It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul to long-term jobless: Just go back to work

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

You know that the first thing to go when you lose a job in the highest pay ranks during the unemployment and without finding a job equal in pay is your life savings, then your retirement (you know the one you have pay for decades but economic blunders erode away) then when unemployment is not enough you lose what you have build all your life.

When you are young you can recover somewhat or get used to a life of government hand outs (we never had them in our life)

But when you are in your middle age and only a few years away from retirement all you have left is nothing but deceptions and a life of poverty in your old days, no matter how hard you worked all your life.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
oh cool...I guess Rand is open for business...all unemployed people send him your application.

-sighs-
such a disconnect.

The n00b is strong in this one.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Why would they blame us when they let our jobs go overseas.

The government needs to do something to get our jobs back.

Tariff all goods that come from countries that have slave-like labor costs and after a period of time the factories will start to return.

We do not need more cheap crap from the east when the ultimate exchange in the long run will be everyone will be poor.

We need to make a stand and demand this.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

See, while you are working, your employer pays into a fund. It's called Unemployment Insurance. That is what you and your husband are supposed to use. And I am all for that. People hit hard times. Hell, I am also for people who are out of work right now getting money from the government while trying to get any job they can. It's hard out there.

What I am against is those that had high paying jobs, and won't settle for anything else but the exact job they had before. To me, I think, take a freaking pay cut and get off your ass.

reply to post by marg6043

Yep, course, I do understand, and I sympathize for the most part, (not with Kosmo), but you shouldn't hold out for the highest paying jobs when you can take a pay cut and find something that pays less with potential for growth.

Like I said, I sympathize for the most part, the reason I am busting on Kosmo is because I just personally don't like this person. If your a total douche bag to me don't really expect me to be nice to you, it's not going to happen. If you come to this board day after day and give me hell for my political views don't expect me to reciprocate any kindness when I find out you are just sitting on your ass posting on a message board, it's not going to happen.

I've had good jobs, I have had bad jobs, I bend, I do what I can to survive. I have done so since I was 17 and my parents decided to move to Texas and leave me on my own.

In this life, if you are unwilling to compromise and take a lesser paying job because of some sense of self importance, I have no sympathy for you. If you use up all your savings and retirement because you won't compromise, well that's on you. Don't give me a guilt trip about it. Because no one cared one little bit about a 17 year old kid who all of a sudden had to get a job and an apartment and still finished high school.

Listen, when you invest, you do take a chance, no matter what the investment is. Your 401k isn't actually a real account but a mutual fund and your money is invested in the stock market, well, that ain't guaranteed to always go up.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

I agree with you specifically for companies that are American based that have factories overseas. I think they should tariff the hell out of the imports these companies bring in. Make it cheaper to produce products here in America than it would be to produce them overseas with slave labor and you will see unemployment go down.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I do see both sides of this, and there is really no point in attacking eachother.

If you have put in the time effort and finances to improve your situation you should earn more. I saw this coming and its one of the reasons I never finished my degree.

You played by the system and it lied to you. Sad but True. It was obvious that the proaperity in this country couldn't continue by the mid 90s.

Now they got people so brainwashed that they'll accept any job and be greatful slaves. To those people I ask you:

What good is living if all you can do is survive?

I'm not going to work if I can't go out every once in a while and enjoy the fruit of my labors, that's stupid. That folks is slavery, work eat sleep do it all again. Then the slaves are greatful, greatful? for their bondage. Why because you aren't starving to death in some third world slum, lol. They keep those slums in place t stroke your gratitude.

Conversely, the people that were making 100+ k a year. If you would have lived a reasonable lifestyle you could have retired in 10 years time, but you just had to have it all now. No one needs a hundred thousand dollar car, etc. If I had access to those type of resources I would have continued to live in this crap apartment driving a crap car until I had enough to build a well water fed, sun powered, geothermal, totally self sustainable home. Where the only expense is a little food money and property tax. I have friends in a position to do that now but trying to convince them to do it is futile.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
No he's right.

Everyone has become lazy these days expecting hand outs.

And they are "too good" for the crappy jobs.

I am not blind or a liar.

Here is what I see everywhere I go.

