It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has any prophecy on ATS ever come true?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

Right it looks like nothing is going to happen so are you now going to admit you are wrong?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
If there won't be a huge quake as a result of this 5.5 quake felt in most of Usa- Canada during the whole day of June 23, than yes...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Thank you!

I really do admire a person who can admit when they are wrong however my question stands

Has any prediction by a ATS member ever came true?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Well, there is the whole Iran thing.

Not to mention the BP cap broke. Apparently, it's raining oil in Louisiana now.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

I bet yea theres not one that came true in the last 50 years

Well clearly at least 1 has..

So it's good you didn't put any money on that 'bet'.

And ATS hasn't been around for 50 years.
OP asked about ATS specifically.

Not patronizing you...

Just pointing out that many people here just like to jump into any given topic with their opinions, without even reading first.
and it's annoying.
not to mention
ignorant.

totally agreed!!!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Right guys this thread has been up for a few days’ now and so far we have had no one who can prove that a prediction on ATS has ever came true. Therefore i am going to conclude that no prediction has ever came true and everyone should stop pretending to be oracles.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I could've sworn that somewhere on the beginning of this thread, the oil spill was shown as predicted...

As for people going around claiming to be oracles... haha, you have much to learn. Skeptics always try to base their views around such a small amount of people they've met/surveyed about a phenomenon.
Their are things much bigger and much more secretive than ATS prophecies.
We humans have been prophesying events for millenia, so this single 3 day old thread does naught to prove a point. So for someone to use one thread around which to base their logic, is flawed.

If you want a prediction, look at the movie Esoteric Agenda. I can't remember the man's name, but in June of 2001 a man predicts (on a radio show no less) the 9-11 "attack".

The problem with predictions on this site though, is that everyone thinks their dreams are direct representations of what's going to happen. This is true with some people, but often it needs to be interpreted. Dreams are often comprised of symbols concerning the personal life.

There's also this thread, posted earlier by Electric Universe The ATS Correct/Good Almanac

I don't know why it's so hard for people to believe we can see into the future. Much more incredible things have been done...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by prepared4truth

I think that considering the method to make that prediction has been disproven, and since then he has got a second prediction wrong it’s safe to say he got lucky. It was also quite a vague prediction and it was likely that one day someone would get lucky. I have already addressed the 9/11 prediction if you read the posts on this thread.

Also I am looking specifically at ATS, so the prediction has to have been made on ATS and I haven’t found any and no one on this thread has shown me any.

Can you tell me what people have done that is more impressive than seeing the future?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Asian men create fire with bare-hands using chi
Joey Nuzum
Qigong Master

American men create machines that can answer any question and think faster than entire populations
Watson

Blind boys create sight for themselves
Extraordinary People

Mayan men create cities and calendars based on astrology without the use of modern telescopic equipment

Egyptian men create structures, such as pyramids, that are so mysterious they baffle people thousands of years later

Men and women around the world create LIFE on a daily basis

Basically, our ability to create and dream ALONE is better and more extensive than any seer's abilities

P.S. The method has not been disproven just because a few demonstrations have failed. The inner mechanics of something as complicated as seeing through time must definitely allow mistakes. This is why scientists can't understand many mysteries now. Everything they study has to be able to be done exactly how they want it. I believe that earlier Zagari even stated he's only right 83% of the time.

Sorry about all the edits, post didn't turn out how I wanted a couple times

[edit on 24-6-2010 by prepared4truth]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The guys making fire can be easly explained as magic, its a trick.

I have seen that stuff about the guy that see’s like that and the science behind it and yes i agree it is amazing however i do not think it is anything paranormal or psychic.

Your link about the machine did work. So i can’t comment

As for the others, go and do look over some high school biology textbooks

Our ignorance is not evidence of something paranormal it is only evidence of our ignorance

None of that answered my original question.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I'm sorry but I don't think your questions can be answered then.
If you value seeing into the future more than humanity's great accomplishments and abilities, and if you are predisposed to calling something a trick just because it seems "magical", you cannot be helped.

Our minds and bodies are capable of much more than people think, and this is the ignorance that I deny. To me, things that we take as simple facts of life prove more impressive than the guesswork of psychics.
That's what it boils down to. Guesswork. Even the famous Nostradamus didn't get it right all the time.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I swear I was reading a post the other day and someone claimed a noticeable even would take place On June 23rd.
Then there was an Earthquake in Southern ontario Canada.

And Northern united states.

And for anyone who doesn't know canada, Ontario is in land other than hudson bay which is way north from Southern Ontario.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
Has any prediction by a ATS member ever came true?

I predict that the U.S. Taxpayer will be stuck with the bill for the BP Oil Leak cleanup.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FSMthewayshegoes
I swear I was reading a post the other day and someone claimed a noticeable even would take place On June 23rd.

See, "noticeable event" really doesn't cut the mustard as far as predictions go. At the very least they could have said that a "well-known public figure" would die. Their odds for guessing that would have been pretty good. A recognized "hit" needs to be significantly more specific. We need to know:

Who
What
When
Where

As for the "why," we can let that go for the moment. Who knows why anything happens?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

Totaly agree from an ignorant Man lol

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
A number of members have predicted that other members would make predictions that failed to come true. Does that count?

PS: I predict that Brazil will win the 2010 World Cup.

[edit on 25/6/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by prepared4truth
I'm sorry but I don't think your questions can be answered then.

The reason my questions can’t be answered by you is because the answerer is no, no one has ever made a accurate prediction on ATS that has came true

reply to post by FSMthewayshegoes

I have already addressed that, it was luck. If you read over the posts in this thread you will see my argument. In any case the ATSter who made that prediction has admitted himself that it never came true and nothing happened that constitutes a “hit”. In other words by his own admission that prediction was wrong.

reply to post by Dark Ghost

I predict Argentina

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Well
I know of one that came true.
Granted no one claimed to be an oracle...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Oh
And here is one I'm betting will be mostly spot on...we'll know in a couple months

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by prepared4truth
I could've sworn that somewhere on the beginning of this thread, the oil spill was shown as predicted...

"A major oil spill will occur in the GoM April, 2010", is a prediction.

"something BIG would happen on or around April 20th, 2010.", is NOT a prediction. It's a guess at most.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join