas etc it really does look like this is a caldera that is about to blow. Mexico and Cuba are saying nothing because they know what is coming and are dealing with preparing to help there people, where as Obama is only concerned with GOLF! and Haywood just wants to hide on his boat.

TELL THE F*CKING TRUTH! - if this is the end of America and that is why you are being nice to the Mexicans say so and everyone will be nice to them. If Yellowstone is about to blow TELL US. Give the people of the USA some credit; if we know what is going on I do not think it will result in anarchy. It will though if you don't start to tell the truth!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by theregonnakillme
I think you will find out with time that there isn't actually a leaking well from BP. I am guessing that they opened the well up to create this "Leak" because the sea floor has craked open and dumped billions of gallons of oil into the Gulf. I say this because BP, Halliburton, and Transocean have acted with impunity. This could only happen if they are helping rather than the cause.

From the other threads about sea temps rising 7 degrees in a year, lava, gas etc it really does look like this is a caldera that is about to blow. Mexico and Cuba are saying nothing because they know what is coming and are dealing with preparing to help there people, where as Obama is only concerned with GOLF! and Haywood just wants to hide on his boat.

TELL THE F*CKING TRUTH! - if this is the end of America and that is why you are being nice to the Mexicans say so and everyone will be nice to them. If Yellowstone is about to blow TELL US. Give the people of the USA some credit; if we know what is going on I do not think it will result in anarchy. It will though if you don't start to tell the truth!

This is the craziest post on ats ive ever seen. Thank you for chearing up my day.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by theregonnakillme

I hope someone has the Gulf evac. plans ready and they make some sense. They may have to evacuate a large number of people soon. (looks like)

Whether the whole thing is going to blow up or not nobody knows.

To remain cheerful, just shorten your time horizon. People are probably "good to go" on a week to week period. It probably won't blow this week. Next week your reevaluate and reassess.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Megiddodiddo

The spots in the southern gulf are tracking devices that are dropped in to monitor the current direction and speed.

new topics

top topics

join