Every single Fast Food joint has a "help wanted" sign, because their turnover rate is so high.

Every Gas Station has a "help wanted" sign because their turnover rates are also very high.

Grocery stores have "now hiring" signs because they also have high turn over rates due to the pools of workers they usually deal with.

When people say there are no jobs, it's BS. What they mean is "There are no high quality jobs". That is what they mean. And it is pretty true.

However in reality, there are thousands of openings in the crap job world.

I see these signs everywhere I go. From Texas to PA. There are plenty of jobs available.

But are you too good for them?

I couldn't agree more with you, these unemployed people find it much easier to blame illegal aliens and the government when all I see are hiring signs just about at every corner store and fast food joint at least where I live. Lazyness is all I can say to describe these people.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I agree with Rand. Here's the thing, extending unemployment for 2 years. Boosting the amount. Expanding welfare programs. The government is begging you to be lazy.

There are jobs out there. A good friend of mine who is a resort developer runs a huge timeshare operation. He has 40 sales people and has been trying to get up to 100. He has on the street marketing people where he's been trying to add 20 more for quite some time. He has a 500 man phone room for his marketing operation.

His marketing jobs pay 10 bucks an hour plus commission. And yes they have decent benefits. His hiring manager does over 100 interviews a week here in New orleans. He'll hire anyone with a pulse, a little enthusiasm and a personality. He said they offer jobs to at least 60 people a week. More than half of those folks say 10 bucks an hour isn't worthing losing their govt benefits for. The Timeshare Jobs have a 30k per year base + comm. He can't hire anyone for those.

Now there are jobs out there. But here's the rub. People have gotten fat and lazy on their govt assistance. Or People won't get off the benefits to take a job they maybe overqualified for. There are jobs out there, people just think they are beneath them. I'd rather work than take a handout. Many Americans wouldn't.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I agree with this and disagree with this.

For starters, I agree that most people I've met who have been "jobless" for longer than a week, were jobless because they were "holding out" for a job they were qualified for.

These people, most with college degrees, don't understand that before anything, you gotta get your paper straight. Will it be humbling to work as a part time janitor or at Burger King? Hell yeah. It builds, what's that thing people used to talk about in the United States? Oh, yeah, character.

I disagree though in this way. My family lives in rural Wisconsin. My little brother has not been able to find any job in that area. Why? Because in these rural areas, the only jobs are rural jobs with zero to no turn over. What is a rural job? Besides farmer on your families land, it could be a retail clerk in the small town's only 5 and Dime. You think someone who's been working there for six years is going to quit or that the 5 and Dime is going to suddenly expand and create more jobs? No.

The problem is that people in these areas aren't in with the family farm scenario (or if they are, are not making ends meet), and they don't have a foot in the door to any one of their small town's established businesses. When I say small town, I mean like 8,000 or less population.

What is the solution? Well, start thinking and reading about what happened during the Great Depression. People migrated. They moved to where the jobs were.

"Where are the jobs you ask?"

Where the most people are. I've been traveling to big cities my whole life and settling in them. Big cities have more people. More people=more money. Period. More money=more jobs. Desperate times call for desperate measure. Do you want to sit around and watch everything you have be slowly dwindled to nothing because it got foreclosed upon, or you had to liquidate it for it's lowest possible resell value?

Also, and this is a third point, a little side bar on the situation. I think, personally, that a lot of people, young people I've known, sabotage getting a job because they don't really want one. They may live at their parents house, play a lot of XBox, and drink a lot of Mountain Dew. Or they may not. If you fit that image even loosely, you exude an apathy employers can detect. If you smoke a lot of pot, maybe quit. Save some money, and get your head clear. If you look like a stoner, people won't want to hire you. Now, if you go into that McDonald's interview and you answer "Absolutely," to every question, you may come across like responsible, assertive type. The type employers love to hire.

Just my theories based on experience.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Forcing people who have worked high paying jobs into low paying jobs isn't the answer. Minimum wage can't sustain the lifestyle of the high income worker. If you have nothing then sure minimum wage will do as long as you can find cheap rent. Not everyone can slip into a minimum wage type existence. I think we have to ask ourselves is this really the American way? I mean it's good to live within our means but with everything from real estate, cars, food etc inflating over the years how can anyone's income keep up without debt?

