It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia Beheads and Nails Murderer's Body to Cross

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Saudi Arabia Beheads and Nails Murderer's Body to Cross

www.foxnews.com

Saudi Arabia executed two murderers including a Yemeni whose body was nailed to a cross after he was convicted of killing a fellow countryman and his daughter, the interior ministry said on Monday.

Shaaban al-Nasheri was beheaded for shooting dead Dhayeh al-Manbahi after barging into his family home in the southwestern town of Jazan, the ministry said in a statement cited by the official SPA agency.

Nasheri was also found guilty of raping and killing Manbahi's daughter before shooting...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Talk about "old school", Saudi Arabia sure does have a harsh stance on criminal activity. Normally, I would agree with this for murderers, rapists or other heinous crimes but for some reason, I just don't think these "criminals" are getting a fair trial. I'm sure the trial in Saudi Arabia aren't anything even resembling fair and therefore I do not agree with such harsh punishments.

The crazy thing is, this country is supposed to be our ally and we ship them weapons, money and support. I guess it would not surprise us that the Bush family is so close to the Saudi Royal family, the Bin Laden family and other Saudi families with these extra harsh, bronze and iron age punishments. Evil befriends evil. Just to think that the [former] President of the US is so close to a family that hands out these brutal punishments after what I'm sure amounts to an unfair trial. How disgusting.

--airspoon

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
There is nothing fair in Saudi. I hope for the ejection of their so-called royal family and for the rounding up of the religious police and all Wahabbist imams and putting them under house arrest without right to communicate with non-Saudis.

I would also give Mekkah and Medinah to the King of Jordan ... if wishes were horses....

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

Both the Christian and Islamic states have been manipulated to create this common hatred we seem to have along with royal families who have no other motive than total control of its people. I for one know plenty of Muslims and none of them are anything other than decent.

The whole men control women thing was created to allow for control. If women have an equal say then rationality usually remains in control. When equality is taken away one side uses it to ensure there rein, regardless of the persecution of gender, religion, or freedom.

Religion has NO place in government. Everyone is free to live as they please but it has to be under a communal law that allows for everyone's rights to be protected. Start by having a one person one vote government (would require all governments to be changed! - shows you what a free world we live in) and all taxes to be abolished with a single sales tax.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I must agree with airspoon. A FAIR trial is a must. After that, if found guilty......linch em

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I was looking for a picture, couldn't find one.

We believe this, but if someone says they saw a ufo fly over their house we demand to see a photo as proof, then we would dissect the photo to no end saying it was photoshopped.

It is kind of sad, how easy it is to believe man's inhumanity to man.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I believe in the Prime Directive and variants thereof, so I'm not equipped with all the facts to judge what they do in their country or act on it. I don't have all the facts or know all the customs. My own country still executes people, so I am again unqualified and unentitled to judge or act. Do I worry about being "friends" with a country like this? Damn right. But there again, I believe in the Prime Directive and variants thereof.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Yes the thing is a fair trial with evidence of the crime is a must, then after providing the proof....execution and popcorn time.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I too was looking for pictures. If anyone can find any, please post them. Even without pictures though, this is hardly surprising and completely credible, coming from Saudi Arabia. I don't doubt it for a minute.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
A fair trial in Saudi Arabia constists of getting a confession beat out of you before you see a judge to be sentanced for what ever it is your on trial for.

If you ask me most people in the middle east are 2 generations from swinging in the trees as are alot of societies around the world.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

Wow, how would you like it if other countries judges you on what your government, military, and police forces do? That would kinda suck, wouldn't it?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
There is nothing fair in Saudi. I hope for the ejection of their so-called royal family and for the rounding up of the religious police and all Wahabbist imams and putting them under house arrest without right to communicate with non-Saudis.

I would also give Mekkah and Medinah to the King of Jordan ... if wishes were horses....

I beg to differ, from what I saw in Riyadh it was very fair AND quick.
Quick trial, quick appeal, and quick review by the King. Not like here where by the time the trial comes along, no one can truly remember exactly what happened.
Also the family has a say in the punishment. They also get to cut the head off if they want to. Most gruesome! since they don't have any practice beforehand. But definitely fair.
I never missed a beheading or amputation which were on Fridays at high noon.

[edit on 6/21/2010 by wookiee]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
The country is about to explode anyway...

Soon the king will get the same punishment, according to a royal family member.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by ickylevel]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Christ, they still kill witches over in Saudi Arabia and wahabism is just dreadful..i wouldn't be looking over there for tips on how to deal with criminals. Im 100% against the death penalty anyway, completely backwards no matter what approach you take in carrying it out.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by Solomons]

new topics

top topics

join