It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Won't Secure Border Until Lawmakers Move on Immigration Package

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Obama Won't Secure Border Until Lawmakers Move on Immigration Package

President Obama is refusing to secure the border until Congress reaches a breakthrough on comprehensive immigration reform, Arizona Sen. Jon Kyl said at a recent town hall meeting.

The No. 2 Senate Republican, in a video clip posted on YouTube showing the senator speaking to a local Tea Party crowd on Friday, said the president told him during a one-on-one meeting in the Oval Office that he was concerned he wouldn't win GOP support on immigration legislation if he took care of border security first.

See link....

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
there was a post on ATS last night about this
and I said it was Obama extortion.
Which is illegal by the way.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jeh2324

Amnesty erases the border.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
He just doesn't seem to understand that most Americans want the border closed first as well as deportation of criminals released from prison first.

Or he doesn't want to. He knows the people do not want this just as he knows we don't want his health care bill or his Cap & Trade tax bill or his bail-out spending. Doesn't care.

We have been scammed enough on illegal immigrations. Part of the one time only Reagan amnesty was increased border control. Didn't happen. The USA gave amnesty to 3 million illegals and all it got us is close to 20 million illegals and raging drug cartel gang wars.

Just another example of the people be damned. The Democrats want all those voters and they will make certain that they know who let them stay in the USA and who welcomes more of them.

They also are beginning to realize they are going to lose their majority in Congress after the November elections....maybe the Senate as well tho that might be a stretch.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Well gee, If I were an illegal and didn't want to get deported I wouldn't enforce the immigrations either. Even if I was the President of the United States. Sorta.........

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
screw amnesty!!!!!!!!!!! screw it !!

thats the dems answer to everything reward failure,reward breaking the law.
(unless ur an oil company)

until mexico starts doing something bout their side and we Finaly do something about our side.........it will never be fixed.

ask not what you can do for your country but what you can sit on your ass and get from it......

[edit on 21-6-2010 by neo96]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I thought it was the duty of the Executive Branch to carry out the laws of the United States, such as laws were already made to secure the border and enforce immigration laws.

Does this mean that Obama is violating is duty and oath?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Apathy is better than amnesty.

I can't see the GOP going along with immigration reform that includes amnesty. The base would revolt. They balked when Bush tried it. Let alone Obama.

new topics

top topics

join