The hubby & I were forced to downgrade our lives when he was permanently laid off from his good union job. It was in the steel industry there were massive lay offs in all trades. We couldn't afford the area on minimum wage. So we moved to CO. We figured if we were going to be poor we would live in the most beautiful place we could find. We had inside info on the small town we relocated to. Minimum wage jobs were plentiful and the housing costs were minimal.

It is possible but, and there are some big buts, we started out young and debt free. We found a very safe, cheap area. We drive POS cars/trucks in all kinds of weather on county roads. Although we are sometimes inconvenienced I always know I'm safe. It would require making a total lifestyle change, wiping debt completely clean and finding an area that's safe with a low cost of living. How many people can reasonably do that?

I can tell you it's a hard life I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I worried all the time. To live poor is a whole other existence. We came from depression/WWII era parents. We heard the stories our parents lived frugally we had that knowledge. We knew how to live poor without loosing our humanity.

Minimum wage got us a fixer upper on 5 acres. We love our home we have cheap fun right here. We afforded what we could and did ok. Just go easy when wishing a lifestyle on another. They aren't always coming from the same place as you that doesn't make them bad people who deserve to suffer. They just got embedded in a corrupt system.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

About no car insurance. Here is the way I see it.
1) I drive very well, probably one of the best.
2) My car has been hit by 3 people in the last year, and NOT ONE OF THEM paid for it; they all Hit and Ran, and I had to even call the cops and make a report. *And still I have no compensation*.
3) Insurance companies will only pay a portion and then force me to pay the rest anyways.
4) It's cheaper to not get insurance and save whatever $ I can to pay for emergencies like a car wreck.

Why would I pay out 1200$ a year for insurance "just in case", when I can SAVE that 1200$ "just in case"???

If I sank it into car insurance, than I wouldn't be able to use it for OTHER types of emergencies. It's just good strategy when you are in my position at the bottom of the totem pole.

Car insurance is a legal requirement in order to legally drive a car. So, you admit to breaking the law to operate your vehicle?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by lady_mezuza

About no car insurance. Here is the way I see it.
1) I drive very well, probably one of the best.
2) My car has been hit by 3 people in the last year, and NOT ONE OF THEM paid for it; they all Hit and Ran, and I had to even call the cops and make a report. *And still I have no compensation*.
3) Insurance companies will only pay a portion and then force me to pay the rest anyways.
4) It's cheaper to not get insurance and save whatever $ I can to pay for emergencies like a car wreck.

Why would I pay out 1200$ a year for insurance "just in case", when I can SAVE that 1200$ "just in case"???

If I sank it into car insurance, than I wouldn't be able to use it for OTHER types of emergencies. It's just good strategy when you are in my position at the bottom of the totem pole.

Car insurance is a legal requirement in order to legally drive a car. So, you admit to breaking the law to operate your vehicle?

---

Just thought I'd add in on this...In MANY U.S. states there
is NO LEGAL REQUIREMENT to have 3rd party automobile insurance,
only proof that you have the financial ability to pay a minimum
floor claim rate which can be as low as $5000 or $10,000 in
some states. Most states have $25,000 minimum of assets or
yearly income requirements but the few mostly middle-northern
and southern states can have a low of $5,000 of assets or
yearly income to get out of buying 3rd party insurance,
which is pretty scary if you're a driver and many people
have little or NO insurance like in Detroit where up to 35%
of drivers don't have ANY or only a little insurance.

And in many states, all you have to do is show a series of
paycheck stubs that are equivalent in earnings to that
minimum in order get out of the legal requirement to
purchase 3rd party insurance.

New Hampshire is the only state that DOES NOT HAVE
compulsory auto insurance liability laws, as of June 2010.

In British Columbia, Canada we have a Single Payer System
where EVERYONE MUST pay into ICBC (Insurance Corp of BC)
to get a minimum $200,000 3rd party liability. Me and most
people I personally know get 2 to 5 million dollars 3rd party
liability plus collision & comprehensive perils insurance which
bumps up your rates to about $1200 to $2400 a year
depending upon your vehicle and claims history.

