It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No more scoffing and ridicule...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Many Mods and other posters know that when I post my opinion it may contain the words, loons, lwackos, loonies, nutbags, twits, crazies, freaks, dinks, dumbasses, doofuses, dinguses, dingledorks, geeks, freakos, lamers and a host of other names but rarely on my 3 years on this board have I out and out called somebody a name. On a few occasions I have and I've definitetly paid for it by losing points here and there and receiving a warning...but opinions are opinions and as long as they're not being declared as fact I don't see why some of us long standing members should change our posting habits now. Not to say that making fun of somebody should be allowed but if some poster decides to post about a conversation he had with a grey alien over a beer, you're damnskippy I'm going to post...this board seems to see far to much DECLARATION and not enough SPECULATION. How long will it be before we see another post tacked to the top of the board that says, "NO THEORIES TO BE POSTED WITHOUT EVIDENCE" or "NO MORE ABDUCTION STORIES WITH MEDICAL EVIDENCE" or "STOP SPREADING DISINFORMATION"? Probably won't see those anytime eh? I understand that sometimes many of the members on this forum can be rough with noobs but it's not always uncalled for. How about tacking a post to the top that says, "LAMERS STOP USING DESPERATE LAST DITCH INSULT BY CALLING SKEPTICS "DEBUNKERS" AND "IGNORANT"".
In closing...I'd just like to scream dingus really loud because for some reason...I like the word.

DINGUS!!

[edit on 6/13/2004 by Sinobyte]

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
spacedoubt:

Making lewd statements about a part of the body that aliens like to probe is a good thing not to do. Anything like that is out of the question, and nets you a BIG RED WARNING STICKER, kinda like the one I have right now. Just respect the people here, and when you jest, make sure they know that you're just kidding.

P.S. I almost put airlines up there when I was typing aliens. Boy that woulda been funny.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
One of the problems here on ATS if you would call it that is that we have such a mix of people thus a mix of opinions. Some people are here just to cause trouble because that is what they do because nobody knows who they are. I do enjoy the posters who question my post in a positive way even if they prove me totally wrong that is why I am on ATS so I can learn from people who may be more informed than I. We have some very smart people here to work with and while we do not need them to let us know how much smarter they are on a post by post basis they can be a blessing if we work with them. We all must lead by example or if you can't handle someone push Ignore.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this thread bandit.It's sad when people who may have something to share are reluctant to post due to intimidation from folks with nothing better to do with their time than ridicule and insult them into silence.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Theborg,

Airlines probaby would have been appropriate as well.!
At least in these days.

I've been in the situation before, where I read something here that made me
SO angry, I just refrained from posting. I came back later, and re-read the thread, others had taken care of the offender, without namecalling. Just asking for support of claims..I learned from that..

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
This is a general problem with discussing ufos. It is considered "fringe" and many sites pack it together with Nessie, Bigfoot, fantastic conspiracy theories, ghosts, etc. It will attract loonies. It would be great if this board could be split into two boards: one for discussing serious ufology (with the constraints mentioned by Sinobyte - you have to come up with supporting arguments, to discuss, for example: the Mexican Military Ufo Video, Majestic-12, FOIA documentation on ufos, sightings, etc) and another for "fringe" ufology, where anything goes (wild speculation, tall tales, new age, wild conspiracies...). This would hopefully separate posters into a forum with more of their peers and, maybe, less hostile discussions between the two camps. It would also lend the serious ufology more of a mantle of credibility.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by nutzobalzo

All of them seem to be protecting the sites interest very well. But there is that one..... And I fear that I will have to deal with him eventually.

There is no need to make not so veiled threats. If you are having a legitimate problem with a staff member, either u2u an administrator, or even better use the suggestion button (once called the complain button) and complain. Doing this will make all of the staff aware of the problem and will allow for a peer review. It would not be the first time a staff member has been asked to step down, or been pressed to seriously change their ways.

But saying things like "I will have to deal with him" is not going to earn you any points. There is a structure here for things like what you have complained about and the staff are pretty honest with each other. We do argue, and we do not allow anyone to abuse their position.

We also depend on members to make us aware of when there is a problem. And we dont ignore any complaints or suggestions.

[edit on 6-13-2004 by William One Sac]

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac

Originally posted by nutzobalzo

All of them seem to be protecting the sites interest very well. But there is that one..... And I fear that I will have to deal with him eventually.

There is no need to make not so veiled threats.
But saying things like "I will have to deal with him" is not going to earn you any points.

[edit on 6-13-2004 by William One Sac]

Threat? What threat? I make no threats. It appears to me that you have taken what I have said and fished out something that you didn't like about it. That is fine, I expected this. Although no one else wants to make their opinions public when it comes to mod abuse. If you have a look at my U2Us , you would see that many here agree with me. In every one there is a "you are right on the money" comment. And I'm not trying to "earn points" with anybody.

If you are having a legitimate problem with a staff member, either u2u an administrator, or even better use the suggestion button (once called the complain button) and complain.

I have and I will. This is what I meant by "deal with". If you weren't so anxious to put words in my mouth.

It seems that you take this post personally. I can assure you that I haven't , untill now , ever even heard of you.

