It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Sense Theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
This is only a theory. I am not a scientist, theologist, even a professor.
If this has already been thought up, then oops.

Okay, small story to sum up my thoughts.

A group of four men grew up blind in a cave their whole lives. Then one day a hiker went inside the cave to escape a storm. The four men greated him kindly. They asked what the outside world was like. The hiker talked about trees and oceans and all the beautiful colors. The four men were fasinated by the story and excited to experience the world the next day (no, they had never thought of doing this before, and I don't know why). When they woke, the hiker was gone, but they found their way out of the cave.
"Let us look for color." They told each other. So they went.
The first one found two fruit and tasted them, they were different. "Ah this must be color!" he said to himself. And went to show his fellows. But had a red strawberry and red apple.
The second man found two stones, they felt different. "ah, this must be color!" He went to his fellows. But he had two black stones.
The third finds two green plants and smells them, and they smelled different. "Truly I say, this must be color!" He went to find his fellows.
Finally the fourth man heard two birds and listened. They sounded the same and he went to find something else. The yellow bird and blue bird flew away.

My theory is that we all have a God sense that we don't know how to use very well. It is a byproduct of our consciousness that allows us to sense a God power.
If we dont know how to apply it, we cant experience it.

To go back, If you are blind, how do you experience color?
You cant taste color
You can't feel color
You can't smell color
You can't hear color
You can only see color
Color is just an abstract effect that we can precieve. Prove color exists without sight.
You really can't, but it does....

Just something I was thinking about lastnight and wanted to share.
Just my two SENSE lol

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by westlink

I like how you think! You should be taking some Philosophy classes.

color can actually be shown to exist (as much as anything physical can) based on the neurons in the eye. Data, or color energy, reaches the eye then goes into the brain, and proceeds back to the visual cortex. It goes to different areas for different purposes (shape, color, movement).

A person who is blind might be blind due to rear brain injury but his or her eyes work just fine. There are a few ways we can test whether someone is perceiving color even if their brain doesn't experience it as such.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

About the God sense - I think we all tune into what's "real" in different ways! We learn to use our eyes, touch, smell, etc and if we don't use them, we lose them! Sorta like how most people aren't psychic even though it's a really natural thing to have.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Interesting post, it made me think of Plato's allegory of The Cave.

Socrates begins by describing a scenario in which what people take to be real would in fact be an illusion. He asks Glaucon to imagine a cave inhabited by prisoners who have been chained and held immobile since childhood: not only are their arms and legs held in place, but their heads are also fixed, compelled to gaze at a wall in front of them. Behind the prisoners is an enormous fire, and between the fire and the prisoners is a raised walkway, along which people walk carrying things on their heads "including figures of men and animals made of wood, stone and other materials". The prisoners watch the shadows cast by the men, not knowing they are shadows. There are also echoes off the wall from the noise produced from the walkway. Socrates asks if it is not reasonable that the prisoners would take the shadows to be real things and the echoes to be real sounds, not just reflections of reality, since they are all they had ever seen or heard. Wouldn't they praise as clever whoever could best guess which shadow would come next, as someone who understood the nature of the world? And wouldn't the whole of their society depend on the shadows on the wall?

Source

You might find it of interest and also Theory Of Forms

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Make that "god sense" an "individual navigation system" inside you and you got the soultion. We don't know how to use it because THAT is what this adventure you call life is all about: Get that thing to work and guide you to your life experience.

Need the manual how to use it?

Namaste,

Deckard

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

Thank you for the kind words. Again this is only a theory so I'm sure there are kinks to be worked out (like proving a different sense lol), but the concept is there.
The last man DID come in contact with a FORM of different color but could not tell because he was looking for it using a different sense. The other men BELIEVED they had and were wrong. Maybe God (or whatever term you feel comfortable with) can't be fully understood without this God sense.

Can you hear stone?
Can you taste fire?
Can you see Air?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Deckard666

"individual navigation system" Nice.

new topics

top topics

join