You can get as high as 15 million dollars of 3rd party liability
which is especially handy in case you hit a Doctor or other high
income person and have to pay loss-of-income claims which
can run into the millions for those types of people.

In California, 3rd party insurance is MANDATORY and
that state is the most litigious one in all the 50 states
so I always add a 10 million dollar liability rider
whenever I go down there. Why waste your assets
and hard work away on a no-insurance lawsuit when
a few bucks of premiums a month can pay someone
else (i.e. ICBC lawyers) to take care of any problems
and accidents that MIGHT crop up.

If you're in the states, I HIGHLY SUGGEST that you get
Blue Cross catastrophic accident & illness plus basic life
insurance for literally $2 a day which will cover your
medical costs in case you something untoward happens.

When simply getting the flu can get you a $25,000 hospital bill,
some BASIC insurance can cover your hiney and SAVE your
children from permanent poverty. It's a case of being penny-wise
and pound-foolish.

For those of you who say...I first have to HAVE those pennies
in order to stop from being pound-foolish, I reply that waking
up a lot earlier to walk 10 km to work to save on gas & bus fare
is a lot CHEAPER and HEALTHIER alternative to waking up to
an unforeseen car accident or health bill running into the
hundreds of thousands if you have NO insurance and
ESPECIALLY when, in some states, Bankruptcy does NOT remove
an outstanding no-insurance lawsuit or large health care bill.
You could end up paying for the REST of your life in POVERTY
by trying to be pound-foolish but penny-wise!

10 km ain't that much of a distance...it's an hour and a half
to 2 hour brisk walk even in 90 degree (+30 celcius) heat
or -20 degree cold...After about 3 weeks it becomes just
another task to complete in a day because your body gets
used to it getting less fat, stronger and fitter the more you
walk.... I did for years and it saved me a TON of money
which was put to use in getting me a better place,
better schooling, better insurance and eventually
a much better paying job with full benefits!

[edit on 2010/6/22 by StargateSG7]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

No he's right.

Everyone has become lazy these days expecting hand outs.

And they are "too good" for the crappy jobs.

I am not blind or a liar.

Here is what I see everywhere I go.

Every single Fast Food joint has a "help wanted" sign, because their turnover rate is so high.

Every Gas Station has a "help wanted" sign because their turnover rates are also very high.

Grocery stores have "now hiring" signs because they also have high turn over rates due to the pools of workers they usually deal with.

When people say there are no jobs, it's BS. What they mean is "There are no high quality jobs". That is what they mean. And it is pretty true.

I see these signs everywhere I go. From Texas to PA. There are plenty of jobs available.

This is bullcrap. Nobody wants those jobs not because they think theyre too good for them but because YOU CANT MAKE A LIVING DOING THEM! yes please sign me up for 5 jobs so i have 2 hours to sleep a day just to put raman noodles on my dinner plate. Are you stupid or just retarded? Who can live on min wage? Can you? Can you support a child on min wage? I sure as hell cant. Everything inflates the prices rise sky high and you get paid $6 an hour. UMMM? diapers or dinner?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by StargateSG7
Just thought I'd add in on this...In MANY U.S. states there
is NO LEGAL REQUIREMENT to have 3rd party automobile insurance,
only proof that you have the financial ability to pay a minimum
floor claim rate which can be as low as $5000 or $10,000 in
some states. Most states have $25,000 minimum of assets or
yearly income requirements but the few mostly middle-northern
and southern states can have a low of $5,000 of assets or
yearly income to get out of buying 3rd party insurance,
which is pretty scary if you're a driver and many people
have little or NO insurance like in Detroit where up to 35%
of drivers don't have ANY or only a little insurance.

And in many states, all you have to do is show a series of
paycheck stubs that are equivalent in earnings to that
minimum in order get out of the legal requirement to
purchase 3rd party insurance.

Yes, Virginia used to have where you paid a $400 fee a year to drive without insurance, although you did not have to prove assets.

Someone making minimum wage would never be able to prove such a capability.

Most of the poor will end up being forced to live in areas with public transportation. The gangs will be attracted to such areas. Living in poverty is very hazardous to your health.

