It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No more scoffing and ridicule...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Attention all,

If you feel the need to scoff at, make fun of, or ridicule a member because he made a post or started a thread that you don't agree with, or that you think is stupid, crazy, too out there or ridiculous. Do not post anything. Ufology and paranormal studies have suffered for decades because anything in that area is constantly ridiculed and made fun of by the media and by the average joe, because of it conflicting with their beliefs of what reality is. Not one belief on reality is true, and no one has the "copyright" on what's 100%, no 101% true or not. Not me, not you, not society, not science... NO ONE. Thinking it's otherwise is just being ignorant.

Most people simply don't give the chance for intelligent, unbiased and rational discussion with these matters. They revert to ridicule and scoffing. This is IMO the dumbest, stupidest habits people can have, and unfortunately close to 99% of the average people suffer from this nonsense. If we at ATS are any different, I have yet to see that with most or all of us.

So you will not ridicule or make fun of someone else when they post something that conflicts with your version of reality. OR else I will delete your post, and consider your post a form of abuse, offensive and of poor taste, being thus a violation of the Terms & Conditions.

Deny Ignorance...

[edit on 12-6-2004 by TheBandit795]
edit on Thu Jun 22 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: updated T&C link

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Amen, people who even claim to be part of the UFO community, will add a post claiming the UFO community to be all lunies when someone tries to talk about different species of aliens. Its like, why do you even write something that doesn't have any substance to it, and they are like cause its my opinion. They're just hypocrites and I guess too lazy to give any merit to their opinions.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
So, if we believe something is false or stupid we shouldn't question it?

Uh? Deny what?

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Of course you can question it. But not in an immature, insulting way...

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
questions GOOD.
name calling BAD.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Iam guilty of a few name calling/ Iam sorry for that and i will strive for better outlook on things in which i do not agree with!

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Great point, if we can't post (strange/unpopular)questions and answers here, where can we.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   
fully agree, sure i am suspect because i used to be "bombarded" in my aliens topic in the "predictions" forum sector. but what this guy sayed here its the best thing i have seen here ever. its true, its neutral, its inteligent and its mature.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   
As a matter of fact, I do have the copyright and patent on determining what is true and untrue, real or fake.

But, although I have all the facts and the truth, I wouldn't disturb anyone with them on this forum. You guys have too much fun as it is.

If it makes some of you feel better, there are a couple that are right on the money. A shame I can't say which ones!

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Don't make me track you down! Listen to TheBandit... Or the Overlord will find you!

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Fine you can have your UFO threads because that was one of my first conspiracy loves and I feel bad that I havent kept up with it over the years.

But the Religion and Prediction Forums should be open game for ridicule, because thats the looney bin of ATS.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47
Fine you can have your UFO threads because that was one of my first conspiracy loves

But the Religion and Prediction Forums should be open game for ridicule,

As should this post by Agent47

Heehee. Just Kidding. Or am I? lol

Nutzo

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Most of us jest with others, all in good fun. Unfortunately, that's not allowed here. I've been warned once for such statements, and have decided that it's pointless to keep being such a smartass.

From now on, when I start to jest, I'm either gonna shut up and log off, or at least mention from the start that my post is meant for nothing but comic relief, and shouldn't be taken in any kind of offensive way, since that's never been my intention. The last thing I ever wanted to do was offend someone, but I think I managed to do it earlier. Oh well, Live and Learn.

Sorry for any undue offense to anyone.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 03:01 AM
link   
My biggest problem with this board is that many of the Mods are lacking communication. Not naming names. But all of us have posted a response in a joking fashion. There are some members who do nothing else and are praised for it, our favorite Pixy for instance. We all love him for his famous comedic commentary. I think that these people make this board more colorful and fun. It is one of the reasons I have become addicted to this site. I need comedy relief from time to time. And our favorite pixy and a few others have almost made me pee a little from their commentary.

