It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last 8 Presidents Have Promised to Get Us Off Foreign Oil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Troubling times my friends when the most sage and sound advice, the only source of clarity, comes from Jon Stewart on the Daily Show. Republicans and Democrats alike have all given promises and failed to remove our dependence on foreign oil. Watch and be amazed as Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, and Obama all promise to rectify this situation. None of them have succeeded. Does this mean it just can't be done?

(video at the link provided)
www.thedailyshow.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
That was an excellent piece by the daily show. And it's so true. Promises...promises. No government (that doesn't really represent US) is going to do this for us. We have to do it.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

You know that is only for the purposes of getting more voters in their side, right?

Most of the presidents in that list are actually owners of oil stocks or like Mr. Bush are oilmen themselves.

Oil is a big issue globally and as long as is profitable we will be ingesting oil for life.

What bothers me is how we have been lie about US oil reserves.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
You expected the truth?

Lies, Lies, Lies...

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Did you catch the moment of zen? It shows Ford pulling away at a calendar, frustrated that congress does nothing about it.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by joeroxor]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
good detective work, man
this makes me mad at the mainsream system
so, if you see a president on tv, you are looking at evil.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
There is no oil shortage.

It is all just a scam to fix prices so the elite get richer. The "oil shortage" also serves to keep everyone thinking we are about to run out which in turn let's them raise taxes and prices which makes them even richer.

Earth has more oil than we can ever hope to use. But a few control it. And they have accumulated a level wealth never before seen in human history. They will not allow this commodity to simply enter the market. Every drop must pass through their hands.

Not only is there no oil shortage, there will never be an alternative. The choice is false.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I personally think it's just another tactic to get the votes and be elected into office. They dangle on strings and the funny thing is even though the promises are the same from president to president everyone seems to fall for them EVERY SINGLE TIME and then form an opinion about the candidate as if they have a informed viewpoint when in reality it's all on false or tweaked information. Then these sheep debate why this president is better or this candidate is better than another when in reality the president and the person supporting them are chasing a carrot on a string...

The whole country seems to forget that the last president said the same thing and don't critically question what separates the running candidate from the last failure.

They always seem to fail to remember the past in hopes for a better future, when in reality, if thinking realistically instead of submitting to the political propaganda, we might see past the same promises that all politicians seem to pull from the same book.

I see it, most of ATS see's it and remembers how it works and plays out but the world continues to fall for the same tricks, year after year as if they are incapable of admitting to and remembering the past instead of using such to make informed decisions...

Anywho, I'll stop there. lol

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Crossfate]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Why do we need the government to get us off of oil? I don't want those people doing anything for me.

Also- Getting off of oil is a daunting task. Everything you touch is associated with petroleum products and for most of those things there is no substitute.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

PErhaps. But merely stating your opinion does little to sway me. Do you have evidence?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike6158
Why do we need the government to get us off of oil? I don't want those people doing anything for me.

Also- Getting off of oil is a daunting task. Everything you touch is associated with petroleum products and for most of those things there is no substitute.

Synthetic fuel is one highly viable alternative, along with hemp-based fuel and products.

top topics

join