After cap and trade is passed, it's going to get even worse.

I have to pay about $1400/year for car insurance for liability, and I have not had a ticket since 1995. It used to be a lot lower, but rates keep going up.

I cannot physically walk for long at all. I have multiple disabilities. If not for my car, I couldn't go much anywhere at all. Plus, I may end up living in it before it's all over with. I haven't had a regular job in about two years now, but I was only part time so never eligible for unemployment.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Tell Rand Paul to stick it. That slime ball has probably never been in this situation, he has absolutely no idea what it is like.

Anyone that has any compassion or empathy or understanding would ever dare to say something like this. Especially a man who wants to be a Senator.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

Only jobs around here are pyramid schemes and commission jobs to sell some random crap or insurance no one can afford.

Rand really doesn't have his fathers way of relating to the people.. such a shame, I had hope.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
This is bullcrap. Nobody wants those jobs not because they think theyre too good for them but because YOU CANT MAKE A LIVING DOING THEM! yes please sign me up for 5 jobs so i have 2 hours to sleep a day just to put raman noodles on my dinner plate. Are you stupid or just retarded? Who can live on min wage? Can you? Can you support a child on min wage? I sure as hell cant. Everything inflates the prices rise sky high and you get paid $6 an hour. UMMM? diapers or dinner?

---
Actually YES YOU CAN just NOT in your likely urban/suburban
neighbourhood based upon your response.

To save some money...I say try CLOTH diapers and keep
washing em until you can't anymore...My parents used
RAG TOWELS as diapers...Their baby bed/crib was a drawer
from an old cabinet. Their breakfast food was feed oats for
a today's price of $10 for a 70 lbs bag which lasted
two months for the whole family.

Eggs were either the cheapest store types bought
4-dozen at a time to save money long-term OR wild
pigeon or crow eggs which tasted rather excellent
when fried nearly burnt to get rid of the salmonella risk.
Actually the pigeons (known as Squab) were also rather
tasty when barbecued! A few geese and a 1500 lbs moose
during hunting season, plus a few days of hard
fishing and we could live pretty comfortably.

We had cable but no Internet or video games...rolling
tires down a hill and sliding on cardboard were GREAT
entertainment for us kids. And since mom grew vegetables,
we didn't starve for Vitamins & Minerals A to Zinc.
When we were older, we salvaged used bikes from
garbage dumpsters and built some wicked-looking
contraptions with little trailers and even a rudimentary
version of today's mountain bike & lawn mower powered
self-built motor bike.

I know that the average urban or suburban parent
wouldn't be able to do what we did, but you CAN move to a
more rural area to partake in all of nature's luxuries IF you
prepare yourself ENOUGH mentally and physically.
You won't need as much money to live and your kids
will be better off for it once they WILL adapt to a life
of few video games and really SLOOOW 56 bilobit
Internet. That'll take about 6 months but they'll
get over it.

Nope! I've found too many of today's parents are
PRETTY LAZY and haven't a CLUE about living outside
their urban/suburban environment at what they THINK
is a decent standard of living.

Yeah! Sure it's nice to have 100 megabit fibre into my home
and that 50 inch plasma....BUT.....it's NOT NECESSARY!
All you need is some GOOD books and articles on how
to live simply and then some REAL DAILY PRACTICE for at
least a FULL YEAR OR TWO before going off-the-grid/rat race!

Do you wash the dishes or do laundry every day?

Well that's a simple task that JUST HAS TO GET DONE!

You can ALSO turn LEARNING ABOUT COUNTRY LIVING
into just another task that HAS TO GET DONE! Less than
hour or two a day will get you a LONG AWAY from that
rat race IF you're willing to JUST DO IT!

But like most people, many urban/suburban stuck-heres
will NEVER take that NEXT step or CALCULATED RISK
so they will forever STAY in the rut of quiet desperation,
seething with unbridled rage & fury at the unfairness of it all!!!!!

And to those of you who say...well, i'm NOT LIKE YOU!!!!

I say....MAYBE YOU SHOULD BE!

Cuz otherwise you're gonna be STUCK wherever you are
FOREVER unless you TAKE THAT RISK and simply LEAVE
and MAKE DO with what you've got or can make, buy, beg
or borrow!

My dad ate RATS and small animals for breakfast, lunch & dinner
for YEARS in bombed out cities...he survived! Why can't YOU?

---

P.S. Actually rats are pretty tasty...tried more than a few myself
fairly recently too! Guinea pigs, mice, snakes, even worms are
good food if you cook em well - I've had em all and ALL were good!

P.S.2. I'm a bit luckier than most because I am well-trained
and well stocked & prepared for almost ANY scenario, so me
being able to eat ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that moves or
even LOOKS LIKE food is my great advantage.

My biggest beef is the urban/suburban dweller who thinks
meat comes from Safeway and that X-BOX running on 50"
plasmas is a NORMAL way to live! It ain't and to expect the
REST OF AMERICA (Add Canada too!) to pay for someone
to IGNORE a viable job offer or simply be UNWILLING to
take the most BASIC of steps to becoming employed
or self-employed REALLY GETS MY GOAT!

We have the right to the Pursuit of Happiness...
NOT THE GUARANTEE OF IT!!!!!

Ergo, that means MY TAXES not paying for someone to sit on their
derriere WAITING FRUITLESSLY for a phone call or email when
some application of shoe leather to pavement and some
personalized cold calling is a FAR BETTER METHOD of
re-joining the working world than just waiting around.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrJay1975
I agree with Rand. Here's the thing, extending unemployment for 2 years. Boosting the amount. Expanding welfare programs. The government is begging you to be lazy.

They are begging you to be lazy, but not in terms of working. They are bribing the hell out of people not to vote the whole two fake party system out to vote in non-bribed politicians.

Vote people, and march, and petition, and get active. You have all that free time, with unemployment benefits, use it to work against the system that got us all here with their trade and economic policies.

Yes, look for work too, but spend some of the time getting active at the local level and scare the pants off them by electing green party members or libertarians, or someone not in one of the two major parties.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

No he's right.

OK tired of the sweeping generalizations. Prove it! Take a pic of every single fast food joint, gas station and grocery store in the areas you are talking about with addresses whether they have a sign or not because I doubt heavily that Every Single One has a help wanted sign in it.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by StargateSG7

I cant fit your entire quote in here and still have room to talk so I'll just hope you know I'm responding to you.

I'd like to personally thank you for this post because it has opened my eyes a ton. Humans can and have in the past gotten by on so little that today we all should be considered rich. I understand where you're coming from and honestly I have nothing to say that could disagree with it. What I do have to say is kind of a cop out, but I still think I should voice my oppinion.

Even though humans can and would get by on things that you mentioned, thats not what American life normally is in the 21st century. We are all accustomed to living higher than our means. I've met people that live in a 1 bedroom run down apartment with a 50 inch plasma tv in. It makes no sense, but it makes them happy.

To live without going back to ma and pa days in today's economy and society means more than working at burger king 8 hours a day. One simply cannot live the way you need to with rising rent prices and the likes. Sure you can skim on the basics like diapers etc, but my point was, which I want to touch on, is that it's just not the way it used to be.

In the 50s your wife would stay home with your children and raise them. She didnt have to work and only did so when she had free time. Today you see children growing up without a mother or father and you see what that turns them into. Its not always about "daddy ran off" people have no time to spend with their families anymore because theyre always working. If you travel to italy family is whats important there. Theres always time to spend with your family. In america its about work work work then when you get a chance to breathe say hi to your kids.

Look we can all go back to workin the farm and making jethrob style diapers but realistically how many people are going to do that? Without some type of disaster that destroys society nobody is willingly going to go back to working so darn hard everyday. I know and I agree with you that alot of us need to but it just isnt going to happen.

The arguement that im placing infront of you is based on America's current society. Yes its not perfect and yes it should be changed but its not going to be anytime soon. The fact still remains that to live the life that most Americas are used to, you need to do more than flip a burger at burger king.. either that or they need to pay us more to do so.

And btw my uncle ate rats in Vietnam. My grandfather in ww2. They both agree they were actually pretty damn good lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join