And did you even read the entirety of my post? It was meant to applaud the staff for doing such a fine job. I moderate a board of my own on the web. A local community board that is no where as big as this one. So I know how difficult it can be.

What you have done here is prove my point that moderaters can as well be sometimes wrong. I don't appreciate you accusing me of making threats. Unless you consider sending a U2U to Simon or Skeptic a threat. Please refrain from speaking for me and putting words in my mouth. I can manage on my own thank you very much.

This comment by William One Sac only makes me extend my request for an open forum to discuss moderator policy. For once again , my intelligence has been insulted by one of them.

If you would rather do these things "quietly" through U2U, as not to draw visitors attention to board mayhem, then why didn't you U2U me with this "threat" accusation instead of insulting me in front of the entire group?

Am I not allowed to disagree with you just because your avatar says "Super Moderator"? Is this policy? Because if this is so, then this group is redundant. I won't be dictated to. I don't believe it to be that way, and hopefully Simon or Overlord will , as you put it, not allow anyone to abuse their position.

11thdimension
Thanks for posting this thread bandit.It's sad when people who may have something to share are reluctant to post due to intimidation from folks with nothing better to do with their time than ridicule and insult them into silence.

As has been done here you mean? I agree.

factfinder38
if you can't handle someone push Ignore

Only members have ignore buttons.

I have never insulted a member outright. As stated by spacedoubt, I have asked them for information on what they were posting and gotten ill worded returns. All in all, if I believe a member has a legitimate source of information , I always look at it and either agree or disagree. That is what forums like this are for. I always use manners.

After all of the responses on here and in U2U that I have gotten from the previous post I made, not one Moderator said to me, "thanks for your support Nutzo and we will discuss your proposal". Only this, an attempt to insult my intelligence.

There is a structure here for things like what you have complained about and the staff are pretty honest with each other.

I was not complaining or whining, but simply pointing out to the members that these Mods may be dis-agreeable at times, but they are still doing a fine job at keeping a professional website. And pointing out to the Mods that we appreciate it and we know we can sometimes be just as dis-agreeable. And perhaps it would help the staff to hear member opinions. I never insulted, made 'not so veiled threats' or 'not so veiled anything for that matter. Subtlety is not my specialty. And on top of it all , I stayed on topic.

I will say it again, respect is a two lane street. Please don't make 'not so veiled accusations' at me.

Nutzo

[edit on 14-6-2004 by nutzobalzo]

[edit on 14-6-2004 by nutzobalzo]

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Threat? What threat? I make no threats.
Where I come from, if I told someone I was going to have to deal with them, it would be seen as a threat. Apparently that is not the case where you are concerned, so please accept my apologies for saying that you were making a threat.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac

Threat? What threat? I make no threats.
Where I come from, if I told someone I was going to have to deal with them, it would be seen as a threat. Apparently that is not the case where you are concerned, so please accept my apologies for saying that you were making a threat.

Another example of how polite and fair our moderaters are. You see people, we can all get along.

Apology accepted.

And remember, I am not your enemy. I am just another voice trying to be heard in this never ending sea of words.

Perhaps when you fine gentlemen and ladies up there in the ATS penthouse are seeking to employ another moderator, you will think of me. I might be just what you are looking for.

Nutzo

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Wow... that's about all I can say... just, wow.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 12:42 AM
link   

And remember, I am not your enemy. I am just another voice trying to be heard in this never ending sea of words.
Nutzo

Articulate , educated and documented voice as far as your views and oppinions are concerned IMO . Stayed away from the heat last night on this one as I am new here , but enjoy your POV as well as your sarcasm .
Learning quickly here to accept peoples right to beleive , even in the ludicrous , and debate them without ridicule .

Plus , if Nutzo was to "deal " with anyone in a threatening way , he would first turn into his alien alter-ego , and we would never know it was him . (Seen it !!! kinda spooky...)

Jesting aside , look forward to your continued postings .....

Live , and let live.... or backwards : evil tel dna ,eviL

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
exellent post arhhhh big truth

stay cool

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Attention all,

[edit on 12-6-2004 by TheBandit795]

You are correct when you state that UFOlogy has been mocked by mainstream society unrightfully. However, you are totally wrong when you state that there is no such a thing as absolute truth.

What utter garbage!

I know for a fact that that 'philosophy' was invented as a mind-control programme. People like the Illuminati agent Robert Anton Wilson have promoted it as "Model Agnosticism".

He appears to make a good case for the idea that absolute truth does not exist, but if you actually think about the entire idea, you realise that it is paradoxical and absurd.

If absolute truth "is" not "real", then that must be an absolute truth about absolute truth not "being" real.

Obviously Wilson and others like him have extensively studied neurolinguistics, and know how to bull# people into accepting nonsense.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinobyte
Many Mods and other posters know that when I post my opinion it may contain the words, loons...etc.

DINGUS!!

[edit on 6/13/2004 by Sinobyte]

Wow, if you think that Ayn Rand is an example of a sane person, you seriously need to reconsider your view of reality.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Daelume:

Have you not noticed the title of this thread? I might be mistaken, but you seem to be straying from the topic. Pleast stay to it.

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
This thread is locked. Discuss other stuff elsewhere in new threads.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

BUMP!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join