Part 1: Modlash
I have been warned by one mod for a post then another mod will comment on the same post finding it funny. Another example is a mod moving a thread and patonizing me for placing it there then another mod moving it back and patronizing me even further for not knowing where to place a topic. I'm like, jeez people , can I not just express myself without all of the rules? Patronize? It feels that way sometimes.

Once I posted a comment and I was 'slapped' and had points removed for my post being too short. This mod , however was just trying to help me and was very cordail about it. The same day I was 'slapped' once again for posting a comment that was too long. This mod was not so cordail, but when approached with the subject, I just submitted and did what he wanted. It all depends on the Mod. I suppose we have to get to know each and every mod as an individual.

Part 2: Respect

But of course we need rules , do we not? Without them , we have chaos.

I in no way dis-respect any of the mods here , for they are just trying to keep a professional site intact. However it becomes frustrating sometimes when we are 'slapped' for no apparent reason. And it also becomes tedious when trying to gain respect from someone who you disagree with.
Respect is a two lane street. We as member demand it as much as staff.

You could say "hey, we have a set of rules and they are not to be broken."
And I say fine. But we should have a forum. We should have a right to state our case just as they do in any democracy. This would save Simon from a U2U overload when one day all of the Mods are in disagreement.

Part 3: Manners

We all have bad days. And yes even the Mods are sometimes wrong.

I am not in the habit of posting rude commentary on this or any other site. I try to respect everyone.

Sometimes I question a posters age. I think there should be an age requirement here as well.

I am not here to make enemies, but friends. But I have been known to disagree with a mod from time to time. There are some very nice mods here who seem to be working in the sites best interest. But there are a couple , or at least one that I can think of, not you Kano lol, that only abuses his authority. This mod that I speak of has only crossed me once and I let it ride, but I have noticed other posts where he will attack anyone he doesn't agree with and when he is called on it , he will lock the thread. Can anyone guess who I am talking about.

All in all, I am happy with the moderation of this site. They seem to be fair and just and quite professional. Skeptic Overlord seems to be an intelligent chap and with a good sense of humor. Kano had forked fingers and a bit of a tude, but he seems to be a fair and likeable fellow. ProudAmerican is a very fair and a very well mannered nice person as well. Banshee is a hotty and I would never cross her in fear of getting my butt whipped. These are just a few that I have come to know and had dealings or conversations with. All of them seem to be protecting the sites interest very well. But there is that one..... And I fear that I will have to deal with him eventually.

Part 4: Democracy

I propose that the staff begin an open thread and call it, " Get to know your Moderators." In this forum we would all have the chance to openly discuss site policy and it could as well be used as a chance to defend ourselves.

I am somewhat defiant , as I suspect we all are, so I can give as much as I recieve. But we all need to know when to back down and let these fine people do their jobs. But I also think we need a forum to openly discuss moderators and site policy. Law is law, but are we never to hold another convention to discuss this law? Then we become dictated.

Kudos to the staff and keep up the good work.

Nutzo

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Nutzobalzo:

exelent post mate. many big trues on it. i fully agree with you.

stay cool friend

cya

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Nice post nutzo, and I fully agree. The mods are doing a great job overall with the huge task that has been given. I think that merits a round of applause, don't you?

*claps*

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 05:58 AM
link   
This is a bit off-topic, but did you know that flashing red background in your SIG can trigger a gran mal seizure?
I am sure you were not aware of it, but it can.
I don't have gran mal seizures, but SOME people do.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
did you know that flashing red background in your SIG can trigger a gran mal seizure? I am sure you were not aware of it, but it can.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trevor
did you know that flashing red background in your SIG can trigger a gran mal seizure? I am sure you were not aware of it, but it can.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
About all this Name calling, and "making fun of".

Can I say something is "crap", if I want??
Or should I stick with Poo Poo?, poopy?

I've often considered printing out a whole thread
to put on my Tomato plants..!

Seriously,

I like to ask for proof of a statement, or claim. Sometimes
of course, you get a whole Website "pasted" back at ya..And not just the link
if you know what I mean.

I'm usually not a "wordy" guy, and tend to read the short, cogent postings.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join