It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The rich and powerful own the world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
If one of your wells screw up and you wreck an entire region of the planet, just throw billions at it and apologize, you can always find a way to jack up oil prices later on and make your money back.

Is lumber your business? Just go a few miles into the woods where the people driving by can't see you and chop away, your rich and the trees belong to you. Don't forget to pay whoever to keep that pesky hemp plant that most anyone can grow illegal, Paper made from decades old trees is so much better anyway

Want to just buy a place in the country and grow and raise your own food? Sounds nice. Except your going to have to come up with property taxes every year or it will be taken from you. You see, the rich and powerful own the world and you are going to pay rent to live on the face of it. ( Unless your homeless and sleep on a park bench somewhere, then they don't bother you as much.)

Got the money for a fleet of whaling ships? Have at it, their yours not mine. Don't forget to give estimates on how many are left from time to time because only you would know where every whale in the ocean is.

Own a company that makes hybrid food products and chemicals to spray on them to keep the weeds down? Good enough for everybody else to eat, but I wonder if that same food makes it to your plate.

Got a company that dumps factory waste into rivers and lakes and pollutes the air? Not to worry, your probably wealthy enough not to live anywhere near it. A nice country estate on a clear lake with lots of trees is more like it. And don't forget the private security force to head off anyone who wanders on to your private land. A stern warning and a foot in the ass will make sure they don't make the same mistake twice.

I suppose I could go on but this is getting rather depressing.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by korath

Well, what's new? The rich and powerful have always ran the world.
And if the list you were making started to get you depressed, why even
start? Just wondering !

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
1% of the world population controls 90% of its money. Been that way for thousands of years. Thats life. But the good news is: in the end....we're ALL equal.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I thought this was a generally accepted idea here on ATS.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by korath

They sure do.

That's the very reason why things are so screwed up on this Planet at the moment.

When it comes down to it, all "they" care about is money and power.

- KC

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Karma_Chameleon]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
It doesn't matter if you're in the upper echelons of society or a bottom-feeder. The bottom-line is that you're only in it for the money.

Just like what I always say: People who are looking for work aren't really looking for work. They're looking for money. Nothing more, nothing less.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Unregistered]

CX

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The rich and powerfull THINK they own the world.

Now and again though Mother Nature dishes out a little something to make everyone realise that this planet will never be owned, by anyone.

Unfortunate as the oil leak is, i have a feeling this will be one such occasion where the damage done to mother nature will come around and bite certain corporations on the ass...and all that think they own the place too.

I like to think karma will do it's stuff at times like these.

CX.

[edit on 21/6/10 